Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

StormCrow42

What are those? Other scripts?

-Paz

FirstThingsFirst and SmartStasis (SS does everything FTF does and then some). At the very least, you need SmartStasis to handle the gremlin portion of the level 12 quest appropriately. Both are found in the CCS forums.

Neither of them identifies bang potions however. For that, you need the "special action" line in your CCS and to have mafia configured to auto-identify them.

zarqon

dj_d: for any of my scripts which happen to be included, versioning is now automatic and awesome thanks to the new check_version() function in ZLib. What's more, that function is perfectly portable for version checking in any of your other components. I recommend both rebundling my scripts, and looking into using ZLib's check_version() in your own. It will save you hassle in the long run as all of the components will automatically check themselves and alert users when a new version is available.

dj_d

I definitely want to do that, but first we have to figure out a solution to the problem I mentioned in the zlib thread. It affects ascend.ash particularly, but will generally make it difficult for scripts to call other scripts...

zarqon

There is no problem. A quick test reveals that mafia does not double-import files. Files can include files that include files and also include the files that the other files include, but everything only gets included once. Yay smart mafia.

ChriaMon

Unlikely, he says it doesn't do Hardcore, so I don't see how it would do BM, much less kittycore.

What I'd like to know even more is can it be configured to do lucrecore.

dj_d

@Z: Fantastic! It didn't work when I last tried it (some months ago) so Go Mafia Devs (as usual) for being on top of things.

@ChriaMon: Do you mean, can it do softcore runs where it farms lucre every day, or do you mean something else?

jameZ

I wouldn't really know how to configure this if I wanted it so, would anyone help me configure it. I been currently using stupac2's ascension guide. My main items are spooky putty mitre, flaming shirt, ice sickle, pilgrim shield, travoltan trousers/spooky putty leotard, V mask, navel ring, and elvish sunglasses or a mr accessory if I got it. Probally gonna invest in a jr or 2. I am trying to do fast casual ascensions. And get the rest of my hobo codes. Are there any hobo code finding scripts out there as well? Anyways would anyone who has experience with this script help me configure this? I would gladly pay the mr a for the password to use this for a few quick ascensions. Thanks!

dj_d

@chriamon: To do that, just bounty.ash (found elsewhere on this site), then call ascend.ash. They work together perfectly to do what you want.

@jamez: if you can get wossname.ash and eatdrink.ash to work for you, then you won't have any problems with ascend.ash. If not, I don't think anyone can do it for you.

Okay, I found a bug. The script did the McGuffin, tried to fight Ed, defeated him the first time, then got a strange, garbled message. Then it just kept adventuring in the unhydrated desert... FIGHTING ED AGAIN EACH TIME! :)

After 6 "Ed in the Desert", it kept adventuring in the Unhydrated desert again, until manually stopped. After restarting it, it kept saying it had to find the McGuffin and kept adventuring in the Lower Chambers to fight Ed in an endless loop.

I've attached the log from KolMafia's CLI. It's a pretty big chunk o' text.

Attachments

• report.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 129

kain

It looks like your combat action bar is on. If you turn it off (or possibly get a newer daily build) that problem should go away, You might also grab the most recent edition of macguffin.ash

I was playing with the latest build and macguffin versions :)

Also, the problem was "fixed" by simply firing up the relay browser, giving the McGuffin to the council and restarting the script, but I just thought I'd report the bug so it could get fixed.

dj_d

It sounds like you weren't killing Ed when you fought him. Neither macguffin.ash nor ascend.ash manage your combat settings, so the solution is to buff up or otherwise ensure that Ed the Undying doesn't live up to his name.

Wrong. My stats were high enough to kill him everytime, and I DID get the MacGuffin. In fact, again, the script resumed working when I went to the Council in the relay browser with the MacGuffin in my inventory. I was just reporting a bug, I can assure you there is pretty much no mistake on my part :)

kain

See what happens next time. What's the CCS you're using?

And, the CAB *was* interfering ... you might try turning it off for next time.

dj_d

IH: Ascend.ash invokes Macguffin, and doesn't take over again until it's successful. Macguffin initiates combat with Ed, and doesn't take over again until combat is complete. If you are "FIGHTING ED AGAIN EACH TIME!" as you said above, then you're not killing him, and neither of the aforementioned scripts are responsible. He's not that undying. Or perhaps you meant you're trying to fight ed each time, but failing because he's already dead?