Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

Winterbay

Well... with 0 adventures can_adv is going to return false for all locations since you cannot go anywhere so that is not really unexpected...

From this little experiment we can also see that setting stay_safe to false farm also started to consider Hobopolis areas as well as underwater areas so that setting is working as intended, but since you have no turns you can't farm anywhere and thus no location is completely correct...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Just to be clear, canadv won't find any place to adventure if you have no adventures left or if you have zero HP. If either of those are true then you should address the issue before running anything that relies on canadv.

Bale

Minion
Just to be clear, canadv won't find any place to adventure if you have no adventures left or if you have zero HP. If either of those are true then you should address the issue before running anything that relies on canadv.

canadv also won't think you can adventure if you're falling down drunk. If actual adventuring in the location is bad, canadv won't like it.

Winterbay

Huh? Can_adv obviously reports back that 81 locations are available for you, but somehow they have no monsters with drops in them? That's the only time that nothing gets printed apart from the location details otherwise there should be something printed about what drops we have from which monster. Since we have no drops and monsters every zone gets set to 0 meat and we do not consider areas with 0 meat and thus you don't have anywhere to farm.

Why you would have no monsters with drops (items or meat) I have no idea though... Possibly there appears to be something wrong with your internal Mafia datafiles.

Winterbay

Could you find the line that goes:
Code:
loc_mon = get_monsters(loc); //get all the monsters for that location
and add a "print(count(loc_mon));" on the line after that? That should show us if you get any monsters loaded at least...

Does it do any familiar-picking at the start when you run the script? (this will most likely only show in the session log since it falls off the screen so fast)
The same goes for maximizing for outfits. It is possible that it somehow decides that you have no outifts to try and thus doesn't loop there, which would at least make the error searching move to a new spot :)

Winterbay

Aha! I see the problem: your multi has no +item or +meat familiar (in fact it only has 2 familiars in total) and this is the first thing the script checks for and uses them to loop over all other things. Getting a baby gravy fairy or leprechaun would solve the issue for now, I'll see if I can work on a better solution.

shazbot

Ascend bug that I can't really debug - the spookyraven ballroom key, at least for me, never completes. It used 3+ days worth of adventures attempting but never completing. My attempts to debug have fallen short because the CLI output is not clear as to what adventure is occurring. Hopefully someone else can take a look and easily decipher adventure choice numbers or something.

Winterbay

Try to see if it helps if you set the correct choice adventure in Mafia to "ballroom key then combat" or something similar?