Bug - Fixed An empty line at the bottom of the inventory list

Ferdawoon

I am not sure if this is reproducible, or if it is just my mafia doing wierd stuff that is resolved by me just looking menacingly at it and it never happen again, but here goes.

I just beat the NS, smashed prism, went to Hagnks and got all my items out with that Get All button. I did an Inv refresh as well after that because a (long) while ago I had mafia bug when thinking I still have had the items in Hagnks and I am too paranoid to see if it work without my extra Inv refresh =)

I started Stannius script to repair the elven space station, but had some issues with an infinite loop in a combatscript so I aborted and made a note about it to the author of that CCS-consultscript. Since I have the memory of a goldfish I forgot about still being mid-combat and decided to toss all my summoned resolutions into the Mall before I forgot about it. I searched for Resolutions in the General section of the Item Manager and marked them all (marking top one, holding Shift and pressing End to get tot he bottom), noticing an empty row at the bottom. Not thinking more about it I ask Mafia to put it all into the Mall. It prompt me for how many I want to transfer and all is well until I reach the empty row. A Debug log is printed.

Code:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
         KoLmafia v15.0 r10526, Windows 7, Java 1.6.0_29
 Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread. If you
 would like the dev team to look at it, please write a bug report
 at kolmafia.us. Include specific information about what you were 
 doing when you made this and include the log as an attachment.
 Timestamp: Sat Feb 18 12:18:28 CET 2012

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.ItemManagePanel.getDesiredItems(ItemManagePanel.java:419)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.ItemManagePanel.getDesiredItems(ItemManagePanel.java:385)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.ItemManagePanel$TransferListener.initialSetup(ItemManagePanel.java:618)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.ItemManagePanel$AutoSellListener.execute(ItemManagePanel.java:776)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.listener.ThreadedListener.run(ThreadedListener.java:239)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread$ThreadWrappedRunnable.run(RequestThread.java:338)

Seeing if I could try to debug this myself a bit to provide more info, I did an inv refresh again to see if that line would go away.
Code:
Refreshing closet...
Examining consumables in closet...
closet.php: redirected to a fight page.
Now I could not open the middle frame in the relay browser, and the mini-browser show no middle page either. I went to the kitchen for a quickie and when I got back, I could reload the middle page and finish the fight. When I then went to actually toss the resolutions into the Mall, the empty row was gone. I had not tried to refresh the inv again after the fight so no idea when it vanished.

As I said, a really wierd thing and I doubt it is even possible to reproduce, but thought that if Mafia make a debug log about something, it is probably worth mentioning!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just beat the NS, smashed prism, went to Hagnks and got all my items out with that Get All button. I did an Inv refresh as well after that because a (long) while ago I had mafia bug when thinking I still have had the items in Hagnks
Ever since KoL changed how emptying storage works (some items go to inventory, some to closet), KoLmafia does a refresh all itself when you empty storage, so it can find out what ended where. Your refresh all just added 4 server hits and a bunch of delay for no benefit.

I searched for Resolutions in the General section of the Item Manager and marked them all (marking top one, holding Shift and pressing End to get to the bottom)
I always use Ctrl-A (well, the Mac equivalent - Command-a) to "select all". I don't have an End key on my keyboard, but there is a way for me to generate it: Fn-RightArrow. I selected the top element in the last, did that, and all the elements of the list were selected.

noticing an empty row at the bottom.
How odd. I am unable to reproduce that.

I ask Mafia to put it all into the Mall. It prompt me for how many I want to transfer and all is well until I reach the empty row. A Debug log is printed.
Revision 10534 will prevent the NPE if this ever happens again.

Code:
Refreshing closet...
Examining consumables in closet...
closet.php: redirected to a fight page.
Now I could not open the middle frame in the relay browser, and the mini-browser show no middle page either.
Yes. I noticed this myself yesterday: if KoLmafia is in an "abort" state, it will not submit requests. This is a side effect of my making between battle actions run after doing a counterscript. Revision 10527 is bandaid; it will clear abort before opening a request in the Relay Browser. I need to look at it more.

I doubt it is even possible to reproduce, but thought that if Mafia make a debug log about something, it is probably worth mentioning!
Thanks. I fixed the issue that caused the debug log. I will look harder at the middle pane issue.