Feature Allow ash alias commands in multi-part CLI commands

ckb

Minion
Staff member
When stringing multiple CLI commands together on a single line, separated by semi-colons, Mafia fails to recognize alias commands that include ash calls.

> inv salad; cast 1 leon; prefref jung

Ol' Scratch's salad fork (8)
shuriken salad (15)
super salad (5)
Casting Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric (duration: 25 Adventures)
Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric was successfully cast.
Unable to invoke prefref

Note that it seems to work for simple word replacement aliases, or aliases that do not include ash commands. My alias 'fam => familiar' works fine, but my detailed alias commands that are complex ash commands fail.

Bale

Minion
You're asking for the keywords "ash" and "ashq" to be valid in the middle of a string of CLI!

It recognizes the alias just fine. It simply doesn't work.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
You're asking for the keywords "ash" and "ashq" to be valid in the middle of a string of CLI!

You say this as if it is unreasonable.
Well... maybe it is, but only slightly.

Can the keywords 'ash' and 'ashq' be made valid in the middle of a CLI string if they apply to all commands that follow them? At least that way it will work sometimes instead of never.

Bale

Minion
Reasonable or unreasonable isn't for me to judge. I was just spelling out the cause of the problem. I don't understand the mafia code well enough to know if that is difficult to change.

I am curious why it is troublesome to put ash commands on their own line. You can work around the problem with a line break after all.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I guess this is mostly a symptom of how I play, where I often string commands together using the CLI. My habit has been to use ';', but perhaps I need to modify my behavior to use <CR>.

The one advantage of being able to put all commands on the same line is that you can easily repeat them (with up arrow to scroll through previously submitted commands).

xKiv

Isn't this because prefref uses %%, and is therefore only recognized at beginning of line?