Feature - Implemented Additional Items in Breakfast Automation

NotJim

Pretty simple request really, just would like the option to have a checkbox for Summon Annoyance in the breakfast preferences tab. I mean stuff like spag breakfast/cold one/lunch break are listed, so this can't be _that_ obscure ;p

Request Sandwich is another I wouldn't mind seeing but I dunno how difficult that would be.

Thanks!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
There is justifiable, IMHO, reluctance to add Request Sandwich to the Daily Deeds because it does not always succeed and dealing with that is more fiddly than it is worth (to the devs) when there is a workaround whereby you can decide how to handle that possibility and write a script. If you want you can add the script as a custom Daily Deed.

For example, I have the following in my login script for all characters:
Code:
if (have_skill($skill[Request Sandwich])) {
   while ((my_mp() >= 5) && (get_property("_requestSandwichSucceeded") != "true")) {
      print("Requesting sandwich.");
      use_skill(1,$skill[Request Sandwich]);
   }
}

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Breakfast automation seems a little more reasonable than Daily Deeds, but basically the same argument applies. It isn't just the complexity of implementation, it's also the fact that the skill is basically useless.

I'll eventually get around to adding Summon Annoyance to breakfast.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
it's also the fact that the skill is basically useless.

Since you have said that twice, I have one character that has it and EatDrink consumes every summoned sandwich, presumably because that is the "best available" according to parameters I have set, so I do NOT consider it useless at least when suboptimal, scripted ascension is taken into account. :)

NotJim

There is justifiable, IMHO, reluctance to add Request Sandwich to the Daily Deeds because it does not always succeed and dealing with that is more fiddly than it is worth (to the devs) when there is a workaround whereby you can decide how to handle that possibility and write a script.

Yeah, I figured something like that was the case. Thanks for code though, I'll probably add it somewhere in my own script(s)

It isn't just the complexity of implementation, it's also the fact that the skill is basically useless.

But HOARDING!