Bug Additional check to prevent repeatedly mall buying an item while in ronin

ungawa

Today I asked mafia to "create frankly m" in order to make a frankly mr shank. I didn't have any Brituminous coal in my inventory, and I was in ronin without realizing I was out of pulls. Mafia repeatedly mall bought 1 Brituminous coal at a time, which was sent to hangk's. I stopped it pretty quickly, but wanted to mention it.
I know I'm assuming some risk by checking the "Buy items from the mall whenever needed", but would it be reasonable to add a check to avoid this automatic mall purchase while in ronin with no pulls?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I could have sworn that used to work. I probably broke that a couple of months ago when I "simplified" the code in InventoryManager.doRetrieveItem.

In any case, the behavior you describe is clearly a Bug.

ungawa

Actually, for completeness, I should mention that I'm in an odd state due to dropping Ed. I can see the astral gash, but vanilla KoL says I have 176 turns of Ronin left. It looks like mafia believes I'm clear of Ronin, so maybe this issue wouldn't occur under normal circumstances.

Darzil

Developer
Could be, and the api KoL provides will say you've rescued the king, even though you haven't, so even reloading doesn't fix it I guess.