Feature - Rejected Add wiki link to class in relay browser

Theraze

It'll stop people from putting relay overrides in the scripts folder instead of the relay folder? Awesome! :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
When relay scripts were introduced I seem to recall a lot of discussion about opting in or out. At the time the consensus was that it was better to allow a user who wanted the feature to opt-in that to have something break for a user who did not care, because there was an unforeseen side effect. That said, I think there is enough experience to make the default opt-in and I might further suggest that no preference is necessary at all. Relay scripts should be a core functionality always enabled.

@biggles - since you may have identified a problem, I invite you to become part of the solution. Consider noting those things that are new and strange to you and change the wiki so that they will be strange no more. I agree that there is some jargon associated with KoLmafia but I don't think anyone has ever solved the problem of educating users who don't know the jargon. However you might also consider starting a glossary on the wiki so that resolving jargon can be done with one page visit. Finally I would ask you to be careful in ascribing goals and motivations to KoLmafia and its developers. You start to sound as if KoLmafia is supposed to be a service to users and users are entitled to that service. In reality, KoLmafia is a project started and maintained by people who donate their time and expertise for reasons of their own. It is shared with others because doing so contributes to the greater good, but when users expect or demand features it does not generally lead to implementation or even Good Feelings.