Feature add "use milk" option when effect running out

wiseworm

i was thinking about this:
when you're eating with not enough "got milk" turns you get the choice "are you sure? yes or no". i think it would be handy to have "yes, no, use another milk"
simple feature request...

Grotfang

Developer
It sounds simpler than it is.

Code:
String message = milkyTurns > 0 ?
	"Got Milk will run out before you finish eating that. Are you sure?" :
	"Are you sure you want to eat without milk?";
if ( !InputFieldUtilities.confirm( message ) )
{
	return false;
}

UseItemRequest line 1193.

The relevant part is to note that we log the (boolean) return from InputFieldUtilities.confirm() -- which will either be true or false. Now, I suppose we could build a three-option window just to handle milk (and maybe ode) with an integer return, but is it worth it?

I should stress here, that last question is a real question -- it would be possible to implement. It would just be a little clumsy. Mafia's current set up is that instead of clicking "use another", you click "no", then type "use milk". How big a difference would this make?

Theraze

For that matter, would it make sense to have a preference to automatically use milk if it's available? Then this whole issue should be a non-event... the got milk message only appears if you don't have any milk or way to obtain it.

wiseworm

Mafia's current set up is that instead of clicking "use another", you click "no", then type "use milk". How big a difference would this make?

yeah, i know what i'm telling is exactly to save one click. but since mafia autocast ode i supposed it should do the same with milk.
really minor feature but a little user-frieldier...

Theraze

Eh... does it autocast Ode? Last time I actually had it available, I remember it whining at me for not having it active when it was available.

slyz

Developer
In UseItemRequest.askAboutOde(), Ode is automatically cast if you currently have enough MP.

I don't like this feature much, I think it should check if you are still under Ronin/HC restriction before automatically casting it (You might want to use that MP for something else and delay drinking).

The same goes for a feature that automatically creates/buys & uses a Milk of Magnesium, especially since crafting it might use a turn.

Theraze

True... it might screw up your turn counts for semirare or something. Which is why I suggested having it as a preference (obtain milk) instead of always there... Some people don't care and want it always regardless of whatever else is going on, some people actually want to pay attention to things themselves. :)

Bale

Minion
Eh... does it autocast Ode? Last time I actually had it available, I remember it whining at me for not having it active when it was available.

Today I had insufficient turns of Ode by 2. It autocast it to keep me from running out. I was not prompted.

I don't like this feature much, I think it should check if you are still under Ronin/HC restriction before automatically casting it (You might want to use that MP for something else and delay drinking).

Agreed. It would be best if there was a prompt there.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ah, you can't win. I actually removed the "automatically cast ode" feature when I started supporting the new creation features. I never used it myself, since I always manually cast Ode from the Booze queue in the Item Manager, and automatically casting Ode if and only if you happened to have enough MP available for it right then seemed a little dicey, but almost immediately, somebody complained about the lack of automatic casting, over on the main forum thread. So, I put it back the way it used to be.

slyz

Developer
Maybe a good middle ground would be to have a check using KoLCharacter.canInteract() before auto-casting Ode?

</feature-jack>

Theraze

Eh, or making it a configurable option, whether in the preferences, consumption, or hidden? That way you shouldn't get any baws because it's all on them whether or not they'd like to do this. HC, some people might consider the turns even more valuable than SC...