Feature - Rejected Add Staff of Ed to items created when autoCraft is true

StDoodle

Minion
Title says it all. You can't really ascend without doing so, so it's tough to argue you wouldn't want to do so.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Oooh. W'd have to make sure we didn't automatically re-build it when you untinker it, as I always do immediately after using it in the pyramid...

StDoodle

Minion
Ah, good point. Perhaps a lastEdStaffAutoCraft preference is needed. But I'll leave such things up to your wizardry!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Mafia auto-crafts it when you click on the pyramid anyway, if not sooner. The only thing I'm really sure of is that I haven't looked at the staff in a long time. The main argument for making the staff seems to be that mafia might currently get to the "better get that staff" message, then make it and revisit the pyramid (I don't really know), and a server hit could be saved. However, for someone that wants the staff untinkered, mafia will make it, then the user will untinker it, then mafia would make it again when you finally get to the pyramid. I was thinking that mafia could visit the pyramid along with making the staff to open it up, but you can get all of the staff parts without having the pyramid available.

StDoodle

Minion
I didn't realize clicking on the pyramid auto-created the staff at that point. I'll have to remember that; in such case, consider this request withdrawn. :)