Feature Add S'mores to consumables (and all the lovely math that goes with it)

Yvain

Wiki has it spaded as there is no variance.

Notes
• As you eat more s'mores, they take up s'more fullness, and you get s'more adventures. The amount of fullness taken is equal to the number of s'mores eaten, including the one being eaten. (So the first is 1, the second is 2, etc.) <snip> These values do not reset on rollover. They do reset on ascension. <snip>
• The nth s'more eaten in an ascension yields n^1.75 adventures, rounded up

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
s'more tracking

I've been eating a lot of s'mores lately, so I decided to try adding support for them. In the patch I made, eating a s'more updates a preference showing how many you've had. Ascending should reset that. The Item Manager correctly displays the adventures gained from the item, the adv/full for the item, and the fullness, but it still uses the fullness from fullness.txt (which I luckily set to 21 for this testing, meaning mafia did not let me eat it, compared to the actual fullness for that character of 6). I tried changing the fullness to 0, which led to the prompt asking how many I wanted to eat (pre-filled with 2 when I had 3 on hand, no creation queue), but clicking OK led to it saying (1 possible, 3 current) and they weren't actually consumed.

Among other issues, mafia will probably assume that all s'mores have the same fullness if several are eaten at once, before updating the preference for that (assuming other stuff is made to work). Also, eating one from the relay browser updated smoresEaten but did not update the fullness value returned as part of its proxy data, which might mean that I'm not refreshing the data properly.

Attachments

• smore.patch
    4.5 KB · Views: 49

bsander

s'mores are not recognized as food

Even though I have s'mores in my inventory, they do not show up in mafia's food manager.

Crowther

I've no idea of the internals involved, but maybe mafia could be "tricked" into thinking you can't eat more than one. Then the display can be accurate for that one and state can be updated after each one is eaten. Sure you'd have to do more work in scripts and more GUI clicking, but at least the info would be there for the next s'more.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We have the mechanism for declaring that items have to be eaten one at a time, using EatItemRequest.singleConsume() and eatItemRequest.sequentialConsume(). Right off hand, I don't recall why you would use one vs. the other. I also don't think those were intended to deal with things that change in fullness after each consumption, so, they might not really fit the need for this...