Feature - Rejected A simple change in the modifier maximizer pull-down list

I would like to request that:

adv

be changed to:

4 adv, -mana cost

This has the nice feature of using the plexiglass pocketwatch over a bge calendar, for example.
It also means that once the adventures go above 3, it will use depleted grimacite items instead
of the plexiglass pocketwatch.

I have to type this over and over again by hand every night, and it will have no impact on people
that don't have plexiglass watches.

Thanks for considering this.

Theraze

If it's just being done for rollovers, why would mana cost matter, pro or con? If you're just wanting this for yourself because you do it every logoff, why not put the maximize string you want into your logoff script?

Well because the first thing I do the next day is the breakfast script which benefits from the plexiglass pocketwatch

However there are things I'd like to do also with a logoff script. Is there any good documention on how to write
those scripts?

Last edited:

Theraze

It's just any CLI or ASH you want to run. Can do it as
ashq maximize("4 adv, -mana cost, -tie", false);
Or if you prefer to use cli commands, can use
maximize 4 adv, -mana cost, -tie;
instead. If you prefer to make an actual file, just put the name of the file and it should run.

fianor

Along the same lines as this request, can we please have a way to edit the pull down list for maximizer. There are a lot of things in it I never use, and multiple ones that I use all the time. I already have scripts, logon, logoff, and just other that adjust all t his for me, but if I'm just manually adventuring and want to go to the maximizer for MP regeneration, I don't want to have to look up the complicated string I can never remember on the forums here to do that. If I could edit the list that would already be saved and I wouldn't need to look it up on the forums once a week or so.

yeah sure I could write yet another script for each outfit, but it just seems like editing the list should be something I can do instead.

It's just any CLI or ASH you want to run. Can do it asOr if you prefer to use cli commands, can useinstead. If you prefer to make an actual file, just put the name of the file and it should run.

Is there any way to do this if you are overdrunk only? I have a bunch of commands I'd like to run if overdrunk...

Bale

Minion
Is there any way to do this if you are overdrunk only? I have a bunch of commands I'd like to run if overdrunk...

Yes. Here's a section of my own logoutScript:

PHP:
// Use once per day skills in case you missed them earlier!
if(have_skill($skill[Summon Alice's Army Cards]) && get_property("grimoire3Summons") == "0" && my_mp() > 30)
	use_skill(1, $skill[Summon Alice's Army Cards]);
if(have_skill($skill[Lunch Break]) && get_property("_lunchBreak") == "false" && (my_mp() > 50 || can_interact())) {
	matcher lunch = create_matcher("That jerk (.+?) stole your lunch again!", 
		visit_url("skills.php?pwd&action=Skillz&whichskill=60&skillform=Use+Skill&quantity=1"));
	if(lunch.find())
		print_html("<font color='olive'><b>"+lunch.group(1)+"</b> stole your lunch, but you got a sack lunch from the next guy!</font>");
}
if(have_skill($skill[Summon Tasteful Items]) && get_property("grimoire2Summons") == "0" && my_mp() > 30)
	use_skill(1, $skill[Summon Tasteful Items]);

boolean fold(item doodad) {
	if(available_amount(doodad) > 0) return true;
	foreach other in get_related(doodad, "fold")
		if(available_amount(other) > 0)
			return cli_execute("fold "+doodad);
	return false;
}

// If I'm overdrunk, equip for rollover
if(my_inebriety() > inebriety_limit()) {
	// Swap in rollover gear
	fold($item[Loathing Legion moondial]);
	fold($item[stinky cheese diaper]);
	#item famgear = my_familiar() == $familiar[disembodied hand]? $item[none]: familiar_equipped_equipment();
	maximize("adventure, -tie, -equip sugar shield, switch disembodied hand", false);
}

I make everything conditional so that it works for any character. No skills or items are assumed. That's how I roll.

Last edited:
Ah, another problem is that I run multiple accounts, and if I try to use the "on logout" script.. it gets applied to every account (which isn't what I want to do).

Last edited:
For completeness... tweak the inebriety check to include can_drink() in case you're in a pathed run...

I did this instead:

if((my_inebriety() > inebriety_limit()) || my_adventures() == 0) {

This covers pathed ascensions, and if you can drink but don't have a night cap for some reason.
Of course I'm going a bit overboard writing a script now...