Feature - Implemented A bit more specification for garden-picking

mstieler

So, with r10076, you can set your preferences to pick sprouts, which is awesome. However, I have Mafia set in one folder that all my accounts run off of, and only one of them has a Peppermint Patch (one other has Pumpkins, and the other/rest have nothing, and they damned well like it).

Could there be a "Peppermint Sprout or Pumpkin", "Giant Candy Cane or Huge Pumpkin", and "Ginormous Pumpkin (as well as should there be a third growth of the Peppermint Patch at the same number of days as the Ginormous)?

Either that, or am I able to set the preferences per account? Any time I seem to change the preferences, whether while logged in to an account, or from the login screen of Mafia (when you initially open the .jar or .exe), those preferences are applied to all accounts.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It's one setting for all of your characters. However, if you have it set to pumpkins (any of them) it will pick peppermint anyway due to how the code is currently arranged.

I was supposed to make a feature request for that to be changed, I guess this can be the feature request for changing garden picking. "Pick the smallest thing, no matter which type of crop I have" seems like a reasonable implementation.

Last edited:

mstieler

Could be:
Pick smallest thing
Pick 5-day thing
Pick biggest thing

Though that could all change depending on how TPTB would design the next garden item....

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It's probably worth waiting to see whether there's actually a bigger peppermint item before making a decision on how to implement this.