Bug - Fixed 10475 greying out the incorrect button(s)?

fatquack

With 10475, in stead of the 'feed ghost' button, the 'use milk' button is greyed out, while I have no ghost and do have milk of magnesium.
I checked on other characters and 'feed ghost' is never grey, allthough none of them have a ghost.
'Feed hobo' is also not greyed out, but 'cast ode' is greyed out on the booze tab.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I have it disabled and have "cast ode" grayed out instead of "feed hobo" with no hobo (I have a GGG so food buttons aren't affected).

Bale

Minion
It allows you to enqueue a whole bunch of things to eat/drink/spleen (without actually consuming them) so you can look at their combined fullness and be sure nothing uses items in common that would prevent you from creating all of them. Then you can eat/drink/spleen them all at once. This is particularly nice for booze since in a run you have limited bottles of each type and limited cocktail garnishes so with the queue you can be sure that you have a viable combination of advanced cocktails to drink, then it switches into the hippy outfit once to purchase all the fruits you need and switches back after you've mixed all the cocktails.

Basically it is good for more efficient drinking.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I, personally, think the queue is one of the best things that KoLmafia offers. Hola implemented it for me, after I suggested it, and we did a lot of back and forth debugging to get it work the way it does now. I think it's brilliant. We have since refined it to track resources like adventures, Meat, stills, tome summons, but the idea and implementation was all hola's.

Lack of that capability is one of the main thing that cripples me when I try to play KoL in a raw browser. I COULD do all the ingredient tracking without the help of my computer, but I'd need to use a pad of paper and a table of adventure and stat yields for all the recipes, and fiddle for a long time in order to achieve the diet I get now in seconds using the ingredients I have on hand with KoLmafia and the concoction queues.

Maybe it's a hardcore thing. I know that lost, for example - a softcore player - doesn't use it. He probably just has his list of pulls planned out and KNOWS what he will be eating and drinking each day. In Hardcore, I depend on what I find and what cocktail mixers I summon, for example, to decide what I CAN make each day.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, in softcore I usually get the hippy outfit early enough that as long as I get some bottles of booze (never boxed wine, so "bottle of" as a filter tells me how many I have), I know I'll be able to make something and I don't worry too much about which AC (or possibly SHC, but not likely) drinks I end up with; taking booze from the barrr noncombat once covers that, if I don't happen to get a bunch of rum earlier and can't get tequila from the CoT. All booze pulls are wrecked generators, which helps simplify the decision of crafting or pulling booze (though hobopolis consumables add more complexity for the truly crazy).

I suppose seeing nothing but the queue and consumption helpers in aftercore (before scrolling) wouldn't actually matter if I'm going to type in the filter space to bring up the item I want anyway.

fatquack

Ah, I get it. Since I only do oxy runs I never use it and in aftercore I just buy my food and booze.

Theraze

EatDrink would be a sort of automated version (though it will also, in non-ronin, consider mall ingredients as well as just npc bits) in that it should only offer things that, like the queue, mafia considers you to be able to consume. The queue would be better for fine tuning though or if you decide that you really don't care about future mall price, you just want the adventures now. :)