Native Windows (x86) KoLmafia.exe

Soluzar

I decided to try this build. Unfortunately, I get script errors with this, which I have not previously had with the .jar builds. If you want to look into this I can post the error messages later.

Specifically, I had problems with CHIT and with BCC's Snaphot script.

The performance is great though. Any chance you might be able to iron out the problems?

Soluzar

Does that mean it's likely to be fixed in a new or forthcoming built? As far as I know what I tried was the latest "Native Windows" build. As of a couple days ago.

Catch-22

r11561 has been uploaded to SourceForge. Also, for anyone who hasn't seen it, there's an update checker ASH script (View attachment 6766) that you can add to your login scripts, it'll only print a message if there's been an update. Hopefully some day I will create an automatic updater for this build, unless someone else feels like doing it first.

I -just- noticed this now, and I'm sad I haven't been using it. Just wondering where the best place to be checking for the latest build would be (this thread?).
It would be super nifty if (once the auto-build process is hammered out) it could just be floating somewhere on builds.kolmafia.us, which is where I currently head to update my jars.

charred

at the end of the first post youll see check_JET_build.ash
if you set that as your login script, or call it from your login script, itll notify you of an update

While that wouldn't be my preferred way to check, the script does give me the link to the appropriate page, so thanks.

Also, while this is totally minor, I've noticed that the application still has a java icon instead of.. something else. Any plans to change it?

Catch-22

Also, while this is totally minor, I've noticed that the application still has a java icon instead of.. something else. Any plans to change it?

Unfortunately the Excelsior packaging utility (JetPack II) has pretty limited support for icons. I've tried changing it with other resource editors, but the packers were destructive and end up breaking the package. I've sent feedback to the Excelsior dev team that their icon support could be better, but I'm guessing that's a pretty low priority issue for them.

Catch-22

I've migrated my build environment over to Windows 8. Should be business as usual, but let me know if something isn't working right.

The runtimes package has also been updated. If you have any issues running the latest release (r11578), try updating the runtime files first.

I updated just before posting but I'm still getting this on login:
Code:
Sending login request...
Monster: "BL Imp": unknown option: E:
Monster: "CH Imp": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Cobb's Knob Oven": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Demoninja": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Fallen Archfiend": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Fire-Breathing Duck": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Flame-Broiled Meat Blob": unknown option: E:
Monster: "G Imp": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Hellion": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Hot Hobo": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Inkubus": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Knob Goblin Barbecue Team": unknown option: E:
Monster: "L Imp": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Ol' Scratch": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Overdone Flame-Broiled Meat Blob": unknown option: E:
Monster: "P Imp": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Pr Imp": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Scorched Duck": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Serialbus": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Suckubus": unknown option: E:
Monster: "Swarm of Fire Ants": unknown option: E:
Monster: "The Landscaper": unknown option: EA:
Monster: "W Imp": unknown option: E:
Initializing session for almighty sapling...

Catch-22

I updated just before posting but I'm still getting this on login

I justed nuked the entire data directory from my reposistory in case it was still corrupt somehow (although it looked fine to me).

New build should be up in a few minutes. If you still have issues, try running it in a brand new directory and see if it still happens.

eclipsing

Used to use the daily .jar updates of mafia on windows 7. Got a new computer with windows 8 a few days ago and started having LOTS of trouble with chat. Missing people's messages, not seeing my own messages, not seeing the output of chat commands (all occurred randomly). I tried using an older version of java but had the same problem. Then I gave this a try and it's working perfectly, so thanks!

PS I'm another who'd be interested in some sort of autoupdater. But the lack of that is not going to cause me to switch back to .jar or anything..

Catch-22

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :) I haven't used KoLmafia much on Windows 8 with the JAR build but when I have the chance I'll try it out and see if I get the same issues.

I'm another who'd be interested in some sort of autoupdater.

It's still on the cards! I just haven't had a lot of time lately. Besides keeping the JET builds as up to date as I can, I've barely done anything KoL or KoLmafia related in the past month. If I get some spare time, I'll see what I can do in the next week or so :)

So, not sure if it's a JET issue or if it's something you can fix, but mafia's copyright notice (and debug logs) claim to be running in Java 6. (v1.6.0_34b00, precisely)

Catch-22

So, not sure if it's a JET issue or if it's something you can fix, but mafia's copyright notice (and debug logs) claim to be running in Java 6. (v1.6.0_34b00, precisely)

This is normal. I don't know a lot about it, but Oracle have some very strict guidelines when it comes to being able to claim you're Java SE compliant (which JET is). Basically, it means the JET runtimes are implementing all features up to Java SE 6 Update 34 as per the spec.

As a matter of coincidence, I will probably be updating JET sometime this week, so the runtimes will need to be updated. I'll post here when I've made the changes.

dangerpin

I just wanted to thank you again for your continued work on this. Everything works wonderfully and I really appreciate it.

Catch-22

I just wanted to thank you again for your continued work on this.

Thanks :) Also, thank you for reminding me that I needed to update the runtimes!

I just updated the runtimes and the latests builds will require it.

I haven't forgotten about an automatic updater. I've got some coding done for it but I've been very busy with work so I haven't got around to finishing it yet.

Last edited:
The information on the sourceforge page says that you are updating to the latest builds... but when I download and run it, that seems to be ... not the case. Still says 11879