One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

Theraze

Confirmation that with 2 kills, a Cleeshed fight didn't change the image and therefore the count. Apparently that 'feature' has been patched over the last 2 years. Pity, since it actually made sense.

zarqon

Thanks for confirming that, Theraze. Now I just have to confirm whether or not faxing Battlefield monsters before starting the war is throwing off my count (which would be a mafia or KoL bug), or whether there's another culprit afoot (my bug). :)

Theraze

Easiest would be 3 faxed monsters and check if the image starts changed. If so, you know that you can manually fix your count to 3. If it's unchanged, the fights don't count.

tkrun42

So I was trying to set up this script, I unziped the folder in the scripts directory, moved the txt files, and tried running it. Unfortunately I got an error right away:

"Cannot apply operator && to get_property() (string) and retrieve_item() (boolean) (Wossname.ash, line 317)"

I tried updating to the newest version of mafia, but it didn't help. Any ideas on how to get it working?

Thanks in advance

Winterbay

Open the wossname.ash file in notepad (or other similar non-formatting editor) and change line 317 from:
Code:
if (get_property("cloverProtectActive" == "false") && retrieve_item(1,$item[ten-leaf clover])) {}
to
Code:
      if (get_property("cloverProtectActive") == "false" && retrieve_item(1,$item[ten-leaf clover])) {}

tmoi

Hey, I was having the same problem and found this thread searching for the error. I applied the fix but got the same error over again. I noticed that the only difference seemed to be the spacing in front of the string so I tried both replacing the entire line and starting with the current spacing and then replacing the entire line, but same thing both times.

tmoi

Hmm...

I did just plain copy and paste it first though.

EDIT

Hey, nevermind. I looked at it again and saw that the code wasn't the way it was supposed to be. Either I didn't save right or I just otherwise screwed it up. Seems to be working now. Many thanks.

Last edited:

Meliko

Getting this error
You have specified a default familiar which you don't have (Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot).
not sure how to change the default

jbouzanquet

Code:
[COLOR=olive]> zlib ocw_f[/COLOR]

[B]Copy/paste/modify/enter      any of the following lines in the CLI to edit settings:[/B]

zlib      ocw_f_arena =
zlib ocw_f_default = none
zlib ocw_f_farm =
zlib      ocw_f_junkyard =
zlib ocw_f_lighthouse = none
You probably want the second one, the rest are location-specific familars.

Lokathor

I set all of my familiar vars to be my Midget Clownfish, but then it pulled out my cocoabo for the hills part of it anyway.

Code:
ZLib setting 'ocw_f_arena' changed to 'Midget Clownfish'.
ZLib setting 'ocw_f_default' changed to 'Midget Clownfish'.
ZLib setting 'ocw_f_farm' changed to 'Midget Clownfish'.
ZLib setting 'ocw_f_junkyard' changed to 'Midget Clownfish'.
ZLib setting 'ocw_f_lighthouse' changed to 'Midget Clownfish'.

> call scripts\Wossname.ash

Internal checkpoint created.
"optimal.txt" loaded (14 steps).
Verifying Wossname progress...
Current step: 5
Completing step 5 of 14...
Finding best familiar of type "produce"...
First match for type "produce": Cocoabo
Putting on "current"...
Putting on outfit: Frat Warrior Fatigues
Equipment changed.
Countdown: 5 seconds...

What did I do wrong?

Theraze

If you wanted to do a 100% run, you should have set 100familiar. Otherwise certain spots where it will pick the 'best' item will override your hard limits.

Lokathor

Oh... the WOSSMAN variable setter thing didn't show that as a variable. It didn't list 100familiar or ocw_f_100familiar or anything like that.

Theraze

Sorry, wrong name. 100familiar is the BCA name. The 'general' one you'd want to set would be is_100_run. Just set that to the familiar you want and it will always use that. Anytime zlib needs to decide a best familiar, is_100_run will override it.

Razorsoup

Setting "ocw_f_default" to a familiar type doesn't work. Also, something changes that setting if you try to set it to a familiar type. What could be causing this? This setting doesn't get rest if I specify a specific familiar, only if I use a type. And only "ocw_f_default" is affected, all others work as they should.

Here is what I am seeing, verbosity at 10
> zlib ocw_f_default = items

Previous value of ocw_f_default: Jumpsuited Hound Dog
Changed to items.

> zlib ocw_f_

Copy/paste/modify/enter any of the following lines in the CLI to edit settings:

zlib ocw_f_arena = items
zlib ocw_f_default = items
zlib ocw_f_farm = items
zlib ocw_f_junkyard = items
zlib ocw_f_lighthouse = items
(If no values were shown, no settings or values matched your input text. Type "zlib vars" to see all.)

> call scripts\Wossname.ash

ZLib setting ocw_f_default normalized: 'items' => 'none'
Running One-Click Wossname version: 1.8 (current)
Internal checkpoint created.
"warplan-Fratboy-0.txt" loaded (13 steps).

Last edited:

Winterbay

That setting is normalized as a specific familiar and so gets normalised when processed. itema is not a familiar so it geta matched to none. I'd say the rest should as wrll but apparently not.

Razorsoup

So, apparently setvar() in zlib.ash will normalize your settings based on what you pass it. There is a line in wossname that reads
Code:
setvar("ocw_f_default",$familiar[ninja pirate zombie robot]);
Changing the familiar to a string (even if that string is just "ninja pirate zombie robot") fixes the issue I was having. Interestingly, the other familiar settings were already strings which is why they were working correctly.

Last edited: