Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: KoLmafia and Java 7 are incompatible

Default KoLmafia and Java 7 are incompatible

Test123
    If you install Java 7, KoLmafia will no longer work properly. If this has happened for you, you will need to uninstall Java 7 and install an older version. The latest Java 6 version can be downloaded from here.

Developer

It turns out that Java 7 compatibility will require dropping Foxtrot, so you'll see commits over time which will slowly remove the different parts of KoLmafia that make use of it. Once you see Foxtrot formally removed, we'll revisit this to see if KoLmafia works under Java 7 in Windows.

It turns out that Java 7 compatibility will require dropping Foxtrot, so you'll see commits over time which will slowly remove the different parts of KoLmafia that make use of it. Once you see Foxtrot formally removed, we'll revisit this to see if KoLmafia works under Java 7 in Windows.
    Originally Posted by holatuwol View Post
    Yeah just thought I'd chime in that I've been using KoLmafia in CLI mode since Java 7 was in beta (crazy, right?).

Running the latest build as we speak:
    Code:
    KoLmafia v14.8 r9933
    Released on September 15, 2011

Currently Running on Windows Vista
    Local Directory is C:\KoLmafia
    Using Java 1.7.0

Just tested KoLmafia on JDK 7 Developer Preview for Mac OS X.

It hangs after logging in and never shows a GUI. I wonder if Foxtrot has something to do with this?

Developer

Yes
    It turns out that Java 7 compatibility will require dropping Foxtrot
    Originally Posted by holatuwol View Post
    Try the Nemesis Quest Script or the FamiliarFeeder interface.
    *shakes KoLMafia tech support magic 8-ball* Update mafia to the latest daily .JAR!
    NEW Dad ASCENSION STARTED 20120730
    ------------------------------
    Welcome to Parenthood, Noob

Developer

Okay, KoLmafia appears to work with Java 7 on Ubuntu 11.10, which shipped with openjdk-7. Anyone on Windows who wants to run some tests to see how things are going?

Mafia r9957 seems to be working fine under JRE 7u1 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 for me. Is there anything I can/should do to test it more than aftercore farming / ascending today?

Developer

Nope, just use KoLmafia as normal. If you run into any issues, we'll just work through them. =)

Upgrading to Java 7 fixed the "Pause Event in Dispatch Thread" error I was having, but now I seem to be logging in after every command. Lots of PW Hash mismatches from GM scripts:

Password hash mismatch
    Path: "/inv_use.php?pwd==3&whichitem=4502&ajax=1&_=1320353 617054"
    Validating login server (www.kingdomofloathing.com)...
    926 players online.
    Sending login request...
    Synchronizing moon data...
    Requests complete.

926 players online.
    Sending login request...
    Requests complete.

You have the maximum number of AT buffs already.
    You acquire an effect: Donho's Bubbly Ballad (duration: 60 Adventures)
    925 players online.
    Sending login request...
    Requests complete.

925 players online.
    Sending login request...
    Requests complete.

I'm not sure how much of this is from upgrading to java 7 or other changes made to mafia code, but I'm seeing a LOT of slowdowns and stalls in mafia now. During any action, really, but automating turns makes it stand out the most since it's constant. It can take mafia several seconds to respond to actions, like clicking a tab in the GUI, or typing in chat, when I'm automating turns. My processor load never exceeds 30%, and I've plenty of memory left. But even regular actions have problems. Even before switching to j7 I was seeing similar issues when eating and drinking (program suddenly stops responding for a second or two, then suddenly the action finishes all at once). It just seems to have gotten a lot worse since I upgraded to j7 yesterday.

I've also done several macro'd combats by adventuring in the relay browser, and tabbed over to mafia to see that it still hadn't processed the results of the fight, and have to wait a little bit before it unsticks and displays the results.