bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Teel

I'm not sure how to report this one, but for several runs I have encountered the script clearing the entire tavern basement and then giving me the error that it cannot find the faucet.

Code:
Unable to find faucet.

It seems to be that when this happens, to turn off the facet I have a (fight). In other words, if I use the relay browser and manually click the faucet it gives me a choice adv to turn it off (and it states fight) or leave it alone. If I turn it off I have to fight a final rat.

slyz

Developer
It seems to be that when this happens, to turn off the facet I have a (fight). In other words, if I use the relay browser and manually click the faucet it gives me a choice adv to turn it off (and it states fight) or leave it alone. If I turn it off I have to fight a final rat.
I really didn't understand that part. what is a "(fight)", and do you stop the script before clicking things in the Relay Browser ?

Teel

No, the actual choice option "Turn off Faucet" causes me to fight a rat and mafia indicates that I will have to fight.

Ferdawoon

I see it too, but the scrit dont stop there for me.

When the script have completed with the Faucet, it say "Could not find the faucet" when really it have.

The rat you encouter, are you sure it is not just when you try to squeeze one last rat out of it? Because clicking the faucet, you can keep killing rats as much as you want afaik.

Teel

It may be that it has already found it, perhaps that why it makes me fight again. It does open each space in the basement though of the tavern. Perhaps it just isn't speaking to Bart and finishing the quest even if it has turned off the faucet?

Winterbay

It may be that it has already found it, perhaps that why it makes me fight again. It does open each space in the basement though of the tavern. Perhaps it just isn't speaking to Bart and finishing the quest even if it has turned off the faucet?

It has found it and turned it off. You don't need to click again (and get a fight), you just need to visit Bart Ender in order to get your reward. I think BCC reported this as a Mafia bug recently (the script uses Mafia's own tavern solver), the fact that it doesn't stop after it has found the faucet. I've my "tiny mansion"-choice adventure set to "show in browser" in order to stop when we get that far.

Teel

Ahh, excellent suggestion. I will set the option for the tiny mansion to show. Thanks Winterbay for the tip and of course BCC for the script that helps me through school. :)

stannius

I filed a feature request to only get the larva in the spooky forest the first time through. If you want to get the script to reliable 4 days I think that is going to be a requirement.

Winterbay

Isn't that a required quest? Can you just pass it over?

Edit: Never mind. Read the request and misunderstood your statement :)

Last edited:
Awesome script...I just finished a 5/1055 HCNP AT (my first 5 dayer HC run)! :D

I did day 1 myself and I did a few other areas on my own, otherwise I used the script at least 90% of the turns for days 2-5.

Nexorian

I keep getting this error:

Conditions list cleared.
[none] has no matches.
[none] has no matches.
[none] has no matches.

I think if I see it one more time I'm gonna need a psychiatrist.

mredge73

I thought that I would share this.

I just finished my Oxy Hardcore run with a DB exclusively running this script. It took 39 days total, 1615 turns.
It was also a 100% run (Autonomous Disco Ball) so no spleen familiar.
This isn't that bad considering that it is my faster than my other oxy runs and has the shortest turn count of all my ascensions.
(I am obviously not a speed runner)

A few hiccups:
Post #1199
It did not fight the Goblin king for some reason, I had to do it manually to get the lair quest.
It got all of my NS items with the exception of the lowercase N and the ruby W (I have a full telescope).
I had to stop the script and manually farm them because for some reason the script started looking for all of my items for the NS.
(It started to adv at the border for my gate 1 item but I already fought the familiars at the top)

Comment:
It doesn't really need to go through the effort to get the spleen of steel on an Oxy run.
Especially when you do not have a spleen familiar available.

Last edited:

Drkirre

BCC, you are made of all that is awesome, planted atop the twin silken-soft cheeks of success. Just thought you should know that.

Mifuyu Kisaragi

I keep getting this error on basicly everything past .25
Bad item value: "Massive Manual of Marauder Mockery" (bumcheekascend v0.27.ash, line 3929)
is there anyway to fix it? Thanks in advance.