Nemesis quest script

T_E

I ended up resetting zlib nemesis_farm_familiar = hound manually. No idea why it was set to none but this fixed it. Thanks for the response, and for this script. =)

slyz

Developer
It was a slight logic error in the code. The default nemesis_farm_familiar setting is "none", and the script printed an error if nemesis_farm_familiar wasn't an empty string and to_familiar(nemesis_farm_familiar) was $familiar[none].

Of course, "none" isn't an empty string, and to_familiar("none") is $familiar[none]. Instead of carrying on with the familiar you started with, the script thought you had entered a familiar name that Mafia didn't understand.

I changed it locally to account for this, and to print clearer error messages.

T_E

I seem curiously adept at breaking this script- I'm sorry. =(

I'm getting this error:

Somehow, the Volcano Island is not accessible!
Problem occured while opening the Nemesis Lair, exiting...

I tried the condition clear command and it did not solve the issue.

slyz

Developer
Did it open the island beforehand? Is the island really unavailable?

Type "set nemesis_Step = 2" in the gCLI and try again.

slyz

Developer
I still wonder why the script thought it was on step 3... What happened before you got the error? Do you have any gCLI output?

Winterbay

An interesting error occurred today when i ran it with my AT after beating the NS. I had already acquired the LEW myself.

Code:
> call scripts\nemesis.ash

Internal checkpoint created.
nemesis_Step => 0
nemesis_lastReset => 62
LEW already obtained
nemesis_Step => 1
Nemesis Cave already unlocked
opening Nemesis Cave doors...

Offering dirty hobo gloves to door 1
Door n°1 opened.
Verifying ingredients for insanely spicy jumping bean burrito (1)...
Verifying ingredients for spicy jumping bean burrito (1)...
Pulling items from storage...
Creating spicy jumping bean burrito (1)...
You acquire an item: spicy jumping bean burrito
Successfully created spicy jumping bean burrito (1)
Creating insanely spicy jumping bean burrito (1)...
You acquire an item: insanely spicy jumping bean burrito
Successfully created insanely spicy jumping bean burrito (1)

Offering insanely spicy jumping bean burrito to door 2
Door n°2 opened.
Casting The Polka of Plenty 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Polka of Plenty (duration: 15 Adventures)
The Polka of Plenty was successfully cast.
You need to get buffed with Polka of Plenty to open door n°3.
Problem occured while doing the Nemesis Cave, exiting...
Restoring initial settings...
CCS set to DB meat farm

So, it cast polka, which worked fine and then stopped since... I don't know. Restarting the script worked fine.

slyz

Developer
I was using the return value of use_skill() to check if Polka had been cast correctly, but maybe it wasn't a great idea. I don't have Polka permed, so I always use a buffbot and can't test the change I made.

I had a couple of other tweaks in my copy:
- added another visit to the guild NPC before adventuring in the Fun House.
- try to run +NC in the poop deck.
- simplified the Rave Combo identification, since Mafia now automatically identifies the last combo.
- start using Rave Steal as soon as the combo is learned, instead of starting to use it in the next combat.
- change the dummy first action in macros to pickpocket instead of attack.

Last edited:

Numenor

For some reason I keep getting this when trying to do the SC nemesis quest:

> call scripts/nemesis.ash

Internal checkpoint created.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
CCS set to Bashing Slam Smash
TO DO
Problem occured while opening the Nemesis Lair, exiting...
CCS set to Bashing Slam Smash
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.

And then it just stops. I've got the latest version of zlib/nemesis scripts and build 9015 of mafia.

Winterbay

I think that may be because the script is currently only fully functional for DB, AT, S, PM and TT. AT least those are the only classes mentioned in the changelog :)

Theraze

Congrats on being the one class not implemented yet, I suppose? :D

What does slyz need to try to get SC bits in? :)

slyz

Developer
Like with all general-purpose scripts that deal with combat, I have to think of all the corner cases ^^
I wanted to steal code from slime.ash, as use the code provided by Mr Purple.

I think Mr Purple's idea was good: calculate what level mother hellseals you can easily kill, hurt enough pups, and simply runaway from them after that. I thought about buying the LTS suit if needed, but I won't. The goal is not to start mother-levelling, it's just to be done with the quest.

jwylot

I have something similar on my SC character who never visits the guild during a run so the funhouse is unavailable. I find that the script works fine after talking to the guild guy and unlocking the funhouse.

slyz

Developer
The script should visit your class NPC twice: once before making sure you have the EW, and once before going to the Fun House. The second visit should be enough, but I guess I should make sure the Fun House is available and visit the guild NPC until it is.

I will also make sure you have passed the first guild test too.

The wiki doesn't have all the text I need to definitively know where the player currently stands by parsing the guild NPC response.

kain

two things.
1. What kind of text do you need acquired for you
2. Apparently there's some sort of slime convention grab bag you can get after you achieve slimeform by visiting the convention hall again. I keep forgetting to stop the script and figure out what url to visit to get it, but if someone else has added it in already, that'd be cool.

slyz

Developer
I ended up using the Mafia "guild" command. And it got fixed two days after I included it in my local copy =)

For the grab bag, I was wondering if I should add that because the only way to check if you already obtained it is to his the Hall anyway, and it's not essential to the actual quest. I'll add it since I keep forgetting about it myself, though.

Winterbay

Since this is done in aftercore (mainly) where turncoutn isn't very important would it be possible to have the scritp go through the rest of teh barracks when it is done in order to get those nice items that sell for quite a lot of meat (some of them at least)?

slyz

Developer
Grabbing the convention bag doesn't take a turn (or does it?), but going through all of the barrack locations would take quite a few extra advs. I'm not saying this script is optimal, but it tries. The main goal is to get the nemesis quest done.

I will take the AT code and modify it to make a script that will grab the items. You can run it yourself after killing the nemesis if you want.

slyz

Developer
Here is a script that will visit the Barracks until all the rooms that could contain items have been visited. This is untested.

Attachments

• barrack_items.ash
    11 KB · Views: 39