autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Banana Lord

I had to use every single "acquire and use" (as opposed to acquire and eat/chew/drink) in the standard mafia interface that didn't cost over 100K >_< I don't know if there was a better way, at the time I just didn't care! :p I stayed away from consumables, I agree entirely with you there. Maybe some people would like it, but it wouldn't be a biggie for me.

Rinn

Developer
I believe mafia is smart enough to acquire and equip a cummerbund when using an aria, however the script calculates the cost effectiveness of a potion, and doesn't use the potion if that value is below .25 (hard coded in the increase_stat function). The cost effective value is calculated on the total stat increase divided by the cost times the duration. How effective a potion is depends on how high your stats already are, I wrote it this way because I assumed people would rather have manual control over these potions as opposed to hemorrhaging meat.

Basically you're trying to do the basement at a mainstat that requires a ton of really expensive potions to get through. Personally I would say just level a little more before you run the script at deeper floors.

Bale

Minion
Considering that you X-posted that problem HERE you already know it has nothing to do with this script, right? This script will work fine as soon as mafia re-learns how to mix potions.

Raven434

Actually - I did find a fix in the interim. And that is what I mean to post into it except that "spouse aggro" got in the way.

:(

If you install the new stove, things will resume working and the script sails along its merry way.

JohnnyRamrod

I know someone posted this a few pages back, but i couldn't solve the problem so I'm asking anyway... I am also getting the error with the JuJu mask. If i move it somewhere like my closet it pulls it out. if i move it to my display case it says I don't have the item I am trying to equip. I thought if i saved outfit name as Muscle it would not try and cache it, but it still is, and so it fails. What am i doing wrong here? how can i stop it from trying to equip the juju when i have the v mask on?

JohnnyRamrod

yeh i saw the fix, but running that didn't fix it for me. i'll need to go back over the other related posts, but i didn't post until i tried that and it didn't fix it... at least, it didn't for me...

EDIT: Oh, that command related to a different version. I downloaded it. Now a have a new problem. I initially set a break in the old script version at basement level 100. This new script I left at 500. I'm on level 204 at the moment. When I run the script it says:

Current basement level (204) >= autoBasement_break_on_floor (100), quitting

This must be being cached somewhere, as the script has a setvar in there, and is at 500, yet it still is breaking for 100 for some reason. I tried typing set autoBasement_break_on_floor = 500 thinking that might work, but if i re-run the script I still get the same response. Why is it being over-written with a value of 100, and how do i change it if i can't do it within the script, nor at the command line? Confused...

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
zlib autoBasement_break_on_floor = 500 (since it's a zlib variable and not a mafia preference, if I'm wrong about the exact format then reading through a little of the thread should turn up the right format)

The setvar command only does something if the variable isn't already set.

coolbartek

I started using this script a couple days ago, but sometimes i get this error, with these commands:
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => -0.05
Validating adventure sequence...
No location selected.
mpAutoRecoveryTarget => 0.3
I havent found any answers in this thread so I would be happy if someone could help me. Another thing is that i would like to fight the combats with a certain gear. How can i do that? Is there a command that enables me to use a certain outfit?

JohnnyRamrod

zlib autoBasement_break_on_floor = 500 (since it's a zlib variable and not a mafia preference, if I'm wrong about the exact format then reading through a little of the thread should turn up the right format)

The setvar command only does something if the variable isn't already set.

Oh hey. That's it! Thank you.

tragus

It may be a Mafia-central bug, but one cannot equip both a Juju Mask and V for Vivala mask (re: Maximize Muscle). Clearly, this causes failure with the current autoBasement. Workaround: Put one in closet.

Camber

From the wiki page for the Juju Mojo Mask:

This item cannot be equipped at the same time as the V for Vivala mask. Trying to do so yields this message:
You can't equip a Juju Mojo Mask because you're already wearing a V for Vivala mask.

tragus

From the wiki page for the Juju Mojo Mask:

This item cannot be equipped at the same time as the V for Vivala mask. Trying to do so yields this message:
You can't equip a Juju Mojo Mask because you're already wearing a V for Vivala mask.

Right, but Mafia nonetheless uses both in the solution to "Modifier Maximizer" when set to Muscle, apparently causing the autoBasement script (which auto-uses the auto-maximizer function) to fail. Hence, I report this as a bug. I apologize for not being clearer previously.

Theraze

Yeah... but it's a KoLmafia bug with them not being unique wear between the two... it's not a problem with the script itself. :) As such, it should be posted on the bug report board, not here...

caphector

I've been running this script and it's brilliant, except that on the Throwin' Down the Gauntlet test it tries to maximize muscle and can't get maximized enough, then stops. I can manually run these tests by maximizing my DA, so it's just a bit of a pain to have the script stop every so often.

Winterbay

Type "zlib autoBasement_combat_stat = Mysticality" in the CLI and it should try to maximize your myst when entering battles.

Rinn

Developer
Set "autoBasement_combat_equipment" to the equipment you want to equip in combats, separated by commas.