Make.meat.fast

Bale

Minion
So, until this issue gets fixed, where do you put the wait(5); statement, exactly? I'm rather script illiterate. :(
A better solution is just to remove all those excessive print statements. I find them quite annoying and commented them out long ago. I also added a little bit of extra information about all the zones that aren't the best.

Here's the version I'm using which does not have the problem. Same password as dj_d uses.

Last edited:
I've got a dump for you, Jason, but I can't seem to attach it. It's a little less than 13 MB zipped, well below the size limit for .zips. I could try email if you'd be okay PM'ing me an address.

The error I'm getting when I try to attach is

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I've tried several times.

Sputnik1

Bale is officially the greatest, I was previously having the same problem as the others, it would freeze about the time it was checking the 8 Bit Realm, eliminating all the extra info that's printed solved the problem, though for me its just doing what I would normally be doing; farming the ducks and then off to the castle

Thanks dj_d for a great script and Bale for making it work for our crappy machines

Last edited:

dj_d

Great. JH, thanks for looking in to this. Chish, there's a reason for it - search this thread for canadv for details. Sputnik, that's true at the moment; the cool thing about farm.ash is that when things spike in prices - like enchanted beans when the new epic quest came out - it will modify your routine to maximize meat!

Chish

the script caused Mafia to hang for me; using Bale's modified version worked fine. Thanks!

An interesting script; I have not used it enough yet to want to comment on its quality, but it at first glance it appears ground-breaking!

Does the script know not to bother boosting item-drops past 100%? (i.e., will it equip just enough items to raise item drops to 100% and then use leftover equipment slots to equip items that increase meat drops?) Also, will it do this in the most efficient way? (i.e., will it boost meat drop as much as possible while keeping item drops at 100%?)

tgetgel

Does the script know not to bother boosting item-drops past 100%? (i.e., will it equip just enough items to raise item drops to 100% and then use leftover equipment slots to equip items that increase meat drops?)
Why would you want to limit the item drop to 100%?

jasonharper

Developer
Well, I see what the problem is... aqualectrix's heap dump contained over 38 THOUSAND lines of text queued up for display in the gCLI. The script was generating output faster than it could be dealt with, and there is currently no bound (other than available memory) for how many actions can be in the event queue, nor any easy way to enforce such a bound. I'll see what I can do...

Yes, I realize the deadline for NaNoWriMo is fast approaching, but only 50,000 words are needed for that - and I don't think scripts are eligible to enter, anyway.

Sputnik1

hey I wonder how well this is going to work for Crimbo? Now that I think about it, doesnt Mafia limit how people can adventure in Crimbo areas?

Bale

Minion
Nope. All mafia does is nothing. The zone won't be added until January. You're welcome to adventure manually in the relay browser without Mafia restricting you at all. In previous years, Mafia even updated the items information. I guess you might consider the lack of help to be a restriction though...

dj_d

It depends on the event - sometimes Mafia will add support fairly quickly (or the event won't require recoding, even) - but Crimbo's a b*tch on the kol servers so the mafia powers that be have wisely decided to avoid exacerbating the situation and don't add crimbo content until (helpfully) after crimbo. :)