What editor do you use?

Bale

Minion
I have been using EditPad Pro for my editor. I was wondering what do most people use when they outgrow notepad.

Fe

Notepad++

It's free and very helpful. I'm attaching my customizations for context highlighting of ASH in case you want to try it.

Last edited:

Camber

mredge73: On Windows XP, Just unzip the file and copy it to C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\Notepad++\

Bale

Minion
Notepad++

It's free and very helpful. I'm attaching my customizations for context highlighting of ASH in case you want to try it.

Here's a much more recent version of my customization file. There have been many functions added since then. (Plus I figured out how to fix a few highlighting inaccuracies.)

Attachments

• userDefineLang.zip
    2 KB · Views: 76

tgetgel

Just started using Visual Studio 2008 Express, but have not yet figured out how to configure it to recognize and do syntax highlighting for ash scripts.

Bale

Minion
Here's a much more recent version of my customization file. There have been many functions added since then. (Plus I figured out how to fix a few highlighting inaccuracies.)

That ancient file doesn't even work with the current version of Notepad++. I'm attaching my current version of syntax highlighting.

From the language definition panel, click "Import" and select the file you extract from the attached zip file.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
They did? I thought it was having trouble with that. I'll remove the complicated instructions from my previous post.

Razorsoup

Thanks for the updated language def file Bale. Comparing to mine I was missing a lot of the keywords your file had but I have a few defined that you are missing. So in case the differences are important, here's what I noticed.

For Keyword group #1 I also have the following defined:
Code:
$coinmaster $coinmasters $float $int $phyla $string $thrall $thralls

For Keyword group #2 I also have the following defined:
Code:
bounties bounty bountys coinmaster thrall

For Keyword group #3 I also have the following defined:
Code:
import notify script sort to

For Keyword group #4 I also have the following defined:
Code:
florist_available get_moods

I'm pretty sure I probably copied these from another language def file at some point so I'm not sure how accurate those are but wanted to share just in case. For the operators, I have a lot that were copied from the Operators wiki page that you don't have but since neither of us have operators styled differently than the default style, I don't think that's too important.

On a mostly unrelated note, what font does everyone use for coding? Personally, I tend to alternate between Consolas or Anonymous Pro.

Bale

Minion
Thanks for the updated language def file Bale. Comparing to mine I was missing a lot of the keywords your file had but I have a few defined that you are missing. So in case the differences are important, here's what I noticed.

Huh. ASH actually allows both phyla and phylums. I had to test that to believe it. I also tested $boolean[false] and it didn't throw an exception although I think that is ridiculous to ever use.

I could not verify bounties or bountys as data types, however $bounty, $bountys and $bounties do belong in group #1.

I've incorporated everything I could verify. Thanks so much for the assistance at refining this. Here's my improved language definition.

Attachments

• KOL Mafia ASH.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 55