Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I expect 1.4.1 to be my last update. My time to support it is diminishing and there are other ways I would like to spend my limited time supporting KoLmafia and the scripting community. I don't think it takes anything away from Ascend to suggest that bumcheekcend is a viable, and perhaps better, alternative. If there are any Ascend users still out there I will still try and help if contacted via PM but I am no longer trying to keep Ascend "up to date" or even improve it.

Raven434

Thanks Fronobulax and everyone else. You guys certainly stepped up when the entire porch was on fire with "burning bags".

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Necrothread.

I asked dj_d via email about releasing the scripts.

His response
I think it's time for the code to be free. :) Thanks for asking, go ahead and let 'er rip.

Attached is a non-password protected version of the last update from the first post. Enjoy. Ascend has been overtaken by BCCAscend, Theraze has taken over EatDrink. I know there are folks interested in Farm.

I am not releasing the password just in case it is in use elsewhere, but if there is something of interest locked in an older, protected version of the file, ask and it will be opened.

I'll be AFK for a few days so might not respond in a timely fashion.

Attachments

• 2012_03_17.zip
    103.5 KB · Views: 331

Winterbay

Hmmm... Maybe I should take official maintenance of farm then... Or at least post my changes in that thread.

Theraze

If it reduces server hits, I'd say to go for it. Anything to make TPTB happier and things running a bit more efficiently. :)

kain

Hmmm... Maybe I should take official maintenance of farm then... Or at least post my changes in that thread.

I have some code I've tweaked my version of farm.ash with beyond what you and I last shared. Holler if you'd like it. I can't remember what I "optimized" but it made a decent difference. Ninja snowmen, maybe, or something to do with pirates? You could probably run a diff or comparison on the files and see.

obstreperous

I'm running this script (any script) for the first time, and I get the following error:

Bad location value: "library" (Ascend.ash, line 731)

Sorry if this is a basic question.

Last edited:

Theraze

Since it was mentioned... there are several places in these scripts where old lines make them not work properly. Keep in mind that the new Giant's Castle solver is terrible, only trying to burn turns until the automatic "wow, you're still here?" checker kicks you up to the next floor.

Anyways, these 5 were the (non-farm) files that got updated. YMMV. Use BCA instead of this if you want to ascend, but... hey, at least they validate now. :)

Attachments

• Ascend.ash
    51.1 KB · Views: 94
  • macguffin.ash
    17.9 KB · Views: 101
  • LevelUp.ash
    11.8 KB · Views: 90
  • BuyCrap.ash
    2.4 KB · Views: 87
  • dailygrind.ash
    2.1 KB · Views: 84