OCD Inventory control

Ok... I messed up my script somehow :( I figured out how to rename scripts to I could add numbers to the beginning of the name and have them in an order I like. Everything was fine until I went to change some things in the relay browser and the page comes up blank. The drop-down is fine but as soon as I try to go into the OCD the middle of the screen where the text should be goes blank. All the other scripts show up just fine and the script still works, but I can't add or change any of the data now.

How can I fix this and is there a way I can organize/re-name my my script list in Mafia so I can find the most used ones easier?

This is what it says when I try to access the drop-down in the relay browser: OCD Inventory Control could not be found (relay_OCD_dB_Manager.ash, line 3)
That is what comes up in the GCLI.

You use it for aftercore stocking? Interesting!

You're also the first person to say that you actually use that feature. I'm glad to hear that someone uses it.

I did use your script for that, but then I started to get more into speed ascensions and started buying my key lime pies, wrecked generators and clockwork maids 100 or 1,000 at a time. If it weren't for that I would definitely still use that part of the script!

Last edited:
One more thing, is there an easier way to set it up to DC a certain type of item at the end of every run? The thing I'm wanting to toss is the avatar changing potions. I just want to auto-sell or mall them all but wanted to make sure there wasn't an easier way to do it besides just going to the wiki, copying the list and then going through the relay list and doing them all one at a time.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have a text file that has what I consider in my normal inventory and a script that moves everything that is not normally in inventory into my DC (until such a time as I pull it out and let OCD have at it). Its predecessor just read a text file and moved what was in the file to the DC. They are fairly trivial but it seems like a text file with all of the possible items and a script that does the same action to each of them would be an obvious variation of mine. PM me.

Bale

Minion
Okay, I'm definitely not removing the stocking portion of the script. It seems that there is a valid use for things that are cheaper to paste yourself, there are things you may want it to keep in stock during aftercore and finally (though unmentioned here) it will override the disposal portion of the script to keep it from selling off stuff that you want to stock.

I really appreciate everyone's responses. I did learn a few things.

I have a text file that has what I consider in my normal inventory and a script that moves everything that is not normally in inventory into my DC (until such a time as I pull it out and let OCD have at it). Its predecessor just read a text file and moved what was in the file to the DC. They are fairly trivial but it seems like a text file with all of the possible items and a script that does the same action to each of them would be an obvious variation of mine. PM me.

You are thinking of someone else's script. My predecessor to this script did not do that; it did the reverse and it only handled malling, not DC-ing.

One more thing, is there an easier way to set it up to DC a certain type of item at the end of every run? The thing I'm wanting to toss is the avatar changing potions. I just want to auto-sell or mall them all but wanted to make sure there wasn't an easier way to do it besides just going to the wiki, copying the list and then going through the relay list and doing them all one at a time.

When I want to do that I actually write a little mini-script that reads in the datafile and does a "for item_number from x to y" over the range of those items to set them en-mass. If you aren't comfortable with that, then you're best off doing them all one at a time.

In case it's just the name that needs to be fixed, what is the exact name of the script in the scripts folder?

OCD Inventory Control.ash

That's true...having it stocked when you want is handy...I've thought about using it to stock up on lassos and cow bells before I start the next ascension, but haven't set that up yet.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
You are thinking of someone else's script. My predecessor to this script did not do that; it did the reverse and it only handled malling, not DC-ing.

That's right. They are my unpublished scripts and I mentioned them just because sometimes I'm just not OCD enough. If there is interest they could be published.

Bale, since today script goes wild again. I mean, with closet. It pulled out everything of it today, as most of things was marked as "for mall" (and it was the reason why I put them in closet first time). :( Something changed?

Bale

Minion
Nope. Nothing changed in OCD. The last program update I made was on September 30.

Maybe if you provided more specific information we could figure out what happened. Did you change your autoSatisfyWithCloset setting in mafia? Please copy/paste the example of your problem here.

Hmm, seems, it was strange Mafia bug. It was standard messages "autoSatisfyWithCloset => false", "autoSatisfyWithCloset => true" in the beginning and the end of OCD work, but still it pulled out of everything. It was r13123. Today I installed r13145, and everything works again. And when I ran r13123 afterwards, it works too. Weird. Sorry for wrong report then.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I love it when people say that it is a "strange Mafia bug".
You know - when there is no evidence of there being a "Mafia bug" at all.
Especially when they provide no reproducible case of KolMafia doing anything wrong.

You provide a definitive example of doing something that you (reasonably) think is not what it is documented to do, and THEN, we will talk about a "KoLmafia bug". Until you manage to do that, it is User Error.

Not to say that User Error cannot turn into KoLmafia Bug, but after I have spend X amount of futile wasted time and have discovered nothing that I can definitively characterize as KoLmafia Bug, I shrug, and assume it is User Error.

I have no opinion about whether this is User Error, Script Error, or KoLmafia Bug, but until and unless you can make a much stronger case that it is the latter, you are just making me angry by claiming that this is a "KoLmafia Bug".

Prove it, or shut the f*** up.

Fewyn: I'd like to request a new Bug category. I currently use Bug: Not Reproducible - or, perhaps, Bug: Not a Bug, when what I'd really like is Bug: User Error. Sheesh.

Last edited:
You provide a definitive example of doing something that you (reasonably) think is not what it is documented to do, and THEN, we will talk about a "KoLmafia bug". Until you manage to do that, it is User Error.
1. Oh, well, Veracity, I do the same that I am doing every day: select "OCD Inventory control" through Mafia "Scripts" menu. I do nothing else unusual. I don't tamper with configs, don't change any files, and don't try some weird scenarios as "run 5 mafias from one account", "stop network while Mafia executing" or something like that. I see the error, described above. So for me it's quite transparent that either it's OCD, or Mafia itself. Ok, being more general, it can be also Java (hmm, worth to check, actually) or Windows. Or maybe faulty machine behavior in general. But I cannot see where is "User error" fit in it. If you are not counting all errors outside Mafia as "User errors" of course. But I will leave it to you.
I have no opinion about whether this is User Error, Script Error, or KoLmafia Bug, but until and unless you can make a much stronger case that it is the latter, you are just making me angry by claiming that this is a "KoLmafia Bug".

Prove it, or shut the f*** up.
2. Did I asked here for checking? For fixing? For your time in general in that case? No. When I see something that looks like definite bug for me, and I can reproduce it more than once (last "twiddle thumbs" is the example of it), I am filing bug report and honestly trying to help you eliminate it. When I see something that I don't expect to see, but I cannot reproduce it, I name it "weird XXX bug" (where XXX is the application that I am working at moment) and leave it be. You don't like it? Ok, I will stop to use this expression on Mafia forums. But I see no reason to be so upset about it. Sorry, if I offended you.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
\When I see something that looks like definite bug for me, and I can reproduce it more than once (last "twiddle thumbs" is the example of it), I am filing bug report and honestly trying to help you eliminate it.
Outstanding! Provide the information that I requested that I REQUIRE to be able to solve your problem - a DEBUG log - and I will be happy to fix your issue.

Until and unless you can provide that, your "Bug Report" is an "anecdote".

Similarly, here. You see a "strange KoLmafia bug". Fine. Provide session logs, DEBUG logs, whatever, showing that it is KoLmafia - as opposed to a script error or a user error - doing something you don't expect.

In this case, you are running a script which does not, as far I understand, do anything whatsoever to manipulate the closet. Perhaps there is a script error, and it is IS asking that things be pulled from the closet. But when you say there is a "strange KoLmafia error", you are implying that it is KoLmafia itself which is spontaneously deciding to pull things from the closet.

Unless you can back up that claim, somehow, I call bullshit.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
One additional comment.

KoLmafia does have bugs. But if you are running a script and it is not behaving as expected, the FIRST assumption is that the script is buggy. Therefore, you work with the script author - Bale, in this case - to figure that out. It has frequently turned out that Bale (or other Script authors) will identify something in KoLmafia that is not behaving as they expect, and they write a bug report. In response, we either fix the bug or correct their expectations - and they modify the script.

My fault, I guess, for reading and responding to this thread. I should have just let you interact with Bale to try to work out the issue - and if it did turn out to be a "strange KoLmafia error" which affects you and nobody else, so be it. But if it was a script error, Bale would fix it, and if it really was a KoLmafia error, Bale would narrow it down and submit a bug report.

Clearly I need to stop reading threads about user scripts - and stop reacting when people blithely talk about "KoLmafia errors" which are making the scripts not behave the way they expect them to. Just let the script authors do the legwork to figure out things like that.

Mea Culpa.

Bale

Minion
In this case, you are running a script which does not, as far I understand, do anything whatsoever to manipulate the closet.

Actually, it uses retrieve_item() to get items unequipped from familiars or acquire items if they are on the stock list so it is possible it will do something to the closet although I believe I take appropriate action to keep that from happening through the use of set_property() and a try-finally block. It tries not to manipulate the closet.

Until and unless you can provide that, your "Bug Report" is an "anecdote".

That is pretty much what he just admitted in the post to which you were responding.

My fault, I guess, for reading and responding to this thread. I should have just let you interact with Bale to try to work out the issue - and if it did turn out to be a "strange KoLmafia error" which affects you and nobody else, so be it. But if it was a script error, Bale would fix it, and if it really was a KoLmafia error, Bale would narrow it down and submit a bug report.

That is the way it often works since users frequently get overly worked up or confused.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, yeah. But for you - and zarqon and Winterbay and other script authors that I respect - if I read something in your script threads that really does seem to be a KoLmafia bug, I often preemptively fix it.

I just need to stop reponding to users that call "KoLmafia bug!" when I don't see any evidence of something that I need to fix - at least, without a lot more information.

Bale

Minion
Exactly. It's cool to fix something when you see a bug. If you don't see a bug there's no reason to waste your time since it's just chatter on the internet. Slightly more than half the time that I type a few paragraphs of response, I simply close the tab instead of posting it. It's really easy to overreact on the internet.

ereinion

The last couple of days I have gotten the following results when running the script. Have you got any idea what's causing that out of range message? Oh, and another question which doesn't really have anything to do with this script, but why doesn't mafia recognize that I've received a penpal letter before I refresh my inventory? I thought that item was received at rollover, so it should be discovered when I log into the game?

Code:
    [COLOR=olive]> call scripts\OCD Inventory Control.ash[/COLOR]

autoSatisfyWithCloset      => false
[COLOR=red]You cannot transform a sewer nuggets into      a sewer wad. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting      ability.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]You cannot transform a twinkly      nuggets into a twinkly wad. There's a problem with your data file or your      crafting ability.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]You cannot transform a      twinkly powder into a twinkly nugget. There's a problem with your data      file or your crafting ability.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]transform 6      Rad Lib into papier-mâché glob[/COLOR]

Verifying      ingredients for papier-mâché glob (6)...
Searching for "soda      water"...
Search complete.
Putting on Travoltan trousers...
Equipment      changed.
Purchasing soda water (6 @ 66)...
You acquire soda water (6)
You      spent 396 Meat
Purchases complete.
Creating papier-mâché glob (6)...
You      acquire papier-mâché glob (6)
Successfully created      papier-mâché glob (6)
Putting on plexiglass pants...
Equipment      changed.
[COLOR=red]You cannot transform a sewer nuggets into a      sewer wad. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting ability.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]You      cannot transform a twinkly nuggets into a twinkly wad. There's a problem      with your data file or your crafting ability.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]You      cannot transform a twinkly powder into a twinkly nugget. There's a problem      with your data file or your crafting ability.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]use      2 CSA discount card, 7 d6, 1 sack lunch[/COLOR]

Using 2 CSA discount      card...
You gain 600 Meat
Finished using 2 CSA discount card.
Using      7 d6...
You acquire generic mana potion (16)
Finished using 7 d6.
Using      1 sack lunch...
You acquire an item: cherry pie
Finished using 1      sack lunch.
[COLOR=red]You cannot transform a sewer nuggets into      a sewer wad. There's a problem with your data file or your crafting      ability.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]You cannot transform a twinkly      nuggets into a twinkly wad. There's a problem with your data file or your      crafting ability.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]You cannot transform a      twinkly powder into a twinkly nugget. There's a problem with your data      file or your crafting ability.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]pulverize 1      antique spyglass, 1 haggis socks[/COLOR]

Pulverizing antique      spyglass...
You acquire an item: sleaze cluster
antique spyglass      smashed.
Pulverizing haggis socks...
You acquire an item: twinkly      powder
haggis socks smashed.
[COLOR=red]You cannot transform      a sewer nuggets into a sewer wad. There's a problem with your data file or      your crafting ability.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]You cannot transform a      twinkly nuggets into a twinkly wad. There's a problem with your data file      or your crafting ability.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]You cannot transform      a twinkly powder into a twinkly nugget. There's a problem with your data      file or your crafting ability.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]mallsell 1 bag      of QWOP, 1 blue snowcone, 2 Camp Scout pup tent, 3 carrot nose, 1 cherry      pie, 3 cluster of hops, 1 coconut shell, 3 CSA all-purpose soap, 1 CSA      cheerfulness ration, 3 CSA obedience grenade, 1 CSA scoutmaster's "water"[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Sale      price for this line: 28 939[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]mallsell      8 d10, 14 d12, 12 d20, 6 d4, 4 d8, 5 disassembled clover, 7 Dreadsylvanian      Almanac page, 5 dry noodles, 6 freezer-burned frost-bitten tortellini, 1      ghost thread, 1 grandfather watch[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Sale price      for this line: 402 865[/COLOR]

Searching for "Mark of the      Ghost"...
Search complete.
[COLOR=blue]mallsell 3      handful of barley, 3 handful of crafty noodles, 1 hothammer, 1      indescribably horrible paste, 3 little paper umbrella, 1 magical ice      cubes, 1 magicberry tablets, 1 Mark of the Ghost, 2 marzipan skull, 1 Pack      of Alice's Army Cards, 3 prismatic wad[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Sale      price for this line: 216 746[/COLOR]

Searching for "Thriller      Ice"...
Search complete.
[COLOR=blue]mallsell 1 purple      snowcone, 1 red snowcone, 1 scratch 'n' sniff UPC sticker, 5 scrumptious      reagent, 1 sleaze cluster, 1 soggy used band-aid, 4 spoonful of      Linguine-Os, 3 sugar sheet, 1 Taco Dan's Taco Stand Chillacious Churro, 5      tangled mass of creepy pasta, 1 Thriller Ice[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Sale      price for this line: 226 650[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]mallsell      1 Trivial Avocations Card: What?, 1 Trivial Avocations Card: Where?, 1      Trivial Avocations Card: Who?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Sale price for      this line: 894[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Total mall sale = 876 094[/COLOR]
Transferring      items to store (request 1 of 5)...
Items offered up for sale.
Transferring      items to store (request 2 of 5)...
Transferring      items to store (request 3 of 5)...
Transferring      items to store (request 4 of 5)...
Transferring items to store (request 5 of 5)...
Items offered up for      sale.
[COLOR=blue]autosell 1 bag of GORF, 1 bag of GORP, 2      scratch 'n' sniff dragon sticker, 2 Tasty Fun Good rice candy, 1 water      purification pills, 2 Yummy Tummy bean[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Total      autosale = 277[/COLOR]
574415740235132540157412905 is out of range,      returning 0
Autoselling items to NPCs...
You gain 277 Meat
Items      sold.

[COLOR=green](...)
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=olive]> call scripts\OCD Inventory      Control.ash[/COLOR]

(...)
[COLOR=olive]
Nothing      to do. I foresee no additional meat in your future.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=olive]>      refresh inv[/COLOR]