Feature - Rejected Is Disco Momentum really needed in sidebar?

GValko

I saw that Disco Momentum was added to the sidebar in r13551.

Unlike Soulsauce and Fury, Disco Momentum is only available in combat. You start a combat at level 0, you can build it up to 3 levels, and then it gets wiped immediately once the combat concludes.

So there's now a stat on the sidebar that will essentially only show "0/3" in perpetuity. Do we really need that? I mean, it would be useful to that percentage of players who are constantly checking the main window when using the relay browser or minibrowser in the middle of combat instead of the in-game indicators that are present in their active windows...

Bale

Minion
We don't need it. It's just that the spot has already been reserved for soulsauce and fury. The options are twofold, either put disco momentum in that spot or leave it blank when the character is a disco bandit.

Do you think that blank space is better than momentum, if those are the only options?

Darzil

Developer
I wondered about that myself when adding it. It makes some sense either way I guess, but probably doesn't matter much either way also.

GValko

We don't need it. It's just that the spot has already been reserved for soulsauce and fury. The options are twofold, either put disco momentum in that spot or leave it blank when the character is a disco bandit.

Do you think that blank space is better than momentum, if those are the only options?

Probably. Works just as well for the other 3 classes.

I wondered about that myself when adding it. It makes some sense either way I guess, but probably doesn't matter much either way also.

Part of my concern was that as it was added, it appeared to have missed the fundamental aspect of how Disco Momentum works. I was hoping that the implementation wasn't going to be affected negatively, but I see that's not going to happen.

Theraze

Would it make more sense for that to be raveosity, since that's also a DB-only useful stat?

Darzil

Developer
Would it make more sense for that to be raveosity, since that's also a DB-only useful stat?

I'd say no, because that's of situational relevance only, and certainly not important enough to be up with MP and HP, as Soul and Fury is. It'll appear as normal in the misc list.

I think the only question is whether to remove Disco Momentum or not. I'm happy either way.