New Content - Implemented Order of the Green Thumb: The Florist Friar

Bale

Minion
First of all:

--------------------
6413 Order of the Green Thumb Order Form 975397883 floristform.gif usable t 0
# Order of the Green Thumb Order Form
--------------------

That's the easy part. We also need to check for him at logon. Unfortunately CDM has not added this to the api yet! He needs to get on it.

Also, we need an ash function florist_available()

And a CLI function florist that will plant the many things that the florist can plant.

I'm not sure what to do about keeping track of the various plants at various locations.

I wonder how hard it's going to be to optizmize use of this thing. I suspect it'll be pretty hard since you're likely going to want to plant at the beginning of the day so you'll need to have a good idea of what zones you'll hit and what you need most in each of them.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You can't plant for a zone until you adventure in it, so you can't even simplify things by planting everything at the start of the day. And you can't get the benefit during your first adventure in the zone.

Magus_Prime

Yes. It was useless to me but it counts.

At the end of yesterday I killed the filthworm queen. When I called upon the Order of the Green Thumb, today, it was already populated with the chamber of the filthworm queen. I could plant things there but not adventure.

Theraze

Well, since it appears my_location() is aware of the initial charpane location, we should be good there. :) If set_location() changes that, do people have any way to reset it back to the real location? Does refresh status (or all) bring it back to correct from the simulated change?

Fluxxdog

Code:
> ash my_location()

Returned: Spooky Forest <== Last Adventure before logout
nocombats => false
zone => Woods
parent => Woods
parentdesc => Distant Woods
bounty => triffid bark
queue =>

> ash set_location($location[Dire Warren])

Returned: void

> ash my_location()

Returned: Dire Warren
nocombats => false
zone => Mountain
parent => Mountain
parentdesc => Big Mountains
bounty => none
queue =>

> refresh all

Refreshing session data...
Synchronizing moon data...
Loading character status...
Retrieving character data...
Refreshing closet...
Examining consumables in closet...
Examining equipment in closet...
Examining miscellaneous items in closet...
Updating inventory...
Retrieving quest data...
Retrieving familiar data...
Familiar data retrieved.
Retrieving campground data...
Session data refreshed.

> ash my_location()

Returned: Dire Warren
nocombats => false
zone => Mountain
parent => Mountain
parentdesc => Big Mountains
bounty => none
queue =>
It seems Jick and company have also introduced a mechanic, by the by. The by.

Sleazy Back Alley => Outdoors
Haunted Pantry => Indoors
Outskirts of Cobb's Knob => Outdoors

We've also have Underground and Underwater. Environment? Biome? (Minecraft fans would love this!) The Florist does use the term zone, but it appears he uses it in the same way we use $location, and $location already has a .zone in it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Loading forestvillage.php?action=floristfriar followed by choice.php?option=4&whichchoice=720 brings up a page that shows all seeds that have been planted. Between checking that when logging in and updating it when something is planted, the only thing that appears to require between-session tracking is knowing which seeds are left to plant.

Theraze

Adding that to the login block could cause issues for people whose connection issues cause them to log in during a fight or choice adventure. Has tracking been requested for the API yet?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Adding that to the login block could cause issues for people whose connection issues cause them to log in during a fight or choice adventure. Has tracking been requested for the API yet?

Maybe by someone, but most other requests about that get ignored anyway.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I got one of these yesterday evening, after I'd run my turns. I planted seeds in the area I was in and went back this morning. I was surprised at the result: with Monster Manuel and three plants in the zone, our monster annotations are pretty obtrusive.

I'm not sure, yet, what to suggest for this.

Screen shot 2013-05-03 at 7.52.02 AM.png

xKiv

My first thought was "get wider monitor", but my second thought was "not everybody can afford that" and my third thought was "not every platform can do that".

Maybe mafia's annotations could fit on a row on their own? (but then it would be a "get higher monitor" ...)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm away from home, for three weeks or so. This is my laptop.

"Buy new hardware" is rarely the correct answer, unless you are trying to get Microsoft software to run better. ;)

Fluxxdog

"Buy new hardware" is rarely the correct answer, unless you are trying to get Microsoft software to run better. ;)
And even then...

One thing I am noticing is repetition. 2 listings of HP, ATK, DEF, and phylum. Can checks be put in to prevent those added by mafia if MM is present?

Bale

Minion
2 listings of HP, ATK, DEF, and phylum. Can checks be put in to prevent those added by mafia if MM is present?

Sadly, those are not superfluous. If you are running a macro and it runs more than 1 round, then you'll find mafia's values are currently accurate while Manuel's values are not accurate. The Manuel values are accurate before the second round of combat while mafia values are accurate at the current round. That is an annoying KoL quirk for which I am happy mafia can compensate.

mstieler

How about Mafia "hijacking" Manuel's info panel and updating as Mafia normally does, if the Manuel panel is there?

Winterbay

My guess is the numbers and icons that having Manuel adds to the combat page giving you the KoL-information about a monster in the first place.

mstieler

My guess is the numbers and icons that having Manuel adds to the combat page giving you the KoL-information about a monster in the first place.

This. In Veracity's image from post #12, from left-to-right, you have the monster image, the "You're fighting"+Mafia-added info, Manuel info panel, then plants.

Possibly setting the line of items dropped by the monster to start under the monster image, which seems like it would cause less conflicts if you had both a Manuel and plants, and were hitting up monsters with a large supply of drops (Swarm of Scarab Beatles, Shaky Clown, Island War Hippies & Frats)