KingdomExplorer

Thanks slyz, Theraze. Also, I'd 2nd Crowther's comment about things that are being dun unnecessarily every time the script is run: stat training (Pump Up Moxie, in my case), the Daily Dungeon, using 3 sonar-in-a-biscuits (all the bat caves have already been unlocked, anyway…using more sonar-in-a-biscuit is not going to make the Boss Bat's Lair available again).

But, I don't want to be too critical…my slideshow has been SO less boring with this script, then without it—it's been worth the various nits and picks.

Donavin69

stat training (Pump Up Moxie, in my case), the Daily Dungeon

The newest script has the 'blacklist' capability, just add the zones you don't want to visit into the list:

PHP:
	if (loc == $location[Richard's Hobo Mysticality]) return TRUE;

using 3 sonar-in-a-biscuits (all the bat caves have already been unlocked, anyway…using more sonar-in-a-biscuit is not going to make the Boss Bat's Lair available again).

The Sonar use is part of CanAdv, so I'm not sure what can be done about it, other than maybe eliminate the boss bat lair too?

Theraze

Well, you can... but there's slightly less reason for it. :)

Hopefully if my car starts after work, I should get home in time to stare at CanAdv some more and probably integrate the bathole changes that Bale suggested a while ago before spinning 0.82 out. Hope the smoking stops... :(

Aramada

So, with the new PvP season out and the "Least Boring Slideshow" mini back, this script becomes all sorts of "thank you jesus!!!" relevant again.

This time around though, the time frame is "most zones visited in the last 10 days" (as opposed to the 5 day from last time). The first post in this thread says it was geared toward the 5 day time frame (logically enough)...is there any way I can tell it to be for 10 days instead, or do I just make a note to myself and only run it once every 10 days?

~Aramada

Theraze

Yep. Open it up, find where it says int days = 5; and change that to int days = 10; and you should be set.

Aramada

Sweet! I figured that would be the answer, but just wanted to make sure there wasn't more than one place I should be changing.

Thanks, and happy pvping all!

~Aramada

Aramada

So I feel like I'm doing something wrong with this script (BIG SHOCK, I KNOW), and I'm hoping someone can straighten me out.

When I run it, sometimes it hits a zone with a non-combat choice adventure (like, say Spooky Forest). This stops the script and asks me to manually pick a choice. Once I do, the script is still stopped. The only way I've found to get it started again, is to go up to the Scripts menu and click on the script again...which starts it over from the beginning and it hits the same places over again.

So, I guess my questions are two fold:

1. Is there a way to tell it which choice to pick if it hits a choice adventure so it can just pick it and go on,
or
2. Is there a way to get the script to continue from the point it left off after I manually make the choice?

~Aramada

Winterbay

SUpported choice adventures can be set under the ChoiceAdventure tab in the main Mafia interface, and no you can't get the script to continue from where it broke off.

Aramada

SUpported choice adventures can be set under the ChoiceAdventure tab in the main Mafia interface, and no you can't get the script to continue from where it broke off.

... ... ... It never occurred to me to check the ChoiceAdventure tab while running this script. HOW DID THAT NOT OCCUR TO ME?!

Thank you Winterbay! With some judicious ChoiceAdventuring, I should be able to make it so it never stops.

~Aramada

Aramada

Has this script been updated somewhere in light of the Spookyraven revamps? I just tried to run it and got "Bad location value: "Haunted Wine Cellar (automatic)" (KingdomExplorer.ash, line 21)"

Or is there a new and better script I should be using now for the Slideshow mini?

~Aramada

Crowther

KingdomExplorer largely relies on CanAdv and KoLmafia to figure out what locations are available. Just delete that one line (line 21) and it will work. I don't think CanAdv has the new Spookyraven stuff yet, but KoLmafia certainly does. I'm not aware of a better script for that mini. This is what I use.

Aramada

Thanks Crowther! I'm very, very hesitant to go mucking around in someone else's script, deleteing stuff on my own volition as I'm pretty sure I'll destroy it. But if someone with more experience with such things says deleting that line is not gonna break the world, I will happily follow instructions. I'll run Kingdomexplorer and then make sure I hit the Spookyraven stuff manually.

Danke! PvP mini score above 11, here I come!

~Aramada

Crowther

I can understand your reluctance. Luckily that section of code is pretty simple. It's there to black list certain locations from being adventured in. "Haunted Wine Cellar (automatic)" was never a real place (it was a nice solution to a problem). And since it's no longer on mafia's $locations list there's nothing to blacklist.

This script could really use some updating. It uses mafia's logs to decide where you've already been. That information now can be found at Huggler's Information Booth. I've made a few changes to my copy. I blacklisted a few more locations. I extended the number of days it looks back. I also made it so if I have "Fishy" it only adventures in the sea. Oh and I told can_adv not to use items to unlock locations. That was too expensive for me.

Theraze

KingdomExplorer largely relies on CanAdv and KoLmafia to figure out what locations are available. Just delete that one line (line 21) and it will work. I don't think CanAdv has the new Spookyraven stuff yet, but KoLmafia certainly does. I'm not aware of a better script for that mini. This is what I use.

CanAdv had the Cellar chopped down to one back on 5/16. If it's seeing 5 cellars, either your mafia isn't up to date, you've got some nasty override files, or your script that's calling CanAdv is needing some updates.

Crowther

Okay, I felt like hacking around tonight, so I made KingdomExplorer work off the list at Hugglers.

I blacklisted Dreadsylvanian, because the risk of multi abuse. I blacklisted a few other locations that at one point in the past did not work correctly. I also blacklisted The Prince's Ball, since it doesn't seem to count.

I call can_adv with False instead of True, because it can cost (waste?) a lot of meat. This behavior is different from the original.

It detects a number of KoL vs mafia location name mismatches. Some of those are known and intentional. Some I've been meaning to report.

There's the risk of wasting a few adventures in places that have recently been explored because of mismatches or because places don't count for the mini. I should have time to clean that up this weekend.

EDIT: Oh and if you have fish it only explores the sea.

Attachments

• KingdomExplorer.ash
    2.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Theraze

I highly suggest calling can_adv with the "prep the next adventure there" Boolean set to False if you aren't actually RUNNING adventures immediately. True means that you are wanting to spend your next adventure in that area, if possible, and want the script to use consumables, apply effects, change equipment, shrug effects, or otherwise set you for next adventure status - AKA, mess you up if you're just checking. Don't do that for informational purposes. :)

Crowther

I blacklisted a few more locations where adventures will be spent every time you run the script.

Attachments

• KingdomExplorer.ash
    3.6 KB · Views: 32

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Here's a version which puts the blacklist into a static map, a la the "visited" map it constructs from peevpee.php. It might be a little clearer or more efficient or something.

Edit: also moved "forbidden" check in front of canadv check.

Attachments

• KingdomExplorer.ash
    3.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited: