KingdomExplorer

neminem

Edit: one other thing that I keep having reported is that it is adventuring in zones that don't count. What are these zones?
Richard's Gym, most notably. (That's an answer to both your questions - it doesn't count, and it adventures there every time you run the script.)

edit: any chance of checking for the availability of, and if possible, using, a free source of Fishy, immediately before visiting all the underwater zones?

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That will help people who spend an extending period of time in aftercore - like your non-ascending multi, eh? :)

Theraze

Using Fishy isn't a part of being able to actually adventure. Whether or not you want it is up to you... That seems much deeper into the "stuff that people should handle themselves" than automatically unlocking the guild, which Zarqon requested be removed from canadv defaults...

Bale

Minion
I can imagine why someone wouldn't want to use his "free" source of Fishy in the midst of adventuring when a lot of it will be wasted by going to non-Sea locations. Once per day isn't exactly the same thing as free.

neminem

Using Fishy isn't a part of being able to actually adventure. Whether or not you want it is up to you...
That I agree with completely. Putting it in canadv would be kind of silly, because you might just want to adventure once in a single area. It only makes sense to me that you would want to use it in this case, because you're going to be sequentially adventuring in a bunch of sea areas in a row.
I can imagine why someone wouldn't want to use his "free" source of Fishy in the midst of adventuring when a lot of it will be wasted by going to non-Sea locations. Once per day isn't exactly the same thing as free.
That is also true. I suppose if I were this script writer, I suppose I'd have to make it an option, but I could probably also just figure out how to do it myself for my own personal copy.

Theraze

I'd suggest something like this:
Code:
		else {
			if (loc.zone == "The Sea" && have_effect($effect[fishy]) == 0) CLI_EXECUTE("up fishy");
			vprint( "Trying to adventure in " + loc ,"Blue",5);
replace the CLI up fishy with whatever your favourite fishy method is... up fishy just tries to the mafia's built-in effect extender.

Donavin69

I agree with both Bale and Theraze on this, it isn't a 'prereq' of being able to adv there, and you may or may not be doing a large number of advs in the sea, you may have already hit a lot of the zones just for the other PvP mini.

I think this would be something that you could put in your own copy if you so choose.

Here's a couple more that don't count and should be ignored.

Pump Up Mysticality
Goat Party
Pirate Party
Tavern Cellar
Fernswarthy's Basement

Crowther

I've found a few things that don't appear to be recognized as having been visited. They are visited every day. Try running this script twice in a row to recreate this problem. The second time I went to "Pump Up Mysticality (1 turns)", "The Lower Chambers (Empty/Empty/Ed's Chamber)", "Daily Dungeon (Room 2)", Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 1)", and "Wartime Sonofa Beach". The first four all have extra stuff added by mafia, which I assume is messing up detection from the logs. The last one is different. I've finished the war and this script intended to go to "Post-War Sonofa Beach", so I'm guessing mafia can't tell which place I'm adventuring in.

I really like how short and simple this script is. Thanks.

I hate to be an asshole, but your script kind of fucked up my day by exploring the kegstand adventure in the frat house. Now I've either got to spend several hundred thousand meat on a melange or take the hit and lose all those extra adventures (yes, I know, crafting, cooking, wtf ever). You really, really, REALLY should do something about that, it's not at all something I expected, something that was prompted for me to accept or reject, etc. A simple check to see if there's 3 free drunkenness left, otherwise skip it - and warn/prompt when attempting.

Last edited:

Theraze

There's nothing to be set there... the responsibility for adventures used should really be on the user of the script. Especially since mafia doesn't have a non-combat adventure database yet, so there's nothing that will easily check for results...

Basically, if you don't like someone's script... don't use it. :)

slyz

Developer
The script should simply make sure only $location[ Frat house ] is visited, and skip $location[ Frat House In Disguise ]

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
slyz is correct.

However, if you happen to be wearing a Frat Outfit - including the Frat Warrior Fatigues - when you visit the Frat House, it actually becomes the "in disguise" version.

If you ask to visit the Frat House (In Disguise), KoLmafia will gear up for you.
If you ask the visit the Frat House NOT (In Disguise), perhaps KoLmafia should Gear Down? :)

I had to comment out the line that actually does the adventuring and changed the candav True parameter to false. This essentially neuters the script, making it print out a list of locations you can then visit on your own.

A request/suggestion…before I found this script, I was using my bander, buffing up the weight, going to various zones, and running away. Since I was getting a free runaway, I wasn't actually SPENDING a turn in these zones, so I had no need to obtain buffs more then once. However, the order of adventuring for this script appears to be all-certain-noncoms-before-possible-coms. Well, it doesn't actually seem to be the SCRIPT (granted, I'm not much of a script-monkey, so I could very easily be wrong), but…mafia's internal zone numbering, I suppose? Is there somewhere I could reference so I have some idea what to expect?

Theraze

Basically, turn these lines:
Code:
		else if (!can_adv(loc, True)) vprint( "You don't have access to adventure in " + loc ,"red",5);
		else {
			vprint( "Trying to adventure in " + loc ,"Blue",5);
			if (adv1(loc,-1,"")) {}
		}
into this:
Code:
		else if (!can_adv(loc, false)) vprint( "You don't have access to adventure in " + loc ,"red",3);
		else {
			vprint( "You need to adventure in " + loc ,"Blue",3);
		}
Note that I also changed the display text from 5, slight debug levels, to 3, displayed for normal users. As well, the text slightly changed from trying to adventure to, you need to adventure. :)