Bug - Fixed Unable to cast Ode to Booze more than once from the Item Manager pane

Magus_Prime

This is with r26661 and I haven't checked to see when the change was introduced.

If I cast Ode to Booze using the "cast ode" button on the Item Manager pane I can only cast it once as that "greys out" the button and I get a tool tip that states "You can't remember any more songs".

The same behavior is witnessed if I cast Ode to Booze outside the Item Manager: it "greys out" the button in the Item Manager pane.

Casting Ode to Booze multiple times is possible and, at times necessary. Additional casts are possible from the relay browser but it used to work by clicking the button in the Item Manager pane.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Works for me.

It's telling you that you are full up on Accordion Thief songs. Are you wearing gear that lets you hold more than three at a time?

Magus_Prime

Perhaps I expressed myself poorly. Here is what happens:
  • If I am at max songs -1 I can cast Ode from the Item Manager but then the button is greyed out.
  • I can perform additional casts of Ode from the relay browser but not from Item Manager
  • If, with Ode active, I shrug a different song to bring the total number of active songs to max songs -1 then the button in Item Manager works again
I can have four active songs but it isn't equipment that raised the cap it's having permed Mariachi Memory.

Increasing the number of turns of an already active song seems to be interpreted as trying to cast a song that will take me to maxsongs + 1. That didn't use to be the case.

To put it another way: if the character is at max active songs and one of those songs is Ode to Booze then the button should permit casting Ode to Booze (given sufficient MP).

Edit: Found it! The change came in r25979 (Dec 9, 2021). The change was made by @gausie and is described as "Disables the "cast ode" button in the UseItemEnqueuePanel when the player has no free memory for more songs (and explains why in a tooltip)"

The button works as expected in r25978.

Last edited: