Feature Track when next adventure will be an NC

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Do we do this already? I see nothing in the code.

There are now multiple ways to force the next adventure to be an NC, if possible:

1) Clara's bell
2) Pill Keeper - Sneakisol
3) Jurassic Parka - Spikolodon - Launch spikolodon spikes
4) Others?

#1 and #3 are daily limited - and we track with _claraBellUsed and _spikolodonSpikedUses - but how can a program know that the forced-NC is imminent?

I guess that have just having used the item or skill, it has to just remember it and track it itself.

Might be more accurate if KoLmafia had its own property.
Especially if it persists over rollover - true for Sneakisol and Clara's bell, at least - especially since the effects do not stack and you don't want to waste another item if it is already active.

If you Adventure and DON'T get an NC, is the charge lost?

One potential challenge is there are several superlikelies and scheduled noncombats that won't eat the charge (e.g., zone intro adventures). And we don't have a way of discerning superlikelies from regular noncombats because there are several pity noncombats throughout the game that are superlikely clones of an existing noncombat (or something similar)

Erosion

4) stench jelly, technically daily limited but also not really
If you adventure in a zone with no NCs, the charge is not eaten.
Shadow Rift gets a special shout because the bosses are treated as NCs and can be force encountered.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It is, specifically, Shadow Rifts that led me to this.

My ShadowRift.ash script has an open PR to launch spikolodon spikes at normal shadow monsters to force the boss - or labyrinth - next adventure. Since this is on normal shadow monsters, I know that a “force NC” effect was not in effect. But if, somehow, somebody had forced one before running my script, I have no way to know I need to run my “prepare for boss” function before that combat.

Pretty unlikely scenario, but I like to be prepared for all contingencies.

good news, everyone:

[15:15:55] System Message: A new trivial update has been posted: There are now messages in the charpane if your character has one of the things that forces the next adventure to be a noncombat.