idk how this website works but i need help with something with the combat scripting in kolmafia

Clubbedman

how do I make it so that it uses a skill when I have it but skips if I don't. I want to use the ball straight up ability if I have it and attack if I don't but I don't know how to do that.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
Interesting. That doesn’t work for items. I’d just keep rock band flyers in the list at all times…

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It skips it because you don’t have that skill if you don’t have the ball in inventory. It’s not looking for the ball and then deciding you can’t use the skill.

Clubbedman

what I currently have is

[ default ]
if hasskill bowl straight up
"skill bowl straight up"
endif
attack with weapon

why is it not working

xKiv

what I currently have is

[ default ]
if hasskill bowl straight up
"skill bowl straight up"
endif
attack with weapon

why is it not working
That looks like incorrect mixing of CCS and BALLS. I don't believe CCS has "if" and "endif".
I *think* there are two approaches to make this work:
1) put the if and endif lines inside "qoutes" too, so that mafia will just send all 3 as a native macro (my knowledge of CCS makes me about 40% confident this is how it works)
2) replace all 3 lines with just one, without any quotes (which is what I think Crowther is saying):
skill bowl straight up

Clubbedman

That looks like incorrect mixing of CCS and BALLS. I don't believe CCS has "if" and "endif".
1) put the if and endif lines inside "qoutes" too, so that mafia will just send all 3 as a native macro (my knowledge of CCS makes me about 40% confident this is how it works)
2) replace all 3 lines with just one, without any quotes (which is what I think Crowther is saying):
skill bowl straight up
I have used all my adventures today so I will have to wait tomorrow to see if it works thanks regardless though.

Crowther

skill bowl straight up
Yup.