Anyone know why this visit_url isn't really working?

Malurth

I'm probably just doing something really stupid. Hopefully I don't flood this forum with dumb questions. I've been making a bunch of minor click-saving relay scripts, and the areas guarded by a 'pwd' in the URL on the Mysterious Island aren't being cooperative.

For example, trying to automatically get a molybdenum magnet using
Code:
if (available_amount($item[molybdenum magnet]) < 1 && equippedFratFatigues()) {
	visit_url("bigisland.php?place=junkyard");
	visit_url("bigisland.php?action=junkman&pwd=");
	if (available_amount($item[molybdenum magnet]) >= 1) {
		appendText(formatText("Retrieved molybdenum magnet.", "green", 2, 0), endstr, dis);
	} else {
		appendText(formatText("Failed to retrieve molybdenum magnet.", "red", 2, 0), endstr, dis);
	}
}
doesn't work (I get the failed text every time and don't have the magnet). Neither does the lighthouse. I've tried without the = on the url as well. This especially baffles me as I looked at EoD's sofcore ascension script and he uses
Code:
visit_url("bigisland.php?action=junkman&pwd=");
every time he wants to talk to the junkman too.

The non-pwd protected URLs on the island work fine, I can auto-get flyers easily. (Also I know I prolly don't have to put in the junkyard visit_url, I just threw it in after it wasn't working.)

Anyone have a clue? This is in bigisland.ash relay, if that matters. Caronch's dentures had a pwd field but I didn't have any problems with that script @_@

Razorsoup

That URL loads for me in the mini browser just fine. It does seem to redirect to the same URL but with the "=" stripped from the end so you might try changing the "pwd=" to just "pwd". Are you getting any error messages or is it just not doing what you'd expect?

Bale

Minion
This is in bigisland.ash relay, if that matters.

Yes, this matters. When you are making a relay script you need to create the entire url, password hash and all. Mafia will not autofill the password hash in that circumstance. Try...

Code:
if (available_amount($item[molybdenum magnet]) < 1 && equippedFratFatigues()) {
	visit_url("bigisland.php?action=junkman&pwd="+my_hash());
	if (available_amount($item[molybdenum magnet]) >= 1) {
		appendText(formatText("Retrieved molybdenum magnet.", "green", 2, 0), endstr, dis);
	} else {
		appendText(formatText("Failed to retrieve molybdenum magnet.", "red", 2, 0), endstr, dis);
	}
}

Once upon a time, I nearly went insane before I figured that out.

Last edited: