New lightweight Volcano Mining Script! No Object detection! ~3.45K/turn.

*At least* 2. There's no guarantee that each row will have at most one.
The choice should be dynamic for each mine (and I expect that it won't probably even be necessary for most mines - if you find the gold in first two rows, or there's no sparkly path from 3rd row to 1st row)

Oh. Yes, I see.

This will be advantageous with all or all but one of the collapses/crystals encountered.
The edge is small, but any edge is important. I'll add this to the Github to-do list.

xKiv

Code:
Resetting mine.

[17564] The Velvet / Gold Mine (Mining)

Mining at square (2, 6)

You acquire an item: New Age healing crystal

[17565] The Velvet / Gold Mine (Mining)
Mining at square (4, 6)

[17565] The Velvet / Gold Mine (Mining)
You lose 28 hit points

[17566] The Velvet / Gold Mine (Mining)
No more sparklies here.
Resetting mine.

Why does my CLI look like I am visiting the mine at 17564 3 times, and at 17565 3 times?
does not the visit_url called at start of refresh() return almost the same thing as the visit_url called at the end of (the preceding) mineReset()? (the only difference should be the message about resetting the mine)

Also, if I am looking at the source correctly, mineLayout6 is not very useful. It seems to only list squares that have been already explored (mined out). It doesn't seem to have anything about promising squares.

It does visit_url for POST when it actually mines out a square using mineAtSpot. I think that's 17564? And then it's automatically forwarded to the mine page, which is 17565, where Mafia outputs the result and extract_items(result) kicks in.

I'll try to see if I can actually take out the visit_url in refresh(). I suspect that the POST request returns a valid mine-view too. That should cut down the number of visits (manual and automatic) by 1.

Thank you so much for your help!

It works! The bloody thing works!

One less visit_url in the mix :D It shows, too--Now we're running hot, at 750ms/adventure again. Thanks, xKiv! Couldn't have spotted it without you.

1.379 million meat today. Yeah, that's right! I got optimal.

Next steps will be to migrate some utilities over to the new Mining Utilities suite I created, and do cross-importing. Hopeful deadline: 1wk.

After that, I'll be experimenting with OD-support/OD-active modes, and dynamic-gain mining into velvet zone squares on a different branch. When that gets pushed in, I'll force up a log reset through version checkout by adding a new field into pjbminer_data.txt.

For those of you with salaried multies, I'll hopefully figure out how to do version-locked user-by-user things soon. Even if it requires hardcoding the algorithm version number.

New build!

-eliteaccordion

=== Report: Results this Session ===

Obtained 70 1,970 carat golds in 397 turns.
Total session gold value: 1379000 meat
Average session value: 3473 meat/adventure
Runtime: 297.0 secs, or 750ms/adv at 4643 meat/second

=== Version Lifetime (data/pjbminer_data.txt) ===

Obtained 247 gold pieces for 4865900 meat.
Used 1506 secs to spend 1363 adventures.
Average gain: 3569 meat / adv

Last edited:

johngnash

Couple Quick Questions:
How does this script handle the drills? Next do your numbers include cost of drills?

I ask because farming BARF with +meat gear, hobo monkey, and buffs, I make 3000-3200 mpa after all expenses (including consumption), not including any mall sales. So it is hard for me to compare the two farming methods until I know if you are subtracting expenses.

Couple Quick Questions:
How does this script handle the drills? Next do your numbers include cost of drills?

I ask because farming BARF with +meat gear, hobo monkey, and buffs, I make 3000-3200 mpa after all expenses (including consumption), not including any mall sales. So it is hard for me to compare the two farming methods until I know if you are subtracting expenses.

Script handling for drills:
If you unequip the drill mid-run, it re-equips it.
If you don't have a drill but have the parts for the drill, the script makes it.
The script doesn't buy drills, but if drills start breaking, it might, I'll have to see. In that case, I will include that cost in the report.

The drill currently doesn't break (or if it does, not at any significant rate). It's also pretty cheap for a 1-time investment.

Currently, this volcano script makes 3.45K mpa, based off of my personal logging.
This does not include expenses for diet and one-day tickets, if you're using those. I assume you're not factoring those into your Barf cost either, since those are person-to-person and your diet should vary based on your MPA. Currently, 1.39K is the price for one-day tickets, which I consider insignificant. The price is actually 139K, which is not insignificant. Thanks xKiv, for catching my dumb. :)

Last edited:
Pushed update:

Thanks to UncleHoboCrimbo for telling me that you CAN in fact mine while beaten up. A new update has been pushed to account for this.
If you want to maximize MPA now:
1. Clear your logs, if your character is squishy.
2. Turn off your Autorecovery script, or at least prevent it from spending adventures while you mine.
3. Take some sort of HP regen while you mine, so you have hp > 0. I don't think 0HP can mine.
4. SVN update.

Let me know if something goes wrong.

For anyone viewing this thread with a "You don't have access" error, with the charter:

As far as I can tell, the property that detects charter usage isn't working. To fix this, type into the gCLI:

set hotAirportAlways = true

Or, if you are only using one-day tickets:

set _hotAirportToday = true

The underscore is important.

johngnash

Script handling for drills:
If you unequip the drill mid-run, it re-equips it.
If you don't have a drill but have the parts for the drill, the script makes it.
The script doesn't buy drills, but if drills start breaking, it might, I'll have to see. In that case, I will include that cost in the report.

The drill currently doesn't break (or if it does, not at any significant rate). It's also pretty cheap for a 1-time investment.

Currently, this volcano script makes 3.45K mpa, based off of my personal logging.
This does not include expenses for diet and one-day tickets, if you're using those. I assume you're not factoring those into your Barf cost either, since those are person-to-person and your diet should vary based on your MPA. Currently, 1.39K is the price for one-day tickets, which I consider insignificant. The price is actually 139K, which is not insignificant. Thanks xKiv, for catching my dumb. :)

I have a custom barf script i wrote for myself. What it does is it banks into my DC before anything all but 250k of my meat (this is mall sales for that last day). It then consumes, wears appropriate gear (inc stinky eyes till full, then switching to meat gems, etc, and mood manages buffs, eats for pantsgiving fullness. Then end of day, it OD's, OCD's, then banks again all but 250k. It then looks at starting advs, ending advs, and tells me my pre mall sale mpa profit for the day, my overall profit for the day, and what my mall sales were for the day before. So it gives me a true MPA for what I made, and not an inflated number before expenses. The mood even uses price for every buff item, to decide how much it will make, and if it should run said buff, so that if there is a spike in say, red snow cones, it wont try using them if i would make less than 20% profit from them. Basically everything is encapsulated within the script so I can have it track my meat making as a whole. At a guess I'd say after expenses (since volcano mining has lower cost per turn going on) it likely makes 3k-3.2k mpa, but it really would depend on rollover gear, consumption, etc.

Hi johngnash, developer here again.
Okay, at some point you're going to have to do your own cost-benefit analysis, but I'll go through as far as I can with the information here.

I did the same thing for my personal daily script. I haven't published it, since I want to avoid market collision, but I can tell you my investment each day is ~80k, and if I'm on an account buying one-day tickets, I have to pay more. I don't log cumulatively my daily script.

However, the mining script has a logger for gold autosell. Guaranteed accurate logging, uses algorithmic turn guarantee rather than my_adventures(), so no worries about Unaccompanied Miner or something messing up the results.
Here's my personal log across 3 accounts for the last 13 days or so.

=== Version Lifetime (data/pjbminer_data.txt) ===

Obtained 2169 gold pieces for 42729300 meat.
Used 1092444 secs to spend 12173 adventures. <--- it got stuck with a network outage, but came back online just fine.
Average gain: 3510 meat / adv

My current daily mining-only turngen is 420 adv, so the average cost:
- Charter account: (80K) : -190 mpa
- Ticket accounts: (80K + 200K) : -666 mpa

So I'm doing ever so slightly better on volcano at 3.3K mpa profit with a charter. It was higher profit margin before, but my diet price has gone up; I'll need to redo my analysis.

Should you farm Barf or Volcano?
At the current moment in the market, I would actually advise anyone farming on tickets with a similar MPA to go to Barf; its tickets are low (at 100K) whereas volcano tickets are much higher (200K). A market aberration, perhaps, but one that should be taken accounted for. It used to be the reverse, since Barf was hyped for farming, but now people are realizing that the Volcano is the poor man's Dinsey. Plus, less gross. I predicted a few weeks ago that it would go over 180K. Don't worry, it'll still turn a decent profit and the price will go down in a month or two.

Now, if you have only one charter, farm that charter. One-day tickets are a pretty serious cut to profit for either side.

If you have both charters, you need more info. You obviously have barf data somewhere, so try this script for a little while. Log a few days and then calculate meat profit like I did here. Remember not to include equipment prices. The more days you try, the better; the difference in potential loss/profit will help you decide.

Compare with Barf. Whichever one's better for you, go with that one.

I can't tell you right now which one's better because I don't have your exact figures, and I don't have your meatfarming bonus information and stuff.

===========================
Taking a break on development for school. Feel free to send me an email at allen.jiang@berkeley.edu and do pull requests if you want to contribute.

So, the current version has stabilized at around 3525 meat/adv.

Current readings:

Obtained 3002 gold pieces for 59139400 meat.
Used 1516849 secs to spend 16802 adventures.
Average gain: 3519 meat/adv

Pretty solid.

theo1001

Should you farm Barf or Volcano?
At the current moment in the market, I would actually advise anyone farming on tickets with a similar MPA to go to Barf; its tickets are low (at 100K) whereas volcano tickets are much higher (200K). A market aberration, perhaps, but one that should be taken accounted for. It used to be the reverse, since Barf was hyped for farming, but now people are realizing that the Volcano is the poor man's Dinsey. Plus, less gross. I predicted a few weeks ago that it would go over 180K. Don't worry, it'll still turn a decent profit and the price will go down in a month or two.

You didn't account for the currency you earn when you use a one-day ticket.
For barf you earn 3 FunFunds from garbage disposal while most assignments seem too time-consuming to be worth it. Each ticket costs 20 Funfunds or 100k meat so you earn back 3/20*100k=15k meat.
So each dinseyland ticket is actually costing you 85k meat.

For volcano you get 1 volcoino from the Discotheque and you may be able to get another one from the WLF bunker if it has an operation that requires items that can be bought from the mall.
Each ticket costs 3 volcoino or 200k meat so each volcoino is worth 67k meat.
That means that with 1 volcoino earned the ticket actually costs you 133k meat (48k meat more than barf) while with 2 volcoinos the ticket is costing you 70k meat, 15k meat less than dinseylandville.

I haven't done the exact math for the chance of a supply mission appearing in WLF bunker but my point is that the ticket prices are probably more close than what you may initially think.

You didn't account for the currency you earn when you use a one-day ticket.
For barf you earn 3 FunFunds from garbage disposal while most assignments seem too time-consuming to be worth it. Each ticket costs 20 Funfunds or 100k meat so you earn back 3/20*100k=15k meat.
So each dinseyland ticket is actually costing you 85k meat.

For volcano you get 1 volcoino from the Discotheque and you may be able to get another one from the WLF bunker if it has an operation that requires items that can be bought from the mall.
Each ticket costs 3 volcoino or 200k meat so each volcoino is worth 67k meat.
That means that with 1 volcoino earned the ticket actually costs you 133k meat (48k meat more than barf) while with 2 volcoinos the ticket is costing you 70k meat, 15k meat less than dinseylandville.

I haven't done the exact math for the chance of a supply mission appearing in WLF bunker but my point is that the ticket prices are probably more close than what you may initially think.

No, I didn't. The volcoino attainability varies from person to person (depending on which bounties they can satisfy) and I'm not going to try to do the full analysis for that reason :) I also excluded the charterfunds because maybe you want to use them to buy other things, idk.

I've also been experimenting to see how to fetch volcoinos automatically, but no dice so far.

Definitely, factor that into your cost.

Last edited:
Sorry to everyone for the slow developments! I've been away at school.
I'm pretty comfortable saying 3.5-3.55k MPA for this script.

Obtained 3870 gold pieces for 76239000 meat.
Used 1985520 secs to spend 21474 adventures.
Average gain: 3550 meat / adv