Harvest – A highly customisable farming script

Ima Felyn

Yeah but whats weird was everything worked last night, but now not. /itsamystery

Anyway I seemed to have did a temporary fix by just commenting a ton of stuff out and it seems to work okay. If anyone has my issue try what I did to these lines in the Harvest Combat.ash.

http://i.imgur.com/FjesNqb.png

Theraze

Based on reading back a bit, you just aren't using the latest version of the Harvest script, since the latest version already has the bounty stuff commented out. You may have accidentally svn dec harvest or something similar.

Bale

Minion
Ima Felyn, it is sounding like you have some sort of installation issue. I can think of several possibilities...

1. Did you install from SVN or did you download the copy in the first post of this thread? If you used the download in this thread, then it is out of date. Go to the Script Manger in the scripts menu and install it from there.
  2. If installed from SVN, did you modify the /svn directory? If you modified the /svn directory, is it now in a conflicted state? If it is conflicted it might not have updated properly. Here's how to resolve a conflict.
  3. Do you use dropbox to keep KoLmafia updated amongst multiple computers? There is an error reported by some users that corrupts the svn copy making it impossible to update. The solution is to uninstall the script and re-install it. This can be done entirely from the Script Manger.

Last edited:

CKtheFat

Is this script current? I always see this when I try to run this ever since bounty hunting was overhauled:

> call scripts\Harvest.ash

har_current_activity => prefarm
har_current_activity => bountyhunt
CCS set to wham
You failed to select a bounty

This happens both when I have a bounty set and when I do not. Just ran svn update and the issue is still happening.

Theraze

Harvest doesn't currently support bounty hunting. Disable har_bountyhunt unless you want it to fail.

fake116

Has anyone experienced the problem when running Harvest where it reports "EatDrink.ash failed to fill your organs completely" and stops? It appears that it can't fill my spleen. Is there a way to override this and made Harvest run anyway?

Ioeth

Has anyone experienced the problem when running Harvest where it reports "EatDrink.ash failed to fill your organs completely" and stops? It appears that it can't fill my spleen. Is there a way to override this and made Harvest run anyway?

I've had this happen and haven't been able to figure out why. It seems more likely to be a problem with EatDrink.ash not filling up spleen completely, because Harvest always instructs it to do so. If you run Harvest again, it should see that your spleen is not completely full and call EatDrink again. Usually on the second run-through it doesn't give me any trouble with filling up the remaining space, allowing Harvest to continue normally.

Theraze

This usually happens because you have a low-ish stepmeat set in ED, which makes it stop buying new stuff so that your farming prep doesn't cost more than a specified value. If you want to disable that feature, just set your stepmeat to -1. 0 is actually 0, so that you can fake a WoSF run if needed. Or just look at your inventory, to say that another way.

Theraze

For bounties, use the update to the bounty script that's posted near the end of the thread there. For other stuff, the farm script is still getting irregularly updated.

Gallowglass

Greetings! I'm currently having some issues with running harvest & am hoping to garner some assistance.

I run multi's, yes, completely independently of each other. I noticed (yesterday, perhaps two days ago) that there were some things going oddly on the display interface (the history aspect was, collecting oddly I suppose?), as well as having errors with the equipment changing at end of session. Currently I'm having quite the challenge in having mafia identify lucre properly (as a viable, non completed option) as well as gathering this error on attempts to use canadv:

the haunted wine cellar (automatic)
the haunted wine cellar (northeast)
the haunted wine cellar (northwest)
the haunted wine cellar (southeast)
the haunted wine cellar (southwest)
Multiple matches against The Haunted Wine Cellar.
Bad location value: "The Haunted Wine Cellar" (canadv.ash, line 260)

I have the latest build & jar (16.3 &14014). ( I think.)

I'm running harvest, with each ccs set specifically and only one command line (consult WHAM.ash).

The purpose of my playing (besides joy & college steam blowoff) is to try & learn coding in a method/environ I'd enjoy. This means, however, that I'm *not* good with them yet, and thus trying to learn. My apologies if I ask poorly, or stupidly--as well as if I'm posting in the wrong place.

Oh, I'm also using Bale's Universal recovery.

* * So, it would seem to me, that there is a common file being utilized by the program, or one of the scripts, and the data is not being cleared correctly. If I open/close (both partial/all the way) the errors might disappear, just as they might if I uninstall/reinstall. I've cleared browser history, used clear in cli, and am quite hesitant to delve deeper than that.

Any & all help/advice would be welcome, and I thank you for your time & attention.

_Gallow

P.s. - If you would like to see any data please let me know where to go to access it, just in case I really am that oblivious. Which is probably the case. ^_^;

Edit:
Three (possibly) locations of note: The Haunted Wine Cellar, Spooky Gravy Burrow, and (possibly) The Black Forest.

I entered the wine cellar to see what would happen, and, sure enough, KOLmafia updated the data. I tried running farm.ash true again & was pointed to line 478, The Spooky Gravy Burrow (not having ascended, the only option I could think of or find was to comment out lines 478 & 479). I entered The Black Forest & noted KOLmafia to have updated it's info, but I hadn't run the script, so I'm unsure if it affected anything. I noted fronobulax's comment on canadv's thread and was attempting to auto-update mafia after trying farm.ash true.

This has resulted in things working (I think) properly at the moment. Oh! let me not forget: Thanks to Bale for your prolific notes in the forum's about setting SVN to auto-update. This caught two items that weren't completely updated.

And, belatedly, thanks to all for your amazing scripts & guidance!

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Bad location value: "The Haunted Wine Cellar" (canadv.ash, line 260)

I think the first solution is to see whether the latest version of canadv has been updated to handle the Spookyraven revamp and update it or make local edits to resolve the problem. (I can be more helpful once I am on a different computer).

Banana Lord

It blows my mind that years after I first imagined writing it this script is still being maintained and used. You guys are awesome :D

Theraze

I think the first solution is to see whether the latest version of canadv has been updated to handle the Spookyraven revamp and update it or make local edits to resolve the problem. (I can be more helpful once I am on a different computer).

Yes... I updated CanAdv with the single Haunted Wine Cellar back on 5/16, a full week before this post. :)

Ioeth

I've added support back in for bounty hunting. Full support for special bounties hasn't been implemented yet, but if you have access to the area, it should be able to collect for you. Harvest Combat.ash should be working and olfacting, but SmartStasis.ash hasn't been updated with olfaction support for revamped bounties yet. Let me know about any problems that you run into with the new support. Bounty hunt at your own risk for now!

Oh by the way, CanAdv is now a dependency for Harvest (so hopefully I set that up right), but at the moment is incompatible with a change made in revision 14032 of KoLmafia, the Noob Cave rename. So that might be a little bit of an issue until CanAdv gets updated. Sorry!

Last edited:

Ioeth

So it does seem that CanAdv is pretty good at preparing a character for a special bounty hunt if it can, so I've switched over to using that for now. It did work really well for the bounty today in the Red Queen's Garden. I'd watch out for some of the weirder bounty areas, though, like Mt. Molehill or Anger Man's Level. I'll try to address those as they come up, but you might want to opt not to do a special bounty using Harvest on those days.