New Content - Implemented Summer 2019 Challenge Path - Kingdom of Exploathing

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Ahh... multiple "tokens". That is tricky. I can work around that. Thanks.

Note to everyone: This also means other coinmaster functions might not work as expected:

> ash buy_price($coinmaster[Cosmic Ray's Bazaar],$item[antique accordion]);

Returned: 0

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, I'll be looking at this. It does have a "main" token.

> ash buy_price($coinmaster[Cosmic Ray's Bazaar],$item[antique accordion]);

> ash buy_price($coinmaster[Cosmic Ray's Bazaar],$item[digital key]);

When these functions were implemented, we didn't consider that a coinmaster could have more than one currency. That was before Uncle Buck arrived in Mr. Store.

I'm thinking that we need something like:

item buy_token( COINMASTER, ITEM )

in addition to the .token proxy record field. Except that doesn't help with things like dimes and quarters.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
1. adv1 called on "Inside the Palindome" fails, even when you have a Talisman o Nam equipped. I found that this is mitigated by setting "questL11Palindome" to "started", which (I speculate) turns off the "have you unlocked this area" check.
Interesting.

We should be able to detect that the Palindome is available if we see the "Never Even or Odd" quest in the quest log.
Otherwise, if you have the Talisman o'Namsilat equipped or in inventory, we try to "unlock" it for you by equipping it and looking at the plains to see if it has "palinlink.gif" on it. In KoE, it is "exploathing/palindome.gif". In both, there is a link to "place.php?whichplace=palindome".

--> In Kingdom of Exploathing, it should be visible - i.e. unlocked - immediately. Except, it is in place.php?whichplace=exploathing, not plains.php
--> I took a test multi to the plains with talisman equipped and it is place.php?whichplace=palindome in normal KoL, as expected.

If you try to go there without a talisman, apparently in normal KoL it says "That place isn't accessible to you right now.", but KoE, it says "You find yourself unable to get near the Palindome."

2. "acquire" CLI command doesn't work on rare Meat isotopes
Yeah. We decide that you can create a rare Meat isotope and try to "acquire" the ingredients, but there is no code to "acquire" Meat.

I'll look at these things.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19520 should fix both of those. You can now "acquire 30 rare Meat isotope" or "create 5 rare Meat isotope".

Hmm. I wonder if this will recurse and if you "create space wine" with fewer than 5 rare Meat isotopes, it will buy those for you? Is that desirable?

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Probably because it was not in equipment.txt. Revision 19521 puts it there. I tried maximizing for "advs, equip space shield" and it offered to put the space shield in my off-hand slot.

Magus_Prime

With r19524 I killed the NS and read a copy of Implode Universe but the value associated with skillLevel188 did not increment. I had, manually, set it to 4, when r19518 was released, and it remained at 4 after reading a fifth copy of the skill book.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'll figure that out tomorrow when I finish my 8th HC run. I have 7 of them in storage, so should be easy enough to sort this out, although I am surprised it doesn't work, since I just copied existing code to support such things.

There is probably a special message other than "You acquire a skill" for the 2nd and subsequent readings which doesn't match one of the existing special messages we have code to recognize.

Edit:

Ah. The Wiki says "You reread the tale and really remember."

It also says for the skill:

"Can cast 1x/day for each copy of The Imploded World used across all ascensions. To a maximum of 13/day."

I HOPE that KoL prevents you from reading a 14th copy of the book, rather than wasting it.

Last edited:

locked_lunatic

The new monsters still aren't added to monsters.txt
And I also think that the hole in the sky isn't registered as available from the start
The NC in the exploded battlefield is also still missing

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Missing from where? What are you trying to do?

I would guess that because this is a choiceadventure with a choice number and an option, there is no way for Mafia to automate it (other than visit_url() call)
Is there any way to currently automate this choice otherwise?

locked_lunatic

I would guess that because this is a choiceadventure with a choice number and an option, there is no way for Mafia to automate it (other than visit_url() call)
Is there any way to currently automate this choice otherwise?

Yes, that is what I meant.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We can set up automation for the vast majority of choices, which are invoked like this:

choice.php?whichchoice=XXX&option=YYY

Unfortunately, there are a handful of choices which aloow or require an additional parameter. This is one of them.

choice.php?whichchoice=1391&option=1&tossid=XXXXX

Perhaps we could set up a new mechanism, like a "choiceParameters1391" property which could have "tossid=XXXXX" as its arg, but don't count on it...

locked_lunatic

I merely saw that it was still considered an unknown adventure so I thought I'd mention it, but I can see how it would be difficult to implement.
I'd consider the other points higher priority.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
And I also think that the hole in the sky isn't registered as available from the start
Yesterday, on day one of a Kingdom of Exploathing run, I automated a turn in the Hole in the Sky:

Code:
[77] The Hole in the Sky
Encounter: The Trouser Snake
Round 0: Veracity wins initiative!
Round 1: You lose 1 hit point
Round 1: Veracity executes a macro!
Round 1: Veracity casts SAUCESTORM!
Round 2: Trouser Snake takes 504 damage.
Round 2: Trouser Snake takes 130 damage.
Round 2: Bodolph blasts your enemies with multicolored psychic bolts for 6 (+10) (+5) (+10) (+1) damage!
Round 2: Trouser Snake takes 32 damage.
Round 2: Veracity wins the fight!
After Battle: Some extra meat has appeared in your pouch when you weren't looking. Presumably Tricksy Prada's doing.
You gain 15 Meat.
You acquire an item: line
You acquire an item: line
After Battle: You gain 27 Strongness
You gain a Muscle point!
After Battle: You gain 18 Wizardliness
After Battle: You gain 37 Sarcasm
You gain a Moxie point!
I wouldn't normally go to the HitS on turn 77 - and I never automate, in run - but it worked fine.

I adjusted the code in KoLAdventure.java in version 19493, on August 20 - two weeks ago.

Code:
		if ( this.adventureId.equals( AdventurePool.HOLE_IN_THE_SKY_ID ) )
		{
			this.isValidAdventure =
				KoLCharacter.isKingdomOfExploathing() ||
				InventoryManager.hasItem( ItemPool.get( ItemPool.ROCKETSHIP, 1 ) ) ||
				InventoryManager.hasItem( ItemPool.get( ItemPool.ROWBOAT, 1 ) );
			return;
		}
Perhaps you were not running a recent enough daily build when you noticed this? Or perhaps you noticed it a long time ago and only reported it now?

locked_lunatic

Ah yes, the HitS issue was entirely my own fault. Sorry for wasting your time on that.

I guess that just leaves the monsters missing from the monsters.txt file.