Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: auto_mushroom: the perfect mushroom-growing script

Found the bug. It was because string_to_int("") == 0, so it always thought the last day was day 0 on a new ascension. This would mess up if it was day 1.
    Originally Posted by rlbond86 View Post
    You are, as always, awesome, RLBond. My guess was based on having only looked at the code once, months ago, to find which variable was being checked so I could reset it manually. 0 points for laziness for me, apparently, but glad it's fixed.

I have used this for quite a while already (great script! ), since I'm in extended aftercore.

However, last weekend I was away on a trip and missed a few days in planting. Upon returing I thought maybe I had to re-init the script, but when I checked into that, I noticed that it hadn't harvested any mushrooms ever since the 4th or 5th of january.

Running planting/auto_mushroom.ash again got it back running, but I'm not sure why it would stop working in the first place. I'm certain I didn't touch the script, and almost certain I didn't tinker with any mafia preferences either. Any ideas?

Was that around the time where mafia actually got mushroom plot detection and so it wouldn't have been detected for you until the next time you actually visited the plot?

Ah, you might be correct. r13490 was committed the 5th, may have been a side effect. Never noticed that until now. Goes to show automation makes you lazy .

I guess it does. Theraze's explanation sounds pretty plausible to me. Anyway, I'm glad you noticed and got it working again. Sorry you missed a few cycles there.

Thank you for this script. its really cool.

why is it in /kol_mafia/planting/ instead of /kol_mafia/scripts/
    this makes it not show up in the UI when you click on scripts menu button on the top ribbon (between "Quests" and "Window" at the top).

To actually start using auto_mushroom, type
    Code:
    planting/auto_mushroom.ash
    in the CLI. You will need to do this again after you ascend.
    Originally Posted by rlbond86 View Post
    I found that just typing
    Code:
    auto_mushroom.ash
    works as well. At least it does after the first time (to clarify, I haven't tested it the first time, I just conceivably can see how the script would add its directory to the PATH when first invoked such as to ensure it works even without the path; so, if it doesn't do that then it should work the first time too)

Also, the HTML file found in planting has all the images show as broken images.

PS. I am using build 18238 of kol mafia rather than stable (since "stable" is ancient and most scripts don't work on it)
    Last edited by taltamir; 10-23-2017 at 07:08 AM.

I believe it needs to go in the planting folder for it to run automatically each day.

Great script, thank you. something I noticed is that when running auto mushroom without enough meat it gives me a warning of not having enough meat and skips a day... fine, reasonable (although the warning is easy to miss because it gives it at the beginning instead of the end, and the screen moves fast to scroll past multiple pages.)

once I had acquired enough meat I tried running it again and it says "auto mushroom already run today" and refused to run and do any planting.

suggestions
    1. If out of meat, popup a question on whether to abort or not. if aborted you can then run it again after you get the meat.
    2. If you didn't abort, have it so running it again with enough meat will switch to the better available option
    Last edited by taltamir; 05-12-2018 at 05:12 AM.