auto_mushroom: the perfect mushroom-growing script

Vicerious

I'm getting this error when the script tries to run:

Code:
Function 'string_to_int( string )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (auto_mushroom.ash, line 482)

I'm using the latest version of KoLmafia from the daily builds (r19901 as of this writing) and the script manager didn't find any updates for the other scripts, such as zlib.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It ribond86 still around? Nobody with that name in KoL.

There are 3 lines in planting/auto_mushroom.ash that need to be changed to have "to_int()" rather than "string_to_int()".

Just to make it super easy, I attach that file with the appropriate edits.

Hopefully ribond86 will update the script in his/her repository so that svn update will update it for people.

Edit: That would be "rlbond86", not "ribond86". There is a user with that name on KoL. He last logged in two years ago - March 17, 2018.
Edit 2: I updated the file in svn, so just "svn update" to get it.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
It ribond86 still around? Nobody with that name in KoL.

There are 3 lines in planting/auto_mushroom.ash that need to be changed to have "to_int()" rather than "string_to_int()".

Just to make it super easy, I attach that file with the appropriate edits.

Hopefully ribond86 will update the script in his/her repository so that svn update will update it for people.

Edit: That would be "rlbond86", not "ribond86". There is a user with that name on KoL. He last logged in two years ago - March 17, 2018.

There is precedent for rehosting a script (i.e. Bale's UR) but I'm not sure this one is used widely enough to justify that. We also might consider pulling it from the Script Manager since it is not expected to run anymore.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I sent him a message on sourceforge, pointing out the issue.
I also offered to fix it myself, if he gave me commit access to the repository.

This looks like a cool script, for people who are in aftercore for a long time.
It's worth keeping.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
He gave me commit access, so I updated the script.
Just use "svn update" to get the latest version.

Fessor Eli

Last few days I've been seeing this message at the end of planting:
Checking for updates (running auto_mushroom ver. 2.2)...
Server returned response code 404 (Not Found) for https://kolmafia.us/showthread.php
Unable to load current version info.
And the beginning of every day begins with the "You have missed a day ...etc.
svn update doesn't change anything, and if I try to run the original script I get a message:
svn: E155000: 'C:\my-\folder\svn\rlbond86-mafia-scripts-auto_mushroom-trunk' is already a working copy for a different URL; perform update to complete it
SVN ERROR during checkout operation. Aborting...
This is a nice quality of life script. Any ideas?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Last few days I've been seeing this message at the end of planting:
Server returned response code 404 (Not Found) for https://kolmafia.us/showthread.php
And the beginning of every day begins with the "You have missed a day ...etc.
svn update doesn't change anything, and if I try to run the original script I get a message:
svn: E155000: 'C:\my-\folder\svn\rlbond86-mafia-scripts-auto_mushroom-trunk' is already a working copy for a different URL; perform update to complete it
SVN ERROR during checkout operation. Aborting...
This is a nice quality of life script. Any ideas?

This is almost certainly a side effect of the change in kolmafia.us software. I am waiting for zlib to adjust to the change because that will fix a lot of known problems.

If you are comfortable with editing scripts I can tell you what to look for and what to try changing. Or I will do that for you in a couple of days.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I got a plot, ran it and had

Next event in 5 days: eight 3nd-generation mushrooms picked

> planting/auto_mushroom.ash

AUTO_MUSHROOM already run today!
Next event in 5 days: eight 3nd-generation mushrooms picked

That is what i expect. The zlib error doesn't break anything.

So your problem may have something to do with data. Perhaps there is a mismatch between the state of your plot and what the script thinks is the state?

I can poke and see if I can get some better questions to ask.