One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

Theraze

Was looking through the wiki today and somehow ended up linked to the Island War Meat Calculator. After browsing it, I've commented out most of the items in turn_stuff_in, since that's costing me quite a bit of (potential) meat every ascension. :) Only frat items it will still coinmaster-sell are the rings and PADL phone, and with the hippies it'll do the beads and windchimes. Everything else will either pulverize or mallsell for better, and I can afford to be patient for a few days/weeks. :)

Fwoosh

Started to play around with OCW cause it sounds so awesome. Now, after running it on one of my multis, i get this:

Code:
[1826] Haunted Bathroom
Encounter: Having a Medicine Ball
Encounter: The Guy Made Of Bees
Strategy: C:\...KOLMafia - <bloop>\ccs\CCS.ccs [default]
Round 0: <bloop> wins initiative!
Round 1: <bloop> executes a macro!
Round 1: <bloop> uses the antique hand mirror!
You acquire an effect: Bad Luck (duration: 7 Adventures)
Round 2: <bloop> wins the fight!
You acquire an item: guy made of bee pollen
After Battle: Volleyball smiles approvingly.
You gain 10 Muscleboundness
You gain 25 Enchantedness
You gain 12 Smarm

I don't know which is messing up, OCW or SmartStasis or me (prob me), but iirc you're supposed to slap the flyer onto bee-man before vanquishing it with a mirror? How do i rectify this so it doesnt come back to bite me in the ass again? D;

ETA: This caused the script to burn through all 100+ of my adventures attempting to search for more GMoBs

*Im not sure if this is the right place for the right question... if it isn't dont beat me with sticks please ;_;

Last edited:

Theraze

Wossname leaves it as your job to set your CCS as something that works.

Since that's what failed, and you didn't let us know what your CCS.ccs is, we can't actually help you fix it... well, until you give us more details about your CCS.

You mentioned SmartStasis, but never actually let us know if/how you're using it. Which makes it really hard to pat you on the back and console you in its failure. :)

zarqon

SS has been changing a lot lately, so it's possible this is an SS bug. Does your CCS specify SmartStasis, DAM, or WHAM? I believe those are the only scripts circulating at the moment which use SS's special GMoB handling.

Even if this wasn't, it would be nice if OCW could detect that the GMoB was defeated without flyering and choose another strategy. Thanks for the edit mentioning that -- I would be really bummed if that happened to me; or really relieved if the script was smart and didn't do that.

Fwoosh

From the first post:

I did consider that before I posted the error, however zarqon also did mention: "If you use SmartStasis or any of the combat scripts that rely on it, no further additions to your CCS are required."

So I'm not really sure if its still me. (is it?)

Wossname leaves it as your job to set your CCS as something that works.

Since that's what failed, and you didn't let us know what your CCS.ccs is, we can't actually help you fix it... well, until you give us more details about your CCS.

You mentioned SmartStasis, but never actually let us know if/how you're using it. Which makes it really hard to pat you on the back and console you in its failure. :)

Hmm, sorry for the lack of information. Was pretty flustered when i posted for help.. I'm still actually in the midst of learning how to integrate scripts into KoLMafia and getting them to work the way its supposed to. For SmartStasis, I actually just followed the steps. Downloadeded the necessary scripts: BatBrain.ash and Bale's Universal Recovery, and added

Code:
[ default ]
consult SmartStasis.ash
attack

CCS.ccs is...well. The above code. Lemme know if i missed anything out x_x

SS has been changing a lot lately, so it's possible this is an SS bug. Does your CCS specify SmartStasis, DAM, or WHAM? I believe those are the only scripts circulating at the moment which use SS's special GMoB handling.

Even if this wasn't, it would be nice if OCW could detect that the GMoB was defeated without flyering and choose another strategy. Thanks for the edit mentioning that -- I would be really bummed if that happened to me; or really relieved if the script was smart and didn't do that.

The only CCS that i've been toying around with is SmartStasis, since its required for OCW. All this while I've been using KoLMafia's default actions for battling, which is to say- plonk dem mons on the head till they bleed and cough up the meat.

I don't fully understand if "my CCS specifies SmartStasis", but I'm assume it is. My settings are mentioned in the code tag.

Hope I answered your question correctly :s

Theraze

Seems possible that the latest SS updates have broken the GMoB flyering, but that's probably a zarqon question. :) From the way I read it, the GMoB will automatically throw the antique mirror, but AFTER the flyer.

What you MIGHT have had happen is... did you use the flyer in the round before? If so, SmartStasis USED to have a bug where once-a-battle events would only ever happen every OTHER battle, when you were automating. So when it was checking to see if it could throw the flyers at the GMoB, it thought it already had. And zarqon JUST fixed that with yesterday's release of BatBrain and SmartStasis... update and it shouldn't happen again.

zarqon

I just fought the GMoB both ways -- automated using SS and in the relay using BMR. In both cases, it cast a single a macro containing Broadside --> flyers --> run away.

However, it does appear from your CLI output that SS made an error and skipped the flyering in your case. Perhaps I should test it without having a suitable stunner. It may be that checks were put in place to prevent you from dying, whereas in this case you want to die. If I get a multi with no stunners to that quest again I'll give it a shot.

Fwoosh

What you MIGHT have had happen is... did you use the flyer in the round before? If so, SmartStasis USED to have a bug where once-a-battle events would only ever happen every OTHER battle, when you were automating. So when it was checking to see if it could throw the flyers at the GMoB, it thought it already had. And zarqon JUST fixed that with yesterday's release of BatBrain and SmartStasis... update and it shouldn't happen again.

Don't believe thats the issue. Looked through my logs and mafia was indeed slapping flyers on mobs at the start of every battle... Nevertheless, I'll definitely update both scripts and give it another shot..... In my next ascension >_>;;

I just fought the GMoB both ways -- automated using SS and in the relay using BMR. In both cases, it cast a single a macro containing Broadside --> flyers --> run away.

However, it does appear from your CLI output that SS made an error and skipped the flyering in your case. Perhaps I should test it without having a suitable stunner. It may be that checks were put in place to prevent you from dying, whereas in this case you want to die. If I get a multi with no stunners to that quest again I'll give it a shot.

What do you mean by 'stunner'? I was a pastamancer with access to Entangling Noodles, (which i've actually never seen SS using). I'm not sure if the script is supposed to auto-cast Entangling Noodles but thats what im assuming based on your post, and I'm just trying to provide as much information as possible :)

*Honestly, I've haven't had enough time to explore the features of SmartStasis YET, pardon me. I was simply just desperately trying to get OCW to work. :s

Or you could try adventuring without any MP, so that broadside isn't an option.

Worse comes to worse, i could always...do it....manually *gulps*

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
What do you mean by 'stunner'? I was a pastamancer with access to Entangling Noodles, (which i've actually never seen SS using). I'm not sure if the script is supposed to auto-cast Entangling Noodles but thats what im assuming based on your post, and I'm just trying to provide as much information as possible :)

Interestingly, BatMan Relay suggested I cast noodles as a BM PM with muscle/moxie of 50 against a monster with attack/defense of 25 while I had no MP regen.

zarqon

@Fwoosh: Entangling Noodles would count as a stunner, yes. SS should have queued that, followed by flyers, followed by the hand mirror, followed by runaway. Of course, it never would have reached the runaway command. Since it didn't do that, there's evidently some kind of problem. Or maybe there only was a problem -- the last update contained some pretty significant bugfixes.

@lost: BMR's first post does mention that the stun menu appears too frequently at the moment. The appearance of that menu is not to be taken as a recommendation at the moment. 1.2 will be much more stingy with the stun menu, to the point where you could probably consider it a recommendation.

Fwoosh

psst,

Code:
You acquire an item: Order of the Silver Wossname
Victory! Veni, vidi, vici and all that stuff.

Ran the script on my main...
When i came back from the shower and saw that- My heart skipped a beat :D

A biiiiiiiiiiiig thanks to your script! Despite the hiccup with GMoB, OCW really does save ALOT of time and effort.

Zarqon, you da man! (...da Bat...King?)

Theraze

Another tweak to fix something that was bugging me.
+64 hippiesDefeated ( 992 / 1000 )
Step 9 adventures remaining: 1
You are on Frat-slaying pic 0.
You are on Hippy-slaying pic 30
Note that it actually shows how many adventures it will take, rather then saying I'm done because it won't take another full set. :)
Code:
   print("Step "+step+" adventures remaining: "+ceil(to_float(to_int(plan[step].checktext)-current)/(current-progressflag)),"maroon");
using ceil on floats to get it to round up properly. :)

Edit: Also need to change [castle] to [giant castle] or something similar to be able to acquire the chaos butterfly without location problems caused by the brushfire castle.

Last edited:

BigVinnie

I now have two Wossnames because of this script. Many thanks, zarqon!

I'm especially fond of the way that I can tweak and customize the warplans. The script is both useful and user-friendly! I'm amusing myself with some custom warplans to grab various rewards, farm heroes, and skip the bloody annoying Junkyard sidequest. :)

Getting an error here.

Code:
> call scripts\Wossname.ash

giant's castle
lord flameface's castle belfry
lord flameface's castle entryway
Multiple matches against castle.
Bad location value: "castle" (Wossname.ash, line 307)

This is a really cool script!

I have a question about warplans: I decided to set one up that gets exactly the rewards I want and finishes in the fastest time possible, which was simple except for one thing:

I can't figure out the significance of true/false in the warplans.....

I'm sure it's obvious and that I'm missing something, but...help?

Here's my plan, obviously with incorrect true/false values:

0 false sidequestOrchardCompleted hippy
1 false sidequestArenaCompleted fratboy
2 false sidequestLighthouseCompleted fratboy
3 false sidequestJunkyardCompleted fratboy
4 false hippiesDefeated 64
5 false sidequestOrchardCompleted fratboy
6 false hippiesDefeated 192
7 false sidequestNunsCompleted fratboy
8 false hippiesDefeated 1000

EDIT: because I had my numbers all cattywampus.

Last edited: