One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

Deathmax

Re: One-Click Wossname 1.1 -- automatic level 12 quest completion

Now I ran into the same problem again :'(
I ran out of adventures and then after I got more adventures, it couldn't complete step 9.'

EDIT : umm should the junkyard quest completed under hippy or frat boy? because the junkyard script a few topics down completed mine under hippy.
EDIT : now im stuck at step 11.
Code:
Progress determined. Current step: 11
Completing step 11 of 14...
Countdown: 5 seconds...
Countdown: 4 seconds...
Countdown: 3 seconds...
Countdown: 2 seconds...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Putting on War Hippy Fatigues...
Equipment changed.
Conditions list cleared.

vivica

I am having a problem right at the beginning of the script, I am running KolMafia 11.9 on Vista.

the gCLI output is:
Code:
> call scripts\Wossname.ash

Sending kmail to Zarqon...
battleAction => custom: default.ccs
Checking for outfits...
Starting the war...
Putting on Frat Warrior Fatigues...
Equipment changed.
Conditions list cleared.

I am using optimal.txt but the same thing happens if I use fastest.

zarqon

Deathmax and vivica >> The script was doing a blanket check if you have the item when adding conditions. Looks like that doesn't work in the case of "choiceadv" conditions. I've changed that, which hopefully solves your problem. Re-download and try again.

If you're using optimal, junkyard should be hippy. If you're using fastest, it should be fratboy.

Deathmax

Code:
Unknown variable 'previous_battleaction' (Wossname.ash, line 57)
:(
Using r5492.
Went to line 57,
Code:
// modified abort(), resets settings before aborting
void die(string die_message) {
#   set_property("customCombatScript",previous_ccs);
   set_property("battleAction",previous_battleaction);
   abort(die_message);
}
Tried
Code:
// modified abort(), resets settings before aborting
void die(string die_message) {
   set_property("customCombatScript",previous_ccs);
   set_property("battleAction",previous_battleaction);
   abort(die_message);
}
now
Code:
Unknown variable 'previous_ccs' (Wossname.ash, line 56)
Attempted to comment out that part of the code, then things are undefined.

vivica

I get the same error, though I am using the non-daily build from sourceforge

Code:
> call scripts\Wossname.ash

Unknown variable 'previous_battleaction' (Wossname.ash, line 57)

zarqon

Haha, oops. Moved a function up but forgot to move the variable declaration with it. Try again.

Paragon

During the lighthouse quest, on day x I tried to complete it and only got 3 of the 5 barrels of gun powder, on day x++, after getting two more of the barrels of gun powder It continued for a few adventures (until I noticed it and aborted) looking for three more barrels of gun powder.

Restarting the quest after manually turning in the gunpowder worked fine.

zarqon

Ok. Maybe this will solve some of the various issues people have been having. I had no problems when I ran the original script, so most of these issues are probably coming from changes made since the original version. In particular, the got_item() function and the new method of adding conditions seem to be problematic.

So I've eliminated those functions and written a new function obtain(int, string, location), which hopefully will eliminate a lot of these issues. Again, I'm not able to test it yet, but I'm working on it. I'm on level 5 in a softcore ascension with my main, working up to be able to test this script again, but I'm also farming lucre every day. Until I can test it again, continue to provide your helpful feedback. Thanks.

Update in first post.

dangerpin

I've been using previous versions of the script, I updated mid-use (which was probably ill-advised) and am getting the error

Code:
Progress determined. Current step: 9
Completing step 9 of 14...
Waiting completed.
Putting on War Hippy Fatigues...
Equipment changed.
Unable to complete step 9

Maybe you can enumerate what happens at each step so that I can help troubleshoot.

[EDIT] Ok, it looks like step 9 was the junkyard, which I finished as a hippy as I suppose I should. It seems to be working fine now.

zarqon

(@dangerpin: Actually, as long as your version of mafia has been 11.9 or higher since you started the level 12 quest, it shouldn't make a difference what version of OCW you use. OCW uses mafia's settings so it's pretty safe. It might hang or break but it will never give you a false positive.)

In case it helps anyone troubleshooting, the "optimal" plan uses the following steps:

0: Hippy - kill 1 fratboy
1: Hippy - Orchard sidequest
2: Fratboy - kill 1 hippy
3: Fratboy - Lighthouse sidequest
4: Fratboy - kill 194 more hippies (67 adventures' worth)
5: Fratboy - Nuns sidequest
6: Fratboy - kill 268 more hippies (67 adv.)
7: Fratboy - Mcmillicancuddy's Farm sidequest
8: Hippy - kill 194 more fratboys (67 adv.)
9: Hippy - Junkyard sidequest
10: Hippy - kill 268 more fratboys (67 adv.)
11: Hippy - Arena sidequest
12: Hippy - kill remaining fratboys up to 999
13: Fratboy - kill remaining hippies up to 999

Each sidequest has its own function which returns true if the sidequest[i]Questname[/i]Completed property is set to hippy or fratboy in the settings file (whichever is specified in the plan), something which mafia started doing in version 11.9. It will not return true unless the property is changed, so the function, after completing the sidequest, must do whatever makes mafia detect the sidequest completion.

No one has reported any errors with the battlefield, so all of that appears to be working correctly. But several people have had the problem you noted above with the junkyard sidequest. I'm not sure yet what causes it. I used izchak's original code, but I edited it pretty severely to simplify it (for example, I eliminated support for funkslinging and throwing flyers), so perhaps I introduced an error somewhere that only affects certain people.

kiltchdie

I've been using this script for about a week now.

I must say first and foremost, this script fcking Rocks.

However, I have noticed quite a few hiccups when completing side-quests.

I have been running this on multiple PCs, don't know if that helps at all, but I believe what you were trying to do is to make this script automatically check where you were at in the quest completion and follow up from there.

So, Right now I have a level 17 Turtle Tamer who was on the part of the quest where I was going for the bandits, however, when I attempted to run the script today, it stops at the lighthouse and says I need 5 more barrels of gunpowder to continue.

Also, as noted before, the Junkyard quest seems to need to be completed manually.

And I have not had one character be able to use this without having to manually complete the filthworm quest, it always stops and notifies that I need a filthworm hatchling scent gland to continue.

I'd be more than willing to help with this, just let me know how!

-Jason
An ancient MUD-scripter.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member

[quote author=kiltchdie link=topic=1395.msg6656#msg6656 date=1200443850]
I have been running this on multiple PCs, don't know if that helps at all, but I believe what you were trying to do is to make this script automatically check where you were at in the quest completion and follow up from there.
[/quote]
As I understand it, it "automatically checks where you were in quest completion" by looking at the preferences that KoLmafia saves on the computer you run KoLmafia from. If you run KoLmafia on multiple computers then it's no surprise that the preferences don't magically transfer from one computer to another.

kiltchdie

Well, I don't expect magic. I thought however, that it would detect where you were in the quest.

However, this is the result I get.

battleAction => custom: default.ccs
Verifying Wossname progress...
...verified step 0
...verified step 1
...verified step 2
Putting on Frat Warrior Fatigues...
Equipment changed.
You acquire 2 tequila grenades
You acquire an item: molotov cocktail cocktail
Progress determined. Current step: 3
Completing step 3 of 14...
Waiting completed.
Conditions list cleared.
You need 5 more barrel of gunpowder to continue.
battleAction => attack with weapon
Unable to complete step 3

It appears as if it goes to the lighthouse, then receives the reward, then prompts for the 5 barrels of gunpowder.

Is there any way to bypass a step in the quest?

kiltchdie

One more question, I've got a few characters I'm running this on, if I run it on each character every day would that mess up the progression of the quest? Assuming it saves data on the PC?

Also, I updated to Kmaf v12 whilst in the middle of all this.

Probably a bad idea. But still let me know how I can help :D

macman104

Each multi has it's own settings file so that should not be a problem. However, running on multiple PCs will because it uses properties in the settings file. If you want to bypass the issue, you can bring your settings folder wherever you go, and just replace it in the kolmafia directory before you use mafia.

kiltchdie

Haha, I deleted the entire KolMafia directory when I updated to v12.

Thus I am screwed, and stuck on step 5 for eternity?

kiltchdie

sidequestArenaCompleted=none
sidequestFarmCompleted=none
sidequestJunkyardCompleted=none
sidequestLighthouseCompleted=none
sidequestNunsCompleted=none
sidequestOrchardCompleted=hippy

Is this what I should be looking for in the preferences? :D i am overjoyed that I found it.

Also, I just ran this script on a fresh character, and no interruption, not even the filthworm one, until step 9.

That's just so awesome.

macman104

[quote author=kiltchdie link=topic=1395.msg6663#msg6663 date=1200452792]
Haha, I deleted the entire KolMafia directory when I updated to v12.

Thus I am screwed, and stuck on step 5 for eternity?
[/quote]That are you can manually edit the preferences the script uses to be correct. Otherwise you'll have to complete the quest yourself. I believe it also needs to know how many of the hippys and frats you've killed as well.

zarqon

Re: One-Click Wossname 1.2 -- automatic level 12 quest completion

Good news everyone: version 1.2! It so happens that I have two characters who arrived at the level 12 quest at the same time, one hardcore and one casual. So I've been running this script with both of them, doing some testing and bugfixing. I also recently discovered that you can declare functions within functions (subroutines) so I've rearranged things a bit to make it more memory-efficient.

I also rewrote the postwar item-trade-in function and added an option to automatically buy and autosell the 1000-meat-autosell item, effectively converting your war items to meat. The new option is at the top of the script. I haven't tested it yet, so let me know any errors you find.

Changes:
[*] Fixed the problem with the filthworm sidequest and the lighthouse stopping on required items. I'd been mistakenly using retrieve_item() on all items (even quest items), not knowing that if it couldn't get it it would break execution. So that shouldn't happen any more. Updated version worked for me with both characters.
[*] Added a change_to_meat option. If true (default), the script will use all your dimes and quarters after the war to get meat. It does this by maxbuying the item at each camp with an autosell value of 1000 meat, then selling them. It buys a few bombs if you have any leftover coins.
[*] Better postwar error checking, and improved flexibility for non-Wossname-getting warplans.
[*] Fixed some bugs with the fratboy side of the item tradein function.
[*] Functions that were merely subroutines of another function have been moved inside that function. This also reduced the number of global variables.

Sorry, but I didn't touch the junkyard yet, since neither of my characters are there yet. I'll get to that soon.

Properties Accessed by OCW

@kiltchdie and others -- the properties you should be concerned with are these, shown here with their initial values.

Code:
hippiesDefeated=0
fratboysDefeated=0
sidequestArenaCompleted=none
sidequestFarmCompleted=none
sidequestJunkyardCompleted=none
sidequestLighthouseCompleted=none
sidequestNunsCompleted=none
sidequestOrchardCompleted=none

If you have completed a sidequest, it should say "hippy" or "fratboy", the side you completed it on. The two xxxxxDefeated properties hold the number of each side you have slain (not the number of adventures spent!). Reference my above post of the optimal plan if you want to try repairing an incorrect settings file.

Some warnings:
[*] If you delete your settings file or run this script on a computer that does not have your most recent settings file, you're screwed unless you know what step you were on. Even so, if you were in the middle of a battlefield step and don't know what number you were on, you're probably still screwed.
[*] As macman104 and Veracity noted above, using the script with multiple characters is fine, but multiple computers is not, unless you first import your character's settings file.
[*] When I ascended (manually, because it wouldn't work within mafia), mafia did NOT reset those values. I reset them manually. So be careful before beginning the quest that these properties are reset to the initial values! I'll try to write some kind of "property reset" into the next version.

kiltchdie

Re: One-Click Wossname 1.2 -- automatic level 12 quest completion

Thank you much! :D I had the chance to go check out the settings file on the other pc I used, and I'll be trying like hell to get a silver wossname on at least one account today.

Thank you for this Awesome script Zarqon!