One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

dangerpin

Minor adjustments are going to need to be made to take out about 4 cases of = instead of ==. I had the line numbers set aside but accidently closed my notepad and it had scrolled off my CLI before I noticed.

zarqon

@dangerpin: Thanks for the heads-up. There's an update to be released shortly, but this will make me get in gear. I have refrained from issuing my current version because I fear a backlash from some users for some of the changes included. The script is smaller and a bit more streamlined, yet its usage is a little more complicated. (The main change that could cause an upset is that brigands and gremlins are left entirely to the CCS, so users could conceivably waste quite a few adventures on gremlins if they didn't pay attention to the instructions).

Also to be added: modification to obtaining outfits, since the recent extension of Ronin. OCW has until now assumed that most SC players were out of Ronin by the time of this quest. But now, more attention needs to be paid to not wasting pulls. You don't need to get the basic Frat/Hippy outfits in SC unless you can't get the corresponding war outfit.

Braska

Not sure why... but the script is no longer working for me at all. I ran it as soon as I received the level 12 quest, and it adventured until it obtained the War Frat outfit, but now it keep saying that it cannot equip the outfit. I've tried restarting mafia, running the script with the outfit already on, redownloading the script, and so far nothing has worked. It is still stuck on not being able to equip an outfit I already have.

Ethelred

Also to be added: modification to obtaining outfits, since the recent extension of Ronin. OCW has until now assumed that most SC players were out of Ronin by the time of this quest. But now, more attention needs to be paid to not wasting pulls. You don't need to get the basic Frat/Hippy outfits in SC unless you can't get the corresponding war outfit.

I think you misunderstand the change to ronin. It was not increased, but possibly decreased. Ronin never ends later than 1000 turns. But if you free the king earlier, say after 750 turns (in my dreams), that's the end of ronin. So ronin will never last longer, but may be shorter.

zarqon

Ha! You can tell I haven't been playing a lot lately. Well, that saves me a little work. Thanks for clarifying that.

tebee

Minor adjustments are going to need to be made to take out about 4 cases of = instead of ==. I had the line numbers set aside but accidently closed my notepad and it had scrolled off my CLI before I noticed.

Line numbers are

zarqon

That may be true for the currently posted version, but my version has differed from 1.4.3 for quite a while now... :)

I'll try to churn out an update this weekend. Wish me luck.

zarqon

As promised:

1.5 Major Update

The most important change that you need to be aware of is that gremlins are no longer handled by this script. Your CCS must properly stasis/magnet the gremlins, or you will waste many adventures killing gremlins without getting tools from them.

But you're in luck! SmartStasis handles gremlins, and much smarter than OCW did previously. If you prefer not to use SmartStasis for normal adventuring (although I can't see why not), it's also possible to use it only against gremlins.

OCW 1.5 Changes

• Reordered a few things to make main() smaller and move item turnin variables (that users might want to configure) closer to the top.
  • All of the warplans were moved out of the subdirectory -- I recommend putting them in your data directory. You can also delete any which you plan never to use.
  • Plan Maker.ash removed -- I don't know that anyone even looked at it. If necessary, documentation on warplan creation can be added to this thread.
  • Save server hits on war status detection using mafia properties.
  • Save a few server hits on item turnin using mafia properties.
  • Uneffect unwanted combat frequency modifiers before the relevant sidequests.
  • Gremlins, brigands, and GMOB are now all relegated to your CCS -- however, if you are using SmartStasis you'll be fine.
  • Don't abort, just exit. This one's for you, dj_d.
  • Added hobo monkey to bestfamiliars.txt
  • Allow for puttying lobsterfrogmen in CCS. Those of you with putty sheets can now experience markedly faster Lighthouse sidequest completion. Support for this has recently been added to both FTF and SmartStasis.
  • Removed prewar property reset - mafia seems to be robust about that now.
  • Fixed a few cases of = as a comparative operator, leftover from when I stole Miser's item turnin code.
  • A few other little code optimization tweaks here and there.

Enjoy! As always, report any issues here. There are a few aspects of this update which are untested, so I would appreciate feedback.

dj_d

w00t! Sounds like a great update, Z! I'm going to update the Ascend.ash bundle with this build.

update: what happened to fastest-fratonly warplan?

update to the update: multifarious. word of the week!

Last edited:

zarqon

@dj: "fastest-fratonly.txt" was identical to "frat-4-gamma.txt" and so was removed. Use frat-4-gamma for the fastest available quest completion using existing warplans.

Jojo Ironface

question - how to override the familiar selection?

Is it possible to override this script's familiar selection? If so, how?

Reason being is that I am trying to get the Tour Guide Trophies (#65 & #66) and I want to avoid using other familiars. I went in and deleted all the entries in the bestfamiliars.txt but it still went ahead and changed familiars when i ran the script?

Thanks
Jojo

zarqon

That's a simple matter. Open the script (in a text editor) and change the is_100_run variable from false to true.

StormCrow42

One small strange thing I've noticed. Why does OCW use reodorant when attempting to start the war? Shouldn't it be deodorant to speed up the non-combats? (not to mention that using reodorant eats up my preciously small supply before I get to the lighthouse).

Also, it would be nice if there were a per character setting for the 100% familiar run, as I have one character that is doing them and others that aren't. Occasionally their war runs overlap.

Last edited:

zarqon

Woops! That must have been a typo. I can't believe it's been that way for so long without any of us saying anything until now. Anyway, fixed.

Also, forgot to mention in the 1.5 updates, OCW will now also use rock salt if you have more of that than deodorant, but it won't pull it from storage.

NotJim

Hello, and thanks for the script!

One problem: I've installed SmartStasis 'as is' (as well as FTF), and it will not handle the gremlins correctly. Any ideas why?

StormCrow42

Hello, and thanks for the script!

One problem: I've installed SmartStasis 'as is' (as well as FTF), and it will not handle the gremlins correctly. Any ideas why?

Do you have your CCS configured to use it? Was Mafia set to use the CCS, as opposed to being set to a specific combat option?

zarqon

@NotJim: we need more information in order to help you. Show us the CLI output from a gremlin fight where SmartStasis does not handle gremlins correctly. I'd also recommend double-checking the installation instructions for SmartStasis.

NotJim

Good point, sorry!

CSS settings:

[ default ]
consult smartstasis.ash
skill shieldbutt

CLI output when handled incorrectly:
[810] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
Encounter: A.M.C. gremlin
Round 0: notjim wins initiative!
Round 1: notjim casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: notjim casts SHIELDBUTT!
Round 3: notjim casts SHIELDBUTT!
You gain 19 hit points
You gain 30 Mana Points
You gain 183 Meat
You gain 13 Fortitude
You gain 28 Wizardliness
You gain 10 Roguishness

[811] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
Encounter: batwinged gremlin
You gain 18 hit points
You gain 23 Mana Points
You gain 197 Meat
You gain 13 Muscleboundness
You gain 20 Enchantedness
You gain 15 Roguishness

[812] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
Encounter: batwinged gremlin
You gain 11 Mana Points
You gain 153 Meat
You gain 10 Strongness
You gain 27 Mysteriousness
You gain 13 Cheek

(note: the batwinged gremlin had the monster)

Also downloaded FTF in addition to SmartStasis, doublechecked the installation instructions listed there, nothing wrong there.

zarqon

That's kind of frustrating... assuming by "had the monster" you meant it had the tool. :)

Do you have mafia set to auto-entangle in your combat settings? If so, it almost looks like SmartStasis is not being called at all. Double-check your spelling in the CCS and make sure it matches the filename of the script (I say that only because we all make these mistakes from time to time). Then, out of curiosity, try this:

1) enter a combat from the relay browser, but do not continue the combat.
2) type "call smartstasis" into the CLI.
3) you might get an error. That would be good because it means we found the problem. Otherwise, enter "1" for initround, the name of the monster you're fighting for foe, and copy the page text into the box for url.
4) see if SmartStasis handles the combat. This works for me using the latest daily build of mafia and the latest posted versions of FTF and SmartStasis.

NotJim

That's kind of frustrating... assuming by "had the monster" you meant it had the tool. :)

Yeah, there was no proof that the monster didn't have the tool yet.

Do you have mafia set to auto-entangle in your combat settings? If so, it almost looks like SmartStasis is not being called at all. Double-check your spelling in the CCS and make sure it matches the filename of the script (I say that only because we all make these mistakes from time to time).

Nope, it was insulting pirates and puttying lobsterfrogmen before perfectly. And, yeah. :)

Then, out of curiosity, try this:

1) enter a combat from the relay browser, but do not continue the combat.
2) type "call smartstasis" into the CLI.
3) you might get an error. That would be good because it means we found the problem. Otherwise, enter "1" for initround, the name of the monster you're fighting for foe, and copy the page text into the box for url.
4) see if SmartStasis handles the combat. This works for me using the latest daily build of mafia and the latest posted versions of FTF and SmartStasis.

[1] Outskirts of The Knob
Encounter: sleeping Knob Goblin Guard

> call smartstasis

Round 2: notjim casts SAUCY SALVE!
You gain 14 hit points
Round 3: notjim casts SAUCY SALVE!
You gain 14 hit points
No stasis item found!

(When the script was completely failing, I had 2 spices in inventory, among other things)