New Content - Implemented New Challenge Path - Avatar of Boris

HasteBro

Mafia should check your gear (and maybe familiar) after you break the prism and choose which class to continue as. Trusty and Clancy both disappear after that.

EDIT: Actually, mafia doesn't seem to equip weapons or off-hands automatically after that as well (maximizing for example). Boris flag should be removed after breaking the prism.

EDIT 2: Bookcase also doesn't seem to be recognized:
Code:
Checking for updates (running libramBurn ver. 0.98)...
Running libramBurn version: 0.98 (current)
You have no libram skills

EDIT 3: Consumption limits resets, but Mafia still counts the +5 fullness from legendary appetite. Also, Azazel gives a Steel Margarita if you complete that quest after breaking the prism.

EDIT 4: Actually, refreshing the session gets rid of all this problems, any way to make it happen after choosing the class?

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
EDIT 4: Actually, refreshing the session gets rid of all this problems, any way to make it happen after choosing the class?
Known things to be done for Avatar of Boris support:
Freeing the king
- what to do with skills, terrarium, and so on?
"Any way to make it happen after choosing the class?"

Um, yeah. You could wait for code to be submitted to deal with this known issue that I called out earlier in this thread...

Revision 10565 attempts to refresh what is necessary after you choose your new class. Untested, since the RNG really hammered me today and left me in the Hedge Maze at the end of my turns. daycount++

Edir

Got a small feature request, hope you don't mind if I put it there - when talking to Clancy and he tells you he's ready to level up in a specific area...maybe put a link there?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Got a small feature request, hope you don't mind if I put it there - when talking to Clancy and he tells you he's ready to level up in a specific area...maybe put a link there?
Revision 10580 attempts to do this. Of course, without the HTML of the choice adventure result from talking to Clancy, I have no idea if it's correct. I'll be able to test it tomorrow with the Icy Peak - and a couple days later with the Pyramid.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
URLs we might want to log better:

da.php?whichtree=2&action=borisskill
You learned a new skill: Song of Accompaniment

main.php?action=clancy
Encounter: Your Minstrel Stamps
Took choice 573/1: unknown
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=573&option=1

plains.php?action=lutergrave
Encounter: The Luter

GValko

Can you make separate buttons for "use milk" and "glorious lunch" for the inventory manager's food consumption pane? It implies that both effects are mutually exclusive (they're not), and using milk in softcore is something that's recommended.

I ask because I've already had to tell two clannies that "yes, despite what Mafia is doing in the inventory manager, milk of magnesium stacks with Glorious Lunch."

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
In Hardcore, you will never need more than one button.
In Aftercore, you will never need more than one button.
The current button automatically adapts to whichever is applicable.

In Softcore Axecore, Got Milk lasts 5 rounds. If your max fullness is 30, you will need to pull six of them. Is that common?

I'm sorry, I'm not feeling too sympathetic about adding a second button (which you can't optionally show or get rid of without restarting) to cater to what seems like a niche usage. Nothing stops you from using milk via the CLI or the Inventory panel of the Item Manager. For that matter, I'm fairly sure that if you have Milk in inventory, KoLmafia will show in in the Food section. You can queue it and use it. All you are missing is the button.

Especially since I could not disagree more strongly about how the lack of a button "implies" that it doesn't stack with Glorious Lunch. It "implies" that the majority of Axecore players won't miss the Milk button, being either in Hardcore, or not choosing to pull multiple milks.

Catch-22

Hi Veracity,

This doesn't affect me, but I'm curious, is it possible to hide ThreadedListener extensions based on certain criteria?

Something like:
Code:
	private class GloriousLunchListener
		if ( KoLCharacter.hasSkill( "Song of the Glorious Lunch" ) extends ThreadedListener
	{
		protected void execute()
		{
			RequestThread.postRequest( UseSkillRequest.getInstance( "Song of the Glorious Lunch", 1 ) );
		}

public String toString()
		{
			return "glorious lunch";
		}
	}
but that doesn't look like valid code to me.. I haven't tried compiling it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I can choose to create the button or not based on whether you have the skill or not. It is possible to add buttons or remove them, with considerable hackery. But I have had no success at making Panels reliably change when you add or remove components; the "Containers" dropdown on the Gear Changer being my first attempt at same. We have an open bug report on that issue.

GValko

In Aftercore, you will never need more than one button.
The current button automatically adapts to whichever is applicable.

In Softcore Axecore, Got Milk lasts 5 rounds. If your max fullness is 30, you will need to pull six of them. Is that common?

I'm sorry, I'm not feeling too sympathetic about adding a second button (which you can't optionally show or get rid of without restarting) to cater to what seems like a niche usage. Nothing stops you from using milk via the CLI or the Inventory panel of the Item Manager. For that matter, I'm fairly sure that if you have Milk in inventory, KoLmafia will show in in the Food section. You can queue it and use it. All you are missing is the button.

Especially since I could not disagree more strongly about how the lack of a button "implies" that it doesn't stack with Glorious Lunch. It "implies" that the majority of Axecore players won't miss the Milk button, being either in Hardcore, or not choosing to pull multiple milks.

Jick said:
To prevent this change from stacking things even further in favor of Saucerors, Milk now gives a baseline of 10 turns of the effect instead of 5.

http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showpost.php?p=3760907&postcount=1

September 8th, 2010.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yada yada yada.

Was that intended to address the technical difficulty of having buttons dynamically appear/disappear? Or was it intended to argue with my statement that Hardcore Axecore players (like me) have absolutely no interest in milk?

If somebody with more Swing chops wants to tackle this, cool. Otherwise, I'm going to think no more about it.

GValko

So I'll take that as "Yes, I was wrong and there's a potential use for it, but I don't care enough to fix my mistake".

It's cool, I wasn't expecting it to go through immediately, just whenever someone cared enough to change it. If it's technically infeasible, so be it.

I'm glad I was at least able to teach you something about the game and how it's changed, though.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Snideness will serve you well. Not. You have irritated me. But, I'm sure other people will pay attention to you, so no great loss, eh?

Ethelred

Actually, you get 10 turns of got milk in Softcore Axecore, at least I did (and still am). Which has nothing to do with your button choices, just noting it for the record.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 10635 adds a fair bit of support for Clancy:

- When we look at the charpane, extract Clancy's level and instrument
- ASH functions: int minstrel_level() and item minstrel_instrument()
- In Axecore, the sidepane shows Clancy's instrument and level in place of familiar and weight.
- The sidepane provides a popup menu of available instruments and allows you to change his instrument
- Add the Minstrel Level modifier.
- Add "C" as a modifier expression code for current minstrel level
- Add completely bogus modifiers for Clancy's instruments:

Clancy's sackbut: HP Regen Min: [C], HP Regen Max: [C*2], MP Regen Min: [C], MP Regen Max: [C*2]
Clancy's crumhorn: Volleyball: [C]
Clancy's lute: Fairy: [C]

So: Clancy with a lute is like a Fairy of weight equal to his level, and so on. Eventually, the REAL mapping of Minstrel Level to effective familiar weight will be spaded and we can correct those expressions.

Theraze

According to KoL Spading, it appears that Clancy is likely level*5 of whatever type. So that would probably improve mafia's data by a bit...

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just saw that myself and Revision 10640 does that for the lute and crumhorn.

I do not believe that is true for the sackbut; at Level 8, using the Wiki's formula, that would mean 22-45 HP and MP healed per battle.

Winterbay

I just saw that myself and Revision 10640 does that for the lute and crumhorn.

I do not believe that is true for the sackbut; at Level 8, using the Wiki's formula, that would mean 22-45 HP and MP healed per battle.

Seeing as it works 100% of the time would it make sense if it was 2.5 times instead for the ghoul-part? That would make it equal to times 5 in every other fight. I have no idea if the numbers would match up for that though.

Theraze

In my personal experience, it's seemed like it's actually clancy weight*5 on the whelp and then the final on low is halved and the high is trebled... That would make it 10/4 (2) to 10/3 (3) as the initial range, with level 2 clancy being 15/4 (3) to 15/3 (5), and level 3 clancy being 20/4 (5) to 20/3 (6)... Eh, it doesn't hold out. :) Getting up to gains of 8 on level 3 Clancy sackbutt. But it works perfectly on level 1 and 2. :)

This is why we have the KoL Spading forum and let them methodically check through things. Though, if they use mafia, now at least they'll be able to track what Clancy's level and instrument are against their results.