Feature - Rejected highlight more then one thing in food, booze, and spleen

mad dudy

well the title say it all
no reason why we shouldn't be able to highlight more then one thing.
i know everything i'm going to eat/drink/spleen. the queue option would still make me have to pick one thing at a time then hit queue and then another thing, then finally eat it. if i did that i might as well hit consume one at a time for each thing i'm eating.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
no reason why we shouldn't be able to highlight more then one thing.
Sure about that?

You can have limited quantities of ingredients and conflicting concoctions that use those ingredients. As you queue each item, it adjusts the available amounts of remaining items to compensate for the resources - ingredients, Meat, crafting turns, still usages, whatever - that it would take to create the item. This can make other concoctions no longer possible.

For example, if I have one boxed wine and the correct mixers to make two different drinks that use boxed wine, as soon as I queue one of them, the other is no longer possible and no longer appears on the list of available items.

If we adopted your suggestion, we'd have to check whether you selected a possible combination and, presumably, reject them all, if you were overcommitting resources.

if i did that i might as well hit consume one at a time for each thing i'm eating.
You are welcome to think that. There are people who disable the queue and do that. Personally, I like to use the queue for planning: I speculatively queue something I want and see what it does to my list of available concoctions. I will frequently dequeue one or more items and queue something else, until I have selected everything that I want to make using the ingredients I have available.

I reject this feature request.