XD really stupid question here.

iain7

how do daily builds work? and how do you use them? im new to this whole "technology" thing...

nah im joking about the last bit, but you get the picture.

stanley

1) a member of the dev team posts changes to mafia source code, but not changing so much as to cause a full release, and perhaps introducing unforeseen complications
2) a kindhearted person compiles this new code as a .jar file on a roughly daily basis (assuming any changes have been posted, and the person doing the compiling has the time and gumption to do so)
3) said person makes this interstitial "release" available to the public and someone like you downloads it, knowing full well that it is not a vetted full-release.
4) repeat for duration dev team is interested in continuing developing the project

dangerpin

Using them: They are a jar file and are opened with java. In windows, if you download them and have java associated with the .jar file type it will just open as if it were the executable version.

rainacake

While we're at it, where is the best place to open it from in OS X? I'd been putting it in with the application support folder in order to keep the settings, but lately have been getting so many errors (mostly with hp/mp recovery and item switching) I'm afraid I must be doing something wrong..

Thank you for making all these builds :)

Malice

I know this is a really old thread but am hopeful. I know is still a stupid question but i couldn't see any threads for it, where would the files be downloaded from?