Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Crowther

How much ML are you running? That would be my first guess, as that's exactly 92% of the expected damage.
I didn't log that, since it didn't effect the damage, but I was boasting it to get the pygmy's HP higher. I'm believe you are right. BatBrain believes that since it's physical damage, they'll resist part of it, but they actually don't. I'm sure there's some way to flag that.

Oh, and I forgot we're in the wrong thread!

EDIT: Let me double check to make sure ML doesn't change things.

EDIT2: +465 ML and the damage calculation no change to the damage in KoL, so physical resistance doesn't seem to apply to calculator damage.

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

I've had this issue for some time, months, but keep forgetting to mention it here, WHAM isn't able to handle combats with the groups that result from visiting the Registration Desk. WHAM just informs me that I'm on my own.

Any ideas?

Crowther

I've had this issue for some time, months, but keep forgetting to mention it here, WHAM isn't able to handle combats with the groups that result from visiting the Registration Desk. WHAM just informs me that I'm on my own.

Any ideas?
Odd. I've used WHAM to handle these combats. I did so even a few days ago.

Magus_Prime

It's going to be a month before I ascend but I'll try to remember to run at a high debug level the next time around. At least I now know it's something specific to my system or character equipment.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
So here's the run down on the short calculator. It only works on pygmies. I tried it on a spirit just in case, but no.

I just used a short calculator against a gremlin. 202 -> 74 HP; said -128. Are you sure that it's not just a "boss" flag?

The reason WHAM has trouble handling the contestants is Batbrain returns 0 - 3 damage for sauce/pasta spells (and maybe something similar for other skills) even though they seem to do normal damage.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Mine crab - any chance there could be better support? Even if it just colored the options that were less than 30 expected damage that would be an improvement. Thank you.

Related, but off topic, is there a way to make a CCS that uses double handed funk slinging to use either two of the same item or two different items? My attempt to make a mine crab entry that used plot holes failed because it only use one at a time and ran into the round limit.

Theraze

My WHAM CCS section for the mine crabs is this:
Code:
[ mine crab ]
special action
stun
item Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot, Miniborg Destroy-O-Bot

Winterbay

Mine crab - any chance there could be better support? Even if it just colored the options that were less than 30 expected damage that would be an improvement. Thank you.

Related, but off topic, is there a way to make a CCS that uses double handed funk slinging to use either two of the same item or two different items? My attempt to make a mine crab entry that used plot holes failed because it only use one at a time and ran into the round limit.

I've tried. Believe me I've tried. But all attempts at special code for the crab failed for unknown reasons (I have a multi who, whem I had time to play, was underwater most of the time). If someone can come up with a foid way of actually getting the desfroyobots to work (I believe that's what I resorted to as well) or code to actually pick one of the ones that work that'd be very appreciated :)

Crowther

I've tried. Believe me I've tried. But all attempts at special code for the crab failed for unknown reasons (I have a multi who, whem I had time to play, was underwater most of the time). If someone can come up with a foid way of actually getting the desfroyobots to work (I believe that's what I resorted to as well) or code to actually pick one of the ones that work that'd be very appreciated :)
Another froyobot is the new Barrelmech.

Capn

Not sure if this is a WHAM issue or a snowman issue, but WHAM seems to be having trouble with X-32-F Snowman in the Snojo in build 16590.
For several combats it would "Running SmartStasis" then abort.
So i ran a different CSS for a bit, then ran WHAM in Dread with no issue. I went back to the Snojo, and it lost while trying to 1-shot the snowman (about 20ish advs tall at that point.)

Valliant

I've had the same issue there. On verbosity 9:

Code:
[898] The X-32-F Combat Training Snowman
Encounter: the X-32-F Combat Training Snowman
Strategy: C:\Users\NAME\KolMafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: NAME wins initiative!
1 HP costs 0.826μ. ( 252 / 252 )
1 MP costs 4.13μ. ( 265 / 531 )
WHAM: We currently think that the round number is: 0 and that the turn number is 897.
WHAM: Checking to see if WHAM sould adjust the unknown_ml for X-32-F Combat Training Snowman.
WHAM: No need to do anything with X-32-F Combat Training Snowman.
WHAM: Setting up variables via BatBrain
Setting monster to X-32-F Combat Training Snowman...
Value of stat gain: 33.15μ
Base round: damage, player damage, 0 meat
ATT: 11 (6% × (0.35), death in 252)
DEF: 11 (95.45% × 171.72, win in 1)
HP: 11, Value: 33.15 μ, RES: 0.04 (-1) (1) (-1), Happenings: 2, ID: 0
Parsed round number: 0 (real: 1)
WHAM: We currently think that the round number is: 31 and that the turn number is 897.
WHAM: Current MP = 265 out of 531.
WHAM: You have no profitable MP restoratives.
WHAM: Current HP = 252 out of 252.
WHAM: You have no profitable HP restoratives.
WHAM: You are fighting a X-32-F Combat Training Snowman. Mafia considers that this monster has an attack of 11 or 11 when given a monster name.
WHAM: Mafia further considers that this monster has a defense value of 11 or 11 when given a monster name.
WHAM: Mafia further further considers that this monster has a HP value of 11 or 11 when given a monster name.
WHAM: Your current ML-adjustment is: 10.
WHAM: You have muscle = 162, mysticality = 239, and moxie = 187
WHAM: Monster HP is 11.0.
WHAM: WHAM added the following to BatRound: if pastround 24; abort "Stopping fight because it has gone on for too long (set WHAM_maxround to a higher value if you think this was in error)"; endif; 
Events created: attack
WHAM: No valid attack options (Best option, '', not good enough)
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
Profit per round: ActionProfitDamageOtherbase (0μ)0μ--
Building custom WHAM actions...
Custom WHAM actions built! (0 actions)
Skipping since it is not ok.
This monster is not your huckleberry.
Stasis loop complete.
WHAM: SmartStasis complete.
WHAM: Running SmartStasis took 0.10 seconds.
WHAM: SS has finished the fight. Aborting script execution. 
You're on your own, partner.

I couldn't say what the issue is, but hopefully someone else can.

EDIT: Curiously, I had the same trouble in the deep machine tunnels during one of my free fights there. Two perfectly fine fights, and then:

Code:
1 HP costs 0.826μ. ( 255 / 255 )
1 MP costs 4.13μ. ( 536 / 536 )
WHAM: We currently think that the round number is: 0 and that the turn number is 898.
WHAM: Checking to see if WHAM sould adjust the unknown_ml for Thinker of Thoughts.
WHAM: No need to do anything with Thinker of Thoughts.
WHAM: Setting up variables via BatBrain
Setting monster to Thinker of Thoughts...
Value of stat gain: 415.63μ
ATT: 190 (60.5% × 13.15, death in 33)
DEF: 165 (48.07% × 20.72, win in 13)
HP: 123, Value: 415.63 μ, RES: 0, Happenings: 4, ID: 1860
Info: mafia's monster name 'Thinker of Thoughts' does not match KoL's monster name 'Considerer of Meanings'.
Parsed round number: 0 (real: 1)
WHAM: We currently think that the round number is: 31 and that the turn number is 898.
WHAM: Current MP = 536 out of 536.
WHAM: You have no profitable MP restoratives.
WHAM: Current HP = 255 out of 255.
WHAM: You have no profitable HP restoratives.
WHAM: You are fighting a Thinker of Thoughts. Mafia considers that this monster has an attack of 190 or 190 when given a monster name.
WHAM: Mafia further considers that this monster has a defense value of 165 or 165 when given a monster name.
WHAM: Mafia further further considers that this monster has a HP value of 123 or 123 when given a monster name.
WHAM: Your current ML-adjustment is: 0.
WHAM: You have muscle = 164, mysticality = 241, and moxie = 189
WHAM: Monster HP is 123.0.
WHAM: WHAM added the following to BatRound: if pastround 24; abort "Stopping fight because it has gone on for too long (set WHAM_maxround to a higher value if you think this was in error)"; endif; 
Events created: attack
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
Profit per round: ActionProfitDamageOtherbase (0μ)0μ--
Building custom WHAM actions...
Custom WHAM actions built! (0 actions)
Skipping since it is not ok.
This monster is not your huckleberry.
Stasis loop complete.
WHAM: SmartStasis complete.
WHAM: Running SmartStasis took 0.06 seconds.
WHAM: SS has finished the fight. Aborting script execution. 
You're on your own, partner.

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

Today's change to Batman broke WHAM. To unbreak it edit WHAM.ash and change the word "turncount" to "cid" on two lines: 374 and 1361

Last edited: