Bug relay browser fight page seems broken

I just updated my client to r10212 and fighting seems broken using relay browser. combat action bar isn't working and neither is the "old combat" section. I am able to open the mini-browser and complete my combat, then refresh my relay browser and i can function again. non-combats are working fine (I happen to be in the hidden city right now, if that's pertinent to the discussion)

I reverted to the version i was using before i updated (r10197) and it's working, so maybe something in between broke it?

Theraze

This is the same issue that many of us still experience noted both here:
http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?6718-Intermittent-issue-with-Relay-Adventuring
and here:
http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?7...-countine-in-the-relay-browser-quot-in-combat

The main cause (at least, for me) appears to be having a CCS script that does multiple series of calculations and aborts, though it happens more for bosses. SmartStasis, DAM, and the smarter SpamAttack scripts that check if a kill is workable all can cause this. The workaround is, as you said, completing the combat (or series of combats, for Ed, NS, and nemesis) in the minibrowser and then the relay browser works properly again.

And yes, I experienced it two days ago again. I could experience it in 5 minutes if I automatically start the fight with the Big Wisniewski (through the Wossman script) instead of doing it completely in the relay browser...

sorry, missed those other threads, probably because i hadn't noticed it until i upgraded and thought it was a very recent thing.

As an added data point, mine was failing trying to kill a boaraffe, so it's not just bosses for me.

Last edited:

Theraze

It's anytime the script fails to complete the fight, in some specific way. I've gotten it on bosses and not, it's just that I knew that without manually fighting the boss, it was going to end in a loss. Or at least, a much more difficult fight.

Winterbay

The problem is that it doesn't show up every time. I have my script fail to kill bosses (and other monsters) from time to time and sometimes this happens but mostly it doesn't which is irritating from a debugging point of view.

Theraze

Which reminds me... I should really turn on debugging for the boss fight in about 5-10 minutes and let it fail once, see if it causes the bug. The log will be huge, since it'll trigger from Wossname into boss, but... I'll take care of the selling and so forth before the debug. :)

If it finishes... I've been waiting about 5 minutes so far for it to run the first round. Gah.

Edit: Still waiting. 317mb later. But it's figured out what my familiar is. So that's something, at least.

Edit2: 643mb and it now knows I'll die in 10 rounds and kill tBW in 106 rounds of attacking. Believe that it's also skipped Smart Stasis at this point. Guessing the log will be useless whenever done, but... might be able to check what the last line is, if it hasn't idled out in the time it's waiting.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Yeah, I tried that once with spamattack and... let's just say that the log was so big I didn't even want to start to look at what the heck was going on :)

Theraze

Yeah, ended up at 1.6 gigs, which I would totally have checked... except that it also includes 8 hours of failed "Redirected to a fight page" logins. I'm guessing on the 8 hours... it was into calculating round one when I went to sleep at 10 something, and it only managed to cast entangling noodles before aborting. After making mafia completely exit (since trying to log into vanilla KoL when mafia is in a fight page loop gives invalid session IDs), I manually completed the fight with a bunch of sauce waves, so... eh, I have a few more characters that could try. But if the logfiles are all going to be in that range where mafia idles out before the combat finishes logging, there's no real sense, since knowing what's broken because of logging out and what's broken because it's the bug is going to be somewhat difficult when I can't post the whole thing.

Theraze

Well, here's another one after it was already stuck from a different character... First, the gCLI output:
Encounter: The Man
Round 0: Belmow wins initiative!
Factoring in Scarysauce: (6) damage, retal
Profit per round: ActionProfitDamageOtherbase; Tickle-Me Emilio (4.95μ)20.88μ2.64 (-1.87 μ/dmg)Att: -0.85 (-0.28 DPR) Def: -0.85 HP: 3.3 MP: 3.3
Run SmartStasis! (-2 profit to stasis with spectre scepter -- low)
Monster: The Man, ATT: 255, DEF: 333, HP: 2,000, Value: 5,605.74
You will die in 5 rounds.
Your attack will kill the monster in 113 rounds.
DestroyAllMonsters starts now! (0mp option Salsaball -- killrounds: 88, dierounds: 5)
DestroyAllMonsters is unable to figure out a useful combat strategy
Round 1: Belmow executes a macro!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
DestroyAllMonsters starts now! (0mp option Salsaball -- killrounds: 88, dierounds: 5)
DestroyAllMonsters is unable to figure out a useful combat strategy
Round 2: Belmow executes a macro!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 1
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.
And attached is the debug from clicking on the "Click here" section. Maybe someone will see something relevant.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20120111.txt
    18.3 KB · Views: 552