TheSea.ash - Automated Underwater Quests

Kaylessa

Hello,

Firstly, thanks for writing this. I used it quite successfully as a Disco Bandit. However, I must have made some configuration change as this time around memorization is taking quite a bit longer and I keep getting prompted to buy snack shack vouchers/nightstalker perfume. Is there a way to disable having it ask for these items? I tried simply turning off gladiator memorization but then it simply did nothing. I'll edit this with my variables as soon as I can figure out how to get them. I saw it somewhere earlier in the thread... Ah "zlib vars"

Here we go:
Code:
zlib seafloor_abyssEquipment = 1
zlib seafloor_automateGladiators = true
zlib seafloor_bootQuest = 0
zlib seafloor_buyBoot = false
zlib seafloor_buySkateBoard = true
zlib seafloor_buySkateMap = true
zlib seafloor_closetMeat = -1
zlib seafloor_faxNeptune = true
zlib seafloor_getHelmet = 1
zlib seafloor_getSushiMat = 0
zlib seafloor_grandpaChat = 1
zlib seafloor_maximizeString =
zlib seafloor_monkeeAscension = 3
zlib seafloor_monkeeQuest = 5
zlib seafloor_monkeeStep = 5
zlib seafloor_outfit =
zlib seafloor_outfitQuest = 1
zlib seafloor_skateQuest = 0
zlib seafloor_unlockTrophyfish = false

Last edited:

Theraze

Turn off automateGladiators and possibly outfitQuest if you don't want it to try to complete them automatically for you. If you want it to buy the items, you'll need to turn on automated mallbuying.

Valliant

I've found an issue with this script which is part of a larger issue within KOL Mafia regarding the doghouse. The script stops in the class specific area when looking for Grampa, because it finds a choice adventure and thinks that it's time to move on. However, it's just the dog with its tennis ball, or whatever.

Theraze

Actually, it tries for up to 5 choice adventures in the zone, though it only needs 3. So if you end up getting two choice adventures that are unrelated, then you'll just need to relaunch the script and it will give it another 5 attempts. I don't expect to change this though since it works fine and you can just relaunch the script to try again if you still have adventures left.

LordAo

I've browsed the thread, so if I missed this being answered, apologies. Is there a way to use this quest to unlock the Coral Corral? I've spent 4,000+ turns trying to get it to give me the choice in the Outpost, and it won't fire. Suggestions are always welcomed. Thanks!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I've browsed the thread, so if I missed this being answered, apologies. Is there a way to use this quest to unlock the Coral Corral? I've spent 4,000+ turns trying to get it to give me the choice in the Outpost, and it won't fire. Suggestions are always welcomed. Thanks!

It does and it has done so for me. Taming the sea horse is not done, however. The obvious questions concern the various settings the script uses and whether they have been set properly. Hopefully someone who knows what those settings are will chime in before I have to go look at the script myself ;-)

That particular adventure requires noncombat modifiers to be active to even have a chance to show up. The lower your combat rate the greater its chance of occurring is.

Ferdawoon

Something to mention is, for me the script failed horribly after doing the gear Maximization.
Solution was to find and replace faxbot with FaustBot or any other similar function.

Theraze

There's some newer built-into-mafia faxbot code. I should update the script to use that for its two attempts instead. Guess I don't close this tab just yet.

Theraze

Okay, r40 now has the mafia faxbot code which should work better. Let me know though... while it passes validation, I still have never faxed.

General_Herpes

I'm receiving the following error with the latest copy of TheSea.ash and kolmafia build:
Function 'getvars( string )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (TheSea.ash, line 306)

I noticed there is a typo on that function. It should be getvar rather than getvars. There were two instances of this typo. Once I replaced getvars with getvar it worked.

naturalog

Has anyone had the problem with this script where after running it they get the message

Internal checkpoint created.
Unrecognized keyword: false

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but to no avail. Any suggestions for what might fix it? Thanks!

Takato

Bad skill value: "torso awaregness" (TheSea.ash, line 466)

This keeps popping up in the script. Can anyone help me out?

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
KoL updated the skill name to "torso awareness"

You can wait for the script owner to update, or you can globally search and replace "torso awaregness" with "torso awareness".

Hison

KoL updated the skill name to "torso awareness"

You can wait for the script owner to update, or you can globally search and replace "torso awaregness" with "torso awareness".
What would be the most stress free way to do that?