Thread: CNCS (Custom Non-Combat Script)

Default CNCS (Custom Non-Combat Script)

Is there any way to do this? I know you can set choice adventures via the drop-downs, however, I'd like something more robust. For instance, I'd like a way to choose the fudge wasps 3 times and then switch to super-heated fudge ONLY if my remaining turns of Stop and Smell the Fudge (fudge lily choice) are greater than my_adventures(), otherwise choose the fudge lily until I have enough. Now this case is Crimbo specific, but I have been thinking about this for a while now and Crimbo just gave me a good reason to investigate this further.

Where this all stems from, is, I recently wrote my own adventureX() wherein I completely handle the fight using visit_url() and go through the rounds with "fight.php". This was partly to see if I could do it, but more so to have complete control over what is going on. In any case, when I parse the results to detect whether I was given a combat or non-combat, I don't want to be responsible for handling all of the non-combats in the game; that's what mafia devs do (update and handle the list). Once I parse out that I was given a non-combat, if it is not one that I care about, I would like to dump control to mafia to hadle the non-combat choices based on the pre-sets. However, I would need control back once it is handled. I could just call adventure(1, loc) and let mafia handle the choices. But that really sucks because 95% of the time I won't care what the non-combats are and I'd be hitting the server twice for each unwanted non-combat.

So, back to my original question. Is there a way to have a 'Custom Non-Combat Script' to preempt the non-combat choice handling where I could check to see if it is a non-combat I cared about, set my choices how I want them, then dump control back to mafia?

You can use a betweenBattleScript or a script in your mood to dynamically change the choiceAdventure### values depending on your character's circumstances or the number of times you've fought fudge wasps. Check zarqon's BestBetweenBattle to see how to do this.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Just don't forget, a Between Battle Script will never fire during manual adventuring. For that, you'd have to call a script in your mood.
    Before you ask, please check the FAQ.
    Veracity: My "humble opinion" trumps your "humble opinion". IMHO.

Developer

Perhaps you could use your adventureX() function in combination with the choice CLI command JasonHarper added in r10025.
    Try the Nemesis Quest Script or the FamiliarFeeder interface.
    *shakes KoLMafia tech support magic 8-ball* Update mafia to the latest daily .JAR!
    NEW Dad ASCENSION STARTED 20120730
    ------------------------------
    Welcome to Parenthood, Noob

Doesn't having the "Show in Browser" message come up involve an abort, so if your script hits there, it will stop running? I seem to recall that behaviour when queuing up multiple items and having a manual choiceadv come up before the next item did...

Edit: Also, was just noticing... this thread is in the CCS section. Should probably be moved by a minion to Scripting Discussion?
    Last edited by Theraze; 12-18-2011 at 06:27 PM.