Bug - Fixed "Add a status line to independent windows" causing Main Interface drawing issue

Sary

"Add a status line to independent windows" causing Main Interface drawing issue

If "Add a status line to independent windows" is checked, when opened the Main Interface window will be very small, with a status line covering the first few toolbar buttons.

Issue was not present in builds 10068 and earlier, started in build 10071 and persisted in builds released since (up to 10077). Checked all using a mac (changing look and feel does not resolve the issue), Clannie checked using 10074 and a Windows 7 computer and also experienced the issue.

As far as I can tell, the Main interface shouldn't have a status line at all, so I am using the following work around:
1. Open preferences, uncheck the "Add a status line" box
2. Close main window, open it again by going to General -> Adventure
3. Check the "Add a status line" box, and close preferences.

This results in other windows like meat manager, etc. having a status line (which draw correctly, even when the main window does not), and the Main Interface appearing and behaving as expected.

Screen shot is attached, note there are 2 instances running. The one in the background, the Main Interface was opened when the status line box was /unchecked/ (and thus appears correctly), and the tiny one in the foreground was opened with the box checked (and is resultantly tiny).

Let me know if you need more information, I'll check back here periodically, but I'll be in game so it may be quicker/easier to shoot me a pm or a kmail there (Sary (#1384581))

Attachments

• problem.png
    problem.png
    495.2 KB · Views: 87

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I saw just about the same thing on Windows 7. I unchecked "Add a status line to independent windows" and the status line that obscured menu items and buttons went away. I don't Startup anything as Window and my Startup in Tabs are Adventure, Item Manager, Gear Changer, Purchases and Graphical CLI.

OP had a point. The main desktop window has the status line built in and so it doesn't need another one.