New Content - Implemented Advent 2011

Rahmuss

Is there a way to get Mafia to punch the advent calendar for me so that I don't forget to do that myself? Not lazy, just forgetful sometimes.

Bale

Minion
Yes. Create a loginScript and put the following lines in your script:

PHP:
// Check advent Calendar in December!
if(substring(today_to_string(), 4, 6) == "12") {
	string advent = visit_url("campground.php?action=advent");
	while(advent.contains_text("left to punch out right now"))
		 advent = visit_url("campground.php?preaction=openadvent");
}

Last edited:

Rahmuss

Bale,
Could I also use a CLI text file and put something like
Code:
visit_url campground.php?preaction=openadvent
As long as I have exactly one advent calendar to be punched?

EDIT: Nice, it looks like even if you put more visits than you have punches left mafia doesn't complain it just ignores the extra ones. Thanks for the quick response and great info.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
In a CLI script, you can do directly
Code:
campground.php?preaction=openadvent
although that might print the page in the gCLI.

If you want to avoid that, you'll have to use ASH:
Code:
ashq visit_url( "campground.php?preaction=openadvent" );

Theraze

I use this alias that somebody posted a year or two back:
alias advent => ashq if(substring(today_to_string(), 4, 6) == "12") { string advent = visit_url("campground.php?action=advent"); while(advent.contains_text("left to punch out right now")) advent = visit_url("campground.php?preaction=openadvent"); }
Basically, if it's December, visit the advent calendar. As long as there are remaining punches left, keep punching until they're all done.

Theraze

Today's new advent item/monster changes choice 2 in fudge mountain into a 3-times a day "swarm of fudgewasps" fight. Fudge wasps appear to be somewhere around 60 main substats, so that would be ~240 attack, right?

Last edited:

Winterbay

It may, but my AT with a buffed moxie of 430 got hit for 50 every round which indicates a lot higher despite the fact that I only got 50 mainstat.

slyz

Developer
r10111 (r23?) adds the Swarm of fudgewasps and the _fudgeWaspFights preference. _fudgeWaspFights is incremented each time you fight fudgewasps after taking choice 2 in the fudge mountain choice adventure.

Cfw_Master

When I use the latest updates for KolMafia, the candy mountain adventures are there, but not the choice adventures. Everytime I reach a choice adventure, it says manual control requested, even though I don't see it in the zone for choice adventures. Anyone have this problem/know the solution?

Cfw_Master

Which revision are you using exactly?

I'm using the KolMafia.exe from last weekend, and extracted the 10100 jar file into the same folder. So I should have all of the released content up to the 10100, right? But I don't have the choice adventures for either of the candy locations.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm using the KolMafia.exe from last weekend, and extracted the 10100 jar file into the same folder. So I should have all of the released content up to the 10100, right? But I don't have the choice adventures for either of the candy locations.
You are either running the KoLmafia.exe from last weekend or you are running the KoLmafia r10100 jar file. I don't know what it means to "extract" the 10100 jar file. At a guess, perhaps it means that you pulled the data files out of it.

If that is the case, it sounds like you are running the old .exe file with the newer data files as, essentially, overrides. Choice adventures do not appear in data files. They are hard-coded into the executable. Therefore, if you are running a week-old .exe file, there is no surprise that you do not have code modifications submitted later.

You should never "extract" a .jar file. You should simply execute it; every system - Windows, Mac, or Linux - can do that. Where did you read that you were supposed to "extract" a jar file? We need to quash that suggestion ASAP, since it's simply wrong.

Bullson

I know it's trivial but could you please add the plural "Fudge Lillies"?
Thank you very much. Love you long time.

would be awesome if the choice adventure for fudgewasps was something like how haunted house worked, ie: "fight fudgewasps or fudge lily" choosing to fight if the counter indicated fights were still avail.

GValko

Yet even more fudge

Choice #4 of Fudge Mountain Breakdown now yields an item.

Unknown item found: superheated fudge (5437, 177390730)
--------------------
5437 superheated fudge none all 0
5437 177390730 hotfudge.gif superheated fudge
# superheated fudge
--------------------
You acquire an item: superheated fudge

Can be cooked together with a scrumdiddlyumptious solution (needs Way of Sauce) to make

Unknown item found: fluid of fudge-finding (5438, 903909397)
--------------------
5438 fluid of fudge-finding usable all 0
5438 903909397 potion5.gif fluid of fudge-finding
fluid of fudge-finding Effect: "Fudgehound", Effect Duration: 5
--------------------
--------------------
0 Fudgehound 838c3bdf8bf8e46adec2cb6663ac861b use 1 fluid of fudge-finding
# Fudgehound: Find 50% more Fudge
--------------------

MORE FUDGE