Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Destroy All Monsters

It does not attack Procrastination giants because it does not want to attract the annoying effect it can give you if you do, and so it falls back to other options which are apparently no good at the moment. I guess it could iterate down to a skill that will work for a low cost, but 0 is probably going to be hard to beat... (and leads you into SpamAttack's territory of being slowed down by too many options).
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit
    Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Scripts maintained by me:
    Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.
    The man came back with 6 bottles of milk.
    Wife: Why did you buy 6 bottles of milk.
    Man: Because they had eggs...

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard

0 is fine if it works. Using Weapon or Fettucini to one hit it would have been fine as well. Deciding that 0 is best value and then eliminating it and quitting is not optimal behaviour.

Wow, this sounds awesome! Going to give a whirl soon.

You can follow me on twitter @fewyn

0 is fine if it works. Using Weapon or Fettucini to one hit it would have been fine as well. Deciding that 0 is best value and then eliminating it and quitting is not optimal behaviour.
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post
    Definitely not. Found the problem and I think I fixed it. Give the new build a whirl.

New Version!
    Download 0.3.1 beta from the first post.

Edit: Let's try that again....

New Version!
    Download 0.3.1.1 beta from the first post.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

How would you want that expressed, considering that not every fight is limited to 30 rounds? Several monsters let you go 50 rounds. Should the variable be failsafeRounds?
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    Yeah, basically so the hardcore testers like myself can set it to zero and entrust the full amount of rounds to DAM or for people who want to be a bit careful, you can allow a specified amount of rounds at the end. Maybe cushionRounds or safetyMargin, I dunno

Done. (Already added to my local copy.) Next time I update the version it will include a variable at the top called safetyMargin. I'm not making it a zlib variable, at least for now.

Thanks Bale

So I did a bit of reading and as lostcalpolydude has said, the HP variance is sort of capped at 5.

Although "Variance has a triangular distribution (that is, you are much more likely to see 0 than -5 or 5)." seems to suggest that it should more often than not be a pretty good estimation of HP, which doesn't really explain Theraze's woes, perhaps she was just extraordinarily unlucky. If there's only a difference of 5hp at most, then you'd think it very unlikely that the battle would end exactly within that 1-4 HP remaining range. Perhaps DAM or BatBrain is just being too optimistic elsewhere and the ±5 HP is just a bit of a red herring.

In the example given, Spaghetti Spear is being used, the damage formula for this is 2-3 damage (my guess is 50/50 chance to deal 2 or 3 damage), bonus damage capped at +5, for a total of 7-8 damage. Even if we assume that Procrastination Giant has exactly 225HP you'd still have to deal 8 damage as often or more often than 7 damage each time you use Spaghetti Spear, so perhaps it's more that Theraze's troubles were the cause of optimistic damage prediction as opposed to monster HP variance.
    Last edited by Catch-22; 11-17-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Hmm... with DAM 0.3.1.1 it doesn't think it can finish the combat, and just hangs instead of aborting.
    Run SmartStasis! (-91 profit to stasis with seal tooth -- low)
    Monster: Pooltergeist, ATT: 20, DEF: 18, HP: 25, Value: 222.13
    You will die in 2 rounds.
    Your attack will kill the monster in 9 rounds.
    DestroyAllMonsters starts now! (using Clobber -- killrounds: 3, dierounds: 2)
    KoLmafia declares world peace.
    You're on your own, partner.
    I one-hit them using my master-fist unarmed.

The lack of thinking attack is fine is a BatBrain bug. Hanging instead of aborting is a DAM bug.

Hmm... with DAM 0.3.1.1 it doesn't think it can finish the combat, and just hangs instead of aborting. Hanging instead of aborting is a DAM bug.
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post
    Yep. I've improved anti-infinite-looping protection.

New Version!
    Download 0.3.1.2 beta from the first post.

• safetyMargin is a configurable (and hopefully useful) variable near the top of the script. It is for Catch-22's personal enjoyment.
    • Hopefully fixed an infinite loop.
    Last edited by Bale; 11-17-2011 at 07:01 AM.

New Version!
    Download 0.3.1.3 beta from the first post.

• Shmart Shtuff.
    • Better noodling.

So much left to do regarding my recent abandonment of safe vs dangerous combats.

Plus I still have no good implementaton for deleveling. Anyone have any idea how deleveling should be implemented? It would make me happy if anyone had a good suggestion for that problem.
    Last edited by Bale; 11-18-2011 at 07:20 AM.