Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: ZapWizard - Automatically zaps for mall profit

Also my name has no 'u'.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    There are so many fun ways to misspell your name, sorguon.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

I am having fun with this. I do note that the recommendation has been the same for several days. Since it makes a lot of price checks, I wonder about a mode where it uses historical prices that are younger than a specified age and only checks prices that are too old.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax
    It does only check prices > 1 day old at the moment, but I hear you - the mall search takes a long time. Both of the changes you suggest would be good additions to the next update.

my name has no 'u'.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    doh! fixed.
    Sorry, I totally mixed you up with the Great Prophet Zarquon

Silly me. I just noticed the zapped items were all in my store with a price of 999,999,999. I had assumed that they would be priced at the value that allowed for the calculated profit. Script error or error in my expectations? If the latter, then consider this a feature request - to calculate and set the selling price.

Thanks.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.

Presently, this seems to be slightly outside the scope of your script, but after considering the name ZapWizard, it seems to fall well within bounds. I've really enjoyed it in my zap script so you may be interested in adding some kind of notification or support for it. This function returns which item to zap to attempt to complete outfits or Daily Dungeon keys (only tries to balance keys if you're below level 13). For any zap group that you would like it to equalize, add one item from the group to the item list.

PHP Code:
    item equalizezap() {    // zap to equalize hobopolis outfits & daily dungeon keys

int[itemts;

vprint("Finding equalize zap...","blue",3);

boolean lacking() { foreach i in ts if (!($items[Boris's ring, Jarlsberg's earringSneaky Pete breath spraycontains i) && available_amount(i) == 0)
          return 
    vprint("Lacking zapgroup item: "+i,2); return false; }
       foreach 
    t in $items[boris's key, Ol' Scratch's ash can, Frosty's carrotWand of OscusZombo's shield, Chester's cutoffs,

Hodgman bow tiecursed eyepatchhardened slime hat] {
          if (
    == $item[boris key] && my_level() > 12) continue;

ts get_related(t,"zap");
          if (
    lacking()) foreach i in ts if (item_amount(i) > 1) return i;
       }
       return 
    $item[none];

sorguon.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    !!!

The 's' is new.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I was hoping the 'o' would be new also. Thank goodness I found something original to misspell you.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Cool! Thanks for the outfit completion code Zarqon. I've duct-taped it onto a new version - When the zlib variable "zapwizard_completeoutfits" is true, outfit completion will be recommended over zapping for profit.

I've left out DD key completion because the script isn't really intended for use before prism breaking. That involves a lot more tactical choice - tower items, hippy/frat/mining outfits, etc - and that's well outside the scope of the script as it stands.

Fronobulax - in terms of automatically pricing the items that are placed in the mall, I had intentionally left that out to allow for personal choice in setting prices. You're right that it would make sense to have it autoset a reasonable default though, so it now prices at mall_price (equal to fifth cheapest result in the mall).

Also, the new version updates mall prices at intervals set by the user. It only updates prices that are older than a week by default - customisable with the zlib variable "zapwizard_priceupdateperiod". This makes it a lot friendlier to run every day.

so it now prices at mall_price (equal to fifth cheapest result in the mall).
    Originally Posted by darkcodelagsniper View Post
    Thank you.
    Last edited by lostcalpolydude; 10-11-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tag
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    I agree with frono.

Oops, there was a bug in my code, which I didn't find until now because I have two Necbromancer's shorts but no other outfit pieces yet. I was expecting it to zap the extra shorts but it didn't. This fixes it:

PHP Code:
    item equalizezap() {    // zap to equalize hobopolis outfits & daily dungeon keys

int[itemts;

vprint("Finding equalize zap...","blue",3);

boolean lacking() { foreach i in ts if (!($items[Boris's ring, Jarlsberg's earringSneaky Pete breath spraycontains i) && available_amount(i) == 0)
          return 
    vprint("Lacking zapgroup item: "+i,2); return false; }
       foreach 
    t in $items[boris's key, Ol' Scratch's ash can, Frosty's carrotWand of OscusZombo's shield, Chester's cutoffs,

Hodgman bow tieNecbromancer shortscursed eyepatchhardened slime hat] {
          if (
    == $item[boris key] && my_level() > 12) continue;

ts get_related(t,"zap");

ts[t] = 1;
          if (
    lacking()) foreach i in ts { if (item_amount(i) > 1) return i; }
       }
       return 
    $item[none];

The important bit is the ts[t] = 1; Without that it will ignore duplicate items in the item list.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Actually I noticed and fixed that in my implementation. Sorry, I should probably have pointed that out at the time.

Also, I've not been playing KoL for a couple of weeks, so your post made me go
    What the hell are Necbromancer's Shorts? Meh probably some kind of crappy halloween contenOMG NEW CLAN DUNGEON!!! :O
    Last edited by darkcodelagsniper; 10-24-2011 at 05:07 PM.

So a year and a bit after writing this script I'm still getting the odd kmail from people using it, which is nice

The new update parses stuff that can be zapped (and non-tradeable outfits that can be zapped) from mafia's data files, so the script won't need updating as new stuff gets released.